@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita 08

@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita (Sequel to Gentle Lie)

No. 8! :D... Sorry i took long, as i said it was suppose to be out friday but i had certain things to deal with :/ Any who, here's part 8 not much to this part but it's kinda important. Enjoy :D ~{xxxKissTheAngelxxx}~ Melissa Playing: "デイブレイク Daybreak" By Antic Cafe (An Cafe)

 

 

REITA P.O.V.

 

Miaka shut the door behind me with Hisako still in her arms as I took off my shoes.

“Follow me,” She signalled walking ahead of me.

I nodded and followed quietly. I was really nervous being here, I was surprised she even let me in. She stopped at a doorway and glanced at me.

“This is the living room. I’ll show you the rest of the house after I feed Koko,” Miaka said bouncing Hisako up and down, she seemed to be getting restless.

“You don’t have to,” I replied nervously, unnerved by how relaxed she was.

“No, it’s not a problem. After all I did let you in,” She retorted walking in another direction with Hisako.

I smiled shyly to myself and followed her again. She led me into her well-presented kitchen. For a single Mother, she was doing extremely well as far as I could see. She didn’t need my help.

I stood awkwardly next to the kitchen table and watched Miaka sit down, placing Hisako on her lap.

“Could you pass me her bib from the draw behind you ...and take a seat,” Miaka instructed me, mixing the baby food around in the bowl.

I nodded and turned around. I reached into the first draw I saw and pulled out a purple bib. I walked closer to the kitchen table and handed Miaka the bib before I sat down next to them.

I watched silently as Miaka tucked the bib neatly around Hisako’s neck and began feeding her. With every spoonful Miaka feed to her, Hisako clapped and gargled happily.

Miaka was an amazing mother. Who would have guessed!

“You’re thinking how did I ‘the vulgar bitter one’, turn out to be such a good mother right?” Miaka spoke feeding Hisako another spoonful then looked up at me.

I instantly shook my head ‘no’ making it painfully obvious.

“Liar…” She smirked then focused back down on Hisako, “Honestly I thought the same thing when I was carrying her. But when I saw her for the first time, I found that belief in myself and knew I would do whatever it took to protect the life I had made,”

Miaka’s words were strong and fierce, just like she was when I first met her. She was still the same girl I once had a crush on but with a softer shell.

“Are those fake blue eyes gonna do something or just stare at us?” Miaka grinned looking back up at me.

I was slightly taken back, “You still remember my natural eye colour?!”

She chuckled, “Of course I do! They’re as dark as mine and Hisako’s. We spent a total of 7 months touring together with you always glaring at me, it’s not something I can forget!”

I grinned, “Funny how you know my eye colour but never seen my nose,”

Miaka feed Hisako another spoonful and shrugged, “Never was any interest to me. Thought it was stupid, for a while…Misa said she saw your nose once. You know, that time where she tried to out drink Uruha,”

I sniggered hard remembering, “Ah, She scared me! I didn’t know she was buried underneath all the clothes on the bedroom floor. I went in there to find something before I went for make up then she randomly just sat up! I thought she was a zombie, she scared me sh-”

I stopped myself suddenly as I remembered Hisako was still in the room.

Miaka raised her eyebrow at me, “Were you about to swear in front of my child?”

I stared at her and didn’t reply. I was too nervous to.

She suddenly erupted into laughter, “It’s okay Akira! It took forever for Umeko to reframe from swearing but I’m sure you won’t do it again?”

I nodded my head reassuring her faith in me, if you could call it that.

She smiled grabbing a tissue to wipe Hisako’s mouth. Miaka had finally finished feeding her. What they were going to do now was unknown to me. I was just a spectator watching their world from the sidelines.

“Okie dokie, let’s go show Reita a tour of our home!” Miaka cooed sweetly to Hisako as she lifted her up and held her with one arm before putting the empty bowl and spoon in the sink.

I got up from my seat and threw the dirty tissue Miaka had left on the table in the bin for her.

“Thanks,” Miaka said instantly then looked at Hisako, “Why don’t you call him to follow us Koko?”

Hisako looked at me and reached out, “Reita!”

Her voice gave me that warm feeling again.

“Well you heard her, come on!” Miaka smirked and began walking out of the kitchen.

I followed quickly behind them. They lead me into the hallway.

“I’m gonna make this as quick as possible for you,” Miaka yelled back to me then pointed to a door we were about to pass.

“That’s the bathroom, toilet, sink, and etcetera. If you need to use it please put the seat down when you’re finished,” Miaka warned as she continued onwards down the hallway.

I smirked and followed along as we passed another door.

“That’s a closet for things like a vacuum, coats, just general things,” She explained without me having to ask.

She then stopped at the doorway on her right. I caught up with her.

“And this, is Hisako’s room,” Miaka smiled and looked towards me.

I peered into the room to see a lilac painted wall with black, red and silver roses painted in a continuous problem from the floor to the middle of the room. There was a soft furry carpet on the floor while there were loads of toys organised around the room, followed by a neatly kept crib in the corner.

“Wow…” Was all I could say.

“I put a lot of effort into this room; I wanted to make it special for her. I did the guest room too which is just behind that door,” Miaka explained pointing to the locked room opposite Hisako’s.

I nodded then noticed there was one more door at the end of the hallway just in front of us.

“What’s that room?” I asked curiously pointing to it.

Miaka looked where I was pointing then looked at me with an intimidating stare.

“That’s my bedroom. If you go in there I will…” Miaka paused and covered Hisako’s ears, “…Kill you! It’s not really decorated but that’s not why you can’t go in there. To be honest I don’t even sleep in there, I usually sleep on the couch or in the guest room,”

Miaka removed her hands from Hisako’s ears as she giggled sweetly.

I smiled back and focused back Miaka, “Can I ask why?”

“Umm, force of habit really. I never had a lot of time to prepare things so I made sure that Hisako was looked after first before anything else,” Miaka replied beginning to lead me back down the hallway.

“So you haven’t really done anything for yourself?” I asked amazed.

“That’s the sacrifice of a mother. You always put your child before your own selfish needs, and it pays off because I have a wonderful daughter,” Miaka replied proudly before we entered her living room.

I watched as Miaka placed Hisako on the floor to play with her toys then Miaka sat watching her from the sofa.

It was strange watching Miaka interact with her child. It wasn’t a bad thing; it was good but so different. The woman I once lusted for was naïve, vulgar and selfish to me and now she’s a mother.

Yet something about her calls to me. I guess old crushes die hard.

“You can play with her you know,” Miaka voice entered my mind.

I looked over to see up looking at me, waiting for me to do something.

“Umm Okay,” I replied sitting down on the sofa next to Miaka.

Hisako just stared up at me and clapped excitedly.

NORMAL P.O.V. ~Miaka~

 

I watched Reita play with my daughter. I was quite nervous having him in my house but it seemed like Hisako enjoys his company so I couldn’t say no.

He never really explained why he was here but I guess I didn’t care. It was nice having one more person who cared about my daughter.

However I was extremely afraid he would get to close but saying that, it was only one visit. After all the next day he would be gone, continuing his with his normal life not looking back.