Chapter 9: Issues.

Love Essence

It was the week of Super Junior returning home from their schedules in China. Sae-rin was still at the U-KISS dorms, and was packing up since her brother would be returning home in a few hours. She was running late, but she was calm about it. *Okay, so Leeteuk might flip out a little. If I'm not there soon...* She thought, and then hurried outside. Kiseop and Hoon were taking her back home, while Soohyun came along to explain things to Leeteuk, if she arrived a little too late. 

 

*****MEANWHILE*****

Leeteuk, Donghae, and the others were in their vans driving back to their household back in Seoul. They had just got off their plane.

"Aigoo~ That was a super long trip." Leeteuk said as he stretched, and yawned. *Rinnie, have you been well? I hope your home, and not staying at another house, even though being alone doesn't sound to welcoming..* He thought, as he glanced at Donghae, (who was sleeping at the time) and then suddenly he began visualizing Sae-Rin and Donghae together.

*Whoa..they actually would be perfect together! I hope she doesn't like Kiseop, though...* Leeteuk thought to himself, completely oblivious to his sister's love triangle. He wanted Sae-Rin and Donghae together. 

Soon SJ get to their house. Donghae is the first to enter the house, and he looks around everywhere trying to find Sae-Rin, but she's no where in the house.

*! Sae-Rin please be okay, please be okay.* Donghae thought and then ran outside. "Guys! Sae-Rin isn't in the house. I looked everywhere!" Hae said, which caused the others to look at eachother.

"No way! I told her to stay home!" Leeteuk said, and then dialed her cell phone number. Sae-Rin might be in a lot of trouble...

 

***********SAE-RIN'S POV**********

Kiseop, Hoon, and I were shoving my bag into the trunk when my cell phone started to ring. I took it out and saw it was oppa. "Oh god, I'm in soo much trouble. Leeteuk's calling!!" I said as I looked up at Kiseop and Hoon, I was so scared to answer the phone. They got home earlier than they said.

Soohyun, Hoon, and Kiseop looked at eachother in alarm. They were worried. 

"T-they couldn't have made it back THIS early, right? I mean, Leeteuk already dislikes us enough." Kiseop asked me, running a hand through his hair. I pouted and got in the car, answering the phone.

"Y-yobseo?" I weakly asked. 

"WHERE ARE YOU, SAE-RIN?!" Leeteuk started to yell in the phone, I knew he thought something bad might've happened. I can't lie to him..my eyes started to water up. "Leeteuk, calm down please, Oppa? I'm fine I'm in a car.." I started to say but was cut off by more of Leeteuk's yelling. The last thing he said before I hung up was "GET.HOME.NOW".

At this point I was crying, I don't take getting yelled at well. I tried to wipe my tears away as I got back out of the car, and saw Kiseop was sitting on the trunk, he saw my stained cheeks.

He walked over to me, and then wiped the remaining tears away. I blushed when I heard him say "Don't cry, Sae. You're much prettier when your smiling." It calmed me down, at least. I nodded and then I pulled away and saw 6 other guys watching us, giggling at eachother, which made my cheeks go even redder.

*Shikkuro, guys!* I thought to myself.

After that, I told Kiseop the directions to my house, I was so scared, which only worsened when Kiseop said "Guys, I think we should all go up with Sae-Rin, and I be the one to tell where she was and why."

It was then when I realized, he was right, but he was so brave. And that was our plan.

 

*******END OF SAE-RINS POV, AND GO TO KISEOP'S *******

I had just put some more bags in the trunk, when Sae-Rin's cell phone went off. I smiled a little when I heard what song it was, it was "Forbidden Love". My smile quickly disappeared when she had said it was Leeteuk calling. My heart may have just stopped then. "T-they couldn't have made it back THIS early, right? I mean Leeteuk already dislikes us enough." I said while running a hand through my hair.

She went into the car and answered the phone, and then after a while I saw her come out and her cheeks were stained with tears.

*He yelled at you, didn't he?*    I thought.

I thought, as I walked over to her and wiped the remaining tears on her face, while hugging her. "Don't cry, Sae. You're much prettier when your smiling." I said.

*Sae-Rin, I swear you're the only person I'd ever want to be with. Please don't cry, or you'll make me cry..* I thought silently.

I felt her nod, and she became calm again, until I heard 6 different chuckles from the guys behind me, I had to smile. *Guys, whyyy?* I thought, and pulled away, doing a pout at the other guys. "Jerks." I said to them, and they started laughing, and we did to.

Eli walked up to us and gave Sae-Rin a hug, and looked at me with a sly smile saying, "Guys, seriously, just date already. You're both adorable." I punched Eli playfully, with a smile, of course, they all knew I liked her.  Soohyun, Hoon, Sae-Rin, and I headed into my car to take her home. 

After a while, we arrived at her house. Suddenly, I began to feel nervous and afraid. "Guys, I think we should all go up with Sae-Rin and I be the one to tell where she was and why. It seems right." I could feel Sae-Rin tense up beside me and look at me in disbelief. I got out of the car, and opened it up for Sae-Rin. We all stopped and looked at eachother as we saw Donghae and Leeteuk walk out of the house. We knew it was going to be bad.

I was right..Leeteuk started to yell. 

"Sae-Rin, where have you been?!" He shouted, and then I felt Sae-Rin flinch next to me. I knew she was too sensitive to take this, so I put a hand on her arm, in attempt to say "It'll be okay." 

I glanced at Donghae, and I tried not to glare. There was still issues between he and I. What really pissed me off was Leeteuk's next words..

"Where you hanging around these guys instead of staying home like I TOLD you to?! OH, What did you do? Go to parties, get drunk, and then end up getting into something super bad? Hell, I don't know. These guys could've done ANYTHING, and you were too reckless to see it!" Leeteuk said, I wanted to punch him so badly.

Sae-Rin didn't need this. She was about to cry when I looked at her. I was truely defensive over her, after all, I did pull her close to me.

"Looks like my sister is a wh--" Leeteuk started, but Donghae shouted, telling him to stop. Then Sae-Rin tried to have a brave voice, yet her voice was shaking.

"You know what, Leeteuk? You can call me a , I don't care anymore!!" She walked up to Leeteuk, after shrugging off my hold on her, and continued to fight back. This is what I admired about her, she stood up for what she believed in.

"THEY were keeping me safe, taking care of me, and making sure I wasn't home alone! While my so called brother was in China partying, performing, and having a life. MAYBE they didn't want me to stay cooked up in the house all the time! But, like you would understand, you don't know me if you think I'd go and get drunk so recklessly like that!" She stammered, and thats when I felt it was time for me to step in, to finish this.

I cleared my throat, and then I spoke. "Leeteuk-sunbae.." I started, trying to sound polite, even though I definitely didn't feel polite.

"I hope you know, Soohyun, Kevin, Eli, Dongho, Hoon, AJ, and I all offered to let Sae-Rin stay with us, because we didn't approve of her staying home alone while you guys were gone. We did nothing of the sort that you said. We played video games, danced to different songs, and Sae-Rin and I made homemade kimchi for everyone to eat. I would also appreciate it if you'd stop implying that she is a drunk, , and only cares about parties. I don't like it." I said, looking Leeteuk straight in the eye, yet I felt the corners of my mouth come into a smile, thinking of how I held her, and got to kiss her cheek while she was staying over, it made me all happy inside, but that ended after he told us to go.

Leeeteuk looked flat out surprised that I spoke up. I guess no one else ever did, when it came to Sae-Rin. He was a great brother, he definitely cared from the way he was so protective.  

*******END OF KISEOP'S POV, NOW ITS TO DONGHAES*******

I was straight out worried, but then I heard one, two, three car doors open and I got out to see out the window. I felt my fist clinch up when I saw Sae-Rin walking up to the door with Kiseop and two other guys. Oh, man I was mad, but at the same time, I was happy she didn't stay alone the entire time. 

"Leeteuk, Sae-Rin's outside with U-KISS." I said as I marched down the stairs to the living room. Everyone looked at Leeteuk, and saw his facial expression change. I saw him storm outside, and I knew that it was going to be horrible.

 I walked outside as well, and shut the door so the other guys wouldn't hear what was going to happen, but I just knew they'd be spying through the windows.

"Sae-Rin, where have you been?!" Leeteuk shouted, I saw Sae-Rin flinch and look down. I looked over at Kiseop who looked away as well, but I could feel that there was still tension between he and I. 

"Where you hanging around these guys, instead of staying home like I TOLD you to?! OH, what did you do? Go to alcoholic parties, get drunk, and then end up getting into something super bad?! Hell, I don't know. These guys could've done ANYTHING. And you were too reckless to see it!" Leeteuk continued to lay down the insults. I had it with his hurtful words, I could tell Sae-Rin was about to just cry.

"Looks like my sister is a wh----" I cut Leeteuk off. I felt a fiery energy build inside.

"LEETEUK, STOP IT. " I shouted, of course I was going to stick up for Sae-Rin,..I...love her. Leeteuk stopped and looked at me, surprised. I glanced at Kiseop, who I saw had a fist,  I was for sure that he wanted to punch Leeteuk super bad. At least he and I were on the same page.

*But, that was IT. Now I was upset with Leeteuk, calling her a , well trying too...Don't cry, please, Sae-Rinnie?*

"You know what, Leeteuk? Call me a if you want. I don't care anymore!" Sae-Rin said. "THEY were keeping me safe, taking care of me, and making sure I wasn't alone! While my so called brother was in China partying, performing, and having a life. Maybe they didn't want me to stay cooked up in the house all the time! Like you would know, you don't know me if you think I'd go and get drunk recklessly like that!" She ended, and then Kiseop cleared his throat, in an attempt to calm himself down, and to ask for premission to speak.

"Leeteuk-sunbae, I would like to tell you that Soohyun, Kevin, Eli, Dongho, Hoon, AJ, and I all offered to let Sae-Rin stay with us, because we didn't approve of her staying home alone while you guys were gone. We did nothing of the sort that you said. We played video games, danced to different songs, taught Sae-Rin some dances, and then Sae-Rin and I made homemade kimchi for everyone to eat. I would also appreciate it if you'd stop implying that she is a drunk, , and only cares about parties; because I KNOW she doesn't." Kiseop said, and then looked at me, telling me the story too. I felt relieved that he didn't hurt her, but I still was jealous. I wish she would've went with us instead.

*Aish, this guy...maybe he is better than I am for Rinnie, but I don't want to back down..* I thought to myself. 

 

(END OF DONGHAE'S POV, LEETEUKS NOW)

After Sae-Rin's yelling back, I felt bad that I had called her all that, and then said all she cared about was guys. *I'm...not a good brother, am I? Treating her like that....* I thought, biting my lip and I looked down, I saw her tears as she was fighting back, which made me tear up as well. My feelings got worse when Kiseop cleared his throat. I wasn't exactly okay with him yet, but he did call my name respectfully, so I listened.

When he had said what he did, I was in shock. No one had ever stood up to me like that, this made me change my view on Kiseop. He was brave, and I appreciated these guys for taking Sae-Rin in. "Then why where you late getting here?" I asked, trying to sound as calm as possible. I was still stressed out.

"For your information, Leeteuk, I slept in late, and they didn't want to wake me up...since I cried a lot the following day because of something I saw on TV." Sae-Rin said, I could feel she hated me right now, it was eating at my core. (A/N: Hae's video message in the last chapter)

"Araso, Sae-Rin. I'm sorry for yelling.." I knew that wasn't going to cut it, "Yeah...sure..." Sae-Rin said and then she shoved Donghae and I out of the way and entered the house. The other guys had moved out of the way before she entered the door, so she had no idea they were eavesdroping. With her gone, it just left Donghae, Kiseop, Hoon, Kevin, Soohyun, and I.

The tension was so great between Donghae and Kiseop, and I had no idea why. Until, I remembered what Donghae said in the interview, and then it hit me. There was a love triangle going on. Donghae and Kiseop both loved Sae-Rin. 

*But, why did Donghae tell me to stop scolding her? When she stayed with them?..Weird..* I thought. After awhile, I finally apologized for yelling at Sae-Rin to them, and at least thanked them for taking care of Sae-RIn while I was gone in China with Super Junior. After they left, I walked inside, and went to Sae-Rin's room.

"Yah!!  I'm not done with you yet, Sae-Rin. Get out here into the living room, all of you!!" I demanded, I was calling for a group meeting. I leaned against the wall as everyone slowly filed in to the livingroom, taking a seat whereever there was one. Of course, Sae-Rin was the last to show up. I was still a bit ticked off about not obeying me, but I hated yelling at her, so I figured out a more effective method of puninishment. After all, she was almost 19 now. 

"WHAT Do you want now Leeteuk?!" Sae-Rin said, glaring. I walked up to her.

"Sae-Rin, I'm sorry, but you didn't listen to me, so I forbid you to talk, or even see ANY of the U-KISS members from now on. If you don't listen to me, then I'll send you back home." I said, with my bravest voice, even though I inside I felt bad for it, but I didn't want to yell at her again, either.

"W...what?..." Sae-Rin said, her bottom lip trembled, but then she glared at me. "That's not even fair, Leeteuk!! No, that's not even RIGHT. At least THEY took me everywhere they went, it wouldn't matter if they were freaking going to Anarctica! My brother left me home, alone. Someone could've murdered me. I feel safer with them than I do here! That tells you something!!" She had only just managed to say that, when she turned around, ran back up the stairs, and slammed her door. I knew she was going to cry, I heard her voice crack. She's so strong..but so delicate at the same time.

I knew she was heartbroken..and now, so was I.

I never ever wanted to hurt her, but what else was I to do?

It's been about 2 months or more since that night. She still stays up in her room, and has no interest to do anything but stay in there, looking out on the balcony. We only see her around meal times, or if she's going to the gym. It's affecting all of us, too. We need her around.

Donghae can't even manage to get her out of there...normally he could.

*I'm so sorry, Sae-Rin-ah...I hope you know I don't mean to be this cruel..it's just I want the best for you...*

 

**************END OF LEETEUK'S, BACK TO SAE-RIN's***************

It's hard not being able to talk to U-KISS, especially Kiseop. All I ever do now is cry, and I have started to fall into depression.

Donghae can't even get me out of my room like he use to. 

*Leeteuk, why did you have to punish me like this?!....* I thought, as I sat on the balcony, looking through the pictures of me and the guys. The tears won't stop coming, I wish they would. I decided to play some music, oddly, the song's lyrics matched how I feel.

"naega da beorilge ijen da noheulge

geuman tteonado dwae

dasin nal chajjima maeumeun apeujiman
ijeobeoril su itge"

(Translates to: I’ll throw it all away, now I’ll let it all go

You can leave now
Don’t ever look for me – though my heart hurts

So I can forget you...

 

"Kiseop....I miss you..." I said, as I suddenly out from crying so much. 

 

********************************************************

Hey guys ^^. Thanks for reading my latest chapter, and I'm sooooo sorry it took me so long to write it. I've been busy with school and other teenage life. (PFFT. SCHOOL, HOMEWORK, AND FANGIRLING OVER K-POP IDOLS IS ABOUT IT...OH, and playing Minecraft/ElSword. ^^) I recently just got into INFINITE, so yeah. (YES I knew them before, but I never gave them a chance, like an idiot. I liked Infinite H, which made me listen to INFINITE. Hoya and Dongwoo are my bias' <3 But Kiseop, and Jongup will always have my heart.(Mostly Kiseoppp) ) So, enjoy my story, and I hope you guys want more each time you read a new chapter of mine, ^^.

SARANGHAEYO~

-Heather^^.