@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita 01

@--The Truth Behind The Lie--@ Reita (Sequel to Gentle Lie)

Here's 01 of my new Reita squeal.. if you haven't already, please read the both Gentle Lie and TTBTL Prologue as it will make more sense! Anyway please give me feedback! READ/RATE/MESSAGE ~{xxxKissTheAngelxxx}~ Melissa Playing: "Senjou Cameraman to Saigo (戦場カメラマンと最期) " By Ayabie (^^)

 

NORMAL P.O.V. –Miaka-

 

I picked up my groceries and headed out of the supermarket. Usually I wasn’t in a rush to get home but today was different.

I walked down the street with speed. I turned the street corner hastily then bumped into some people. I dropped one of my grocery bags revealing its contents of rice, crackers, bean sprouts and pasta.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you,” I apologised proceeding to pick up my groceries, not once looking up at whom I had bumped into.

“It’s okay, let us help you,” A friendly voice replied.

“No I’m fine, I’m-“ I looked up to see three familiar faces smiling politely.

“MIAKA!” They gasped pleasantly surprised.

“Ruki! Aoi! Kai!” I squealed with shock before picking up the rest of the groceries and standing up to greet them.

Kai hugged me first then Aoi and finally Ruki.

“We haven’ seen you in person in like nearly two years!” Kai stated with bright eyes.

“Yeah, you put on weight!”

“Ruki that’s rude!” Aoi scorned him.

“No no, not in a bad way, you just got more curves…and massive s!” Ruki explained with erted grin.

“I’ll take as a compliment, you guys haven’t changed much, your still just as pretty,” I giggled playfully.

“Yep as always!” Ruki retorted without modesty while I just rolled my eyes.

“So what have you been doing with yourself?” Aoi asked.

“Nothing much really, I manage a local instrument store dealing with imports and exports from and to other countries, the pays not too bad,” I explained careful not to reveal anything else.

“Well at least you’re still on the musical path,” Ruki replied awkwardly causing an uncomfortable silence to settle in.

I could tell my departure from the tour and Syncoida had affected them but I felt in my view, I didn’t owe them an explanation.

“Speaking of music, why are you guys back in Kanagawa? I thought you were still on tour?” I asked curiously picking up the conversation.

“Oh we just finished touring last week, we’re on a long deserved break,” Aoi smiled brightly.

“I see,” I looked at them then realised someone was missing, “Where’s Uruha?”

“Guitar shopping!” They chimed out in perfect harmony causing me to laugh.

My laughter soon turned into silence again. I wanted to ask about him but I didn’t have the courage.

“Reita’s at home relaxing,” Ruki commented reading my mind.

“Oh,” I gave them a simple reply as not to give off any emotion.

“We’re gonna meet up with him and Uruha later if you wanna join us?” Kai hinted batting his eyes at me.

I smiled weakly, “I would love too but I can’t, I’m actually in a rush to get these bags home, I got to do some shipment paperwork tonight,”

“Aww, but we’ll see you round right?” Aoi cooed out almost pleading to me with his eyes.

“Yeah of course! Just give me call and I’ll meet up with you guys or something,” I grinned preparing myself to rush off.

“Okay cool, we’ll definitely do that!” Ruki smiled going in for the first goodbye hug.

I hugged Ruki tight then gave a double hug to Aoi and Kai.

“Okay, I’ll see you guys round,” I waved starting to walk away.

“Bye Miaka!” They called out with Ruki shouting louder then both Kai and Aoi.

“Send my love to Uruha!” I called back picking up my walking speed.

“We will! And Reita too…” I faintly hear Kai reply.

I smirked shyly to myself and continued on my journey home.

It had been a while since I saw the guys, not by choice of course. My circumstances leasing me to where I am now, we’re unexpected even to me but I guess I’ve learned to deal with it.

The smirk soon left my face as I approached my apartment door. I scrambled around in my pocket and took out my key then opened the door. I quickly rushed in and shut the door behind me.

“Umeko! I’m back!” I called through my apartment before walking into my kitchen and placing the grocery bags on the kitchen countertop.

Umeko came rushing into the kitchen, clumsily putting on her jacket, “Where have you been, you’re late?”

“I ran into Kai, Ruki and Aoi…” I replied grabbing food items and putting them in the cupboards.

I stopped packing stuff away and placed my hands on the counter top frustrated, “Why didn’t you warn The Gazette were back?!”

“Don’t get hissy with me!” I didn’t know they were back until 20 minutes ago when Ruki texted me to come out tonight,” Umeko stressed fixing her jacket collar.

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” I huffed loudly and continued to pack my groceries away.

“Look Mia chill, No harm done,” Umeko said before placing her hands on my shoulder, “I’ll catch you tomorrow okay?”

I looked at her and smiled weakly, “Yeah, have fun tonight with the guys,”

Umeko smiled widely, “I will!”

She then walked out of the kitchen and headed to the door. I heard the door slam shut leaving me by myself.

I sighed and put the kettle on before sitting at the kitchen table. I began messaging my temples slowly.

Suddenly crying came echoing through my apartment from one of the bedrooms. I got up and ran towards the smallest bedroom.

I entered the bedroom and walked over to the crib in the corner. There lay Hisako kicking and screaming, she was probably hungry or wet. I carefully picked her up and held her close to my chest.

“It’s okay honey…” I cooed in her ear, bouncing her up and down, “Mommy’s home…”