My Fake Boyfriend

Wait a Little Longer

 

Mina was walking carefully on the way back home. School had just finished and poor Sunha couldn’t join her, she had a fever. Hopefully it doesn’t pass onto anyone else, Mina thought.

Mr. Park demanded that Sunha stayed home to rest. He didn’t want his little girl getting worse, but what could you expect? He was a doctor after all.

Mina asked if she could stay to take care of her, but both parents said no immediately and told her that education is important.

 

Flashback

 

“It’s only for one day.” Mina complained. Both parents shook their heads.

“That means make up work and you can get sick as well, You’re going to school and that’s final.” Mr. Park told her while putting an arm on her shoulder.

“He’s right, and anyways, you have a test in my class tomorrow too, I don’t want you make it up some other day after school when you could be here with the rest of us.” Mrs. Park added.

 

“Those aren’t very good reasons,” Mina muttered to herself as she kicked a pebble out of her way. She really wanted to stay home and take care of Sunha. Sunha’s happiness meant a lot to her. If it wasn’t for Sunha, she wouldn’t be where she is now. She meant a lot in her life.

“Aish stop fussing over it Mina, it’s just a fever.” She told herself. Mina quickened her face trying to get home faster.

There was an intersection up ahead and the light was red, she couldn’t cross the street. Mina grunted as she stopped in her tracks, waiting for the little walking man light to appear. A bunch of laughs were heard from behind.

Mina pretended to check out the area by turning around in a circle, taking in everything that was around. She saw a group of guys from her school all huddled up together, pointing and looking at her. Mina’s glared at them and looked back to the front.

None of these guys walked the same path as her to get to their homes, and she knew they weren’t here to hang out because the area had no arcades or restaurants, just intersections and work places.

Someone must’ve sent them, Mina thought to herself. She heard their laughs getting closer and their words were clear;

“Do you think she saw us?”
“She probably did”
“Let’s get her now.”

Mina scrunched her face up at the walking man symbol. It still hadn’t blinked green. The group of guys came closer and Mina was losing patience.

Mina looked down to check if her shoes were tied, and they were. She lowered her skirt so the wind wouldn’t lift it too high. Mina adjusted her back pack straps and then started to count down.

3...

The guys walked up to her

2...

One of them touched her shoulder

..1

The walking man signal blinked and as soon as it did, Mina ran a full sprint, crossing the streets, running into messy alleys and sharp corners.

Mina smiled, loving the feeling of the wind going through her hair and lifting her feet up to take longer strides. She could always count on her athletic abilities to help her out in situations such as this one.  She has even been scouted to participate in Olympic training, but she refused every one of them. She wanted a normal teenage life.

Not that her life was anywhere close to normal.

Normal, in her opinion, means to get chased and wanted beaten up. No one in the school particularly liked her. She had no friends other than Sunha, and for that she was more than thankful.

Mina came to a halt when she was just a few blocks away from her house. Soon, she’ll be in the safe walls of her home.

Home.

She loved that word for some reason. Mina took out her phone and she started to play Temple Run to beat her last high score.

“Yes!” Mina exclaimed as she beat it. She jumped up and down in victory. She decided to play another round.

“Almost….ahhh!” Mina yelped as she fell back after hitting something hard . She looked up and saw a lamp post. Mina grunted as she stood back up and massaged her forehead and her . She hated how she always ended up getting hurt.

Mina continued her game. As she reached the corner she bumped into something again.

“Stupid lamp post.” She muttered as she staggered back.

“I don’t think I’m a lamp post.” A man chuckled. Mina looked up raised her eyebrows, What is he doing here, she thought.

“Oh” He said surprised. “I think we’ve met before.” The man reached out his hand with a sincere smile.

“Kim Joon Hyung?” Mina asked raising a brow. The man laughed and shook his head.

“Kim Hyun Joong,” He corrected. Mina nodded slowly. He was wearing a dark shade of sweat pants with black converse and a black sweater. His hair was disheveled but it looked appropriate, and he hand his headphones resting on his neck.

Hyun Joong retreated his hand, finally realizing that Mina wasn’t going to take it. Mina tilted her head to the side.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him. Wait, why am I even talking to him?! She thought. Hyun Joong continued to smile.

“I was visiting the orphanage around here and decided to jog.” He explained. Mina nodded. She knew that there was an orphanage a few blocks from here.

Which reminded her that Mina had to get home now and fast. “I need to go now.” She said hastily and walked quickly in the direction of her house.

Hyun Joong watched her go. “She’s interesting…” He thought to himself, and smiled in her direction. Hyun Joong plugged his headphones in and started to jog the opposite direction.

Mina finally turned the corner that led to her street, but halted.

She could make out in the distance a group of guys, the same group of guys, standing in front of her house.

What are they doing there? She asked herself. “Aish!” Mina ran back in the direction that Kim Hyun Joong was walking in and finally caught up to him.

“Excuse me” She said as she caught up behind him, but he just kept jogging, “YAH!” She yelled and finally he turned around.

He looked surprised to see her again, “Is something wrong?” Hyun Joong furrowed his eyebrows. Mina nodded her head. She grabbed his hand and led him to her house.

“yah! Are you a sasaeng fan?! Get off me!” He yelled as he let loose of her grip. Mina rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand again.

“I’m being stalked by a bunch of guys right now, and you are going to help me. So stop acting like a baby and follow me.” She growled. Hyun Joong’s eyes widened at her as she had a determined look on her face, and she led him to her street.

They came to a halt and Mina pointed in the direction of her house. Hyun Joong saw and his face and tone of voice turned serious.

“You’re not joking with me are you?” He looked down at her. Mina shook her head and kept looking at the direction of her house.

“I’m being serious right now.” She replied. Hyun Joong sighed as he intertwined fingers with her and put a hand on her waist, pulling Mina close to him.

Mina grew uncomfortable, this isn’t what she wanted, she just wanted him to walk with her to her house. “Yah-“

“Be quiet unless you want those guys so know what we’re to.” He muttered. Mina squirmed but Hyun Joong held her in tighter and walked forward.

Mina sighed as she gave in and let him hold her. She looked up to his face and saw that he had a nice looking jawline. His eyes gave of a sincere vibe, and his lips looked plump and tasty that she just wanted to-

Mina what are you thinking?! Mina mentally hit herself a million times and she shook her head trying to get rid of all the thoughts of him pouring into her mind.

“Hehe are you thinking of me right now?” Hyun Joong teased. Mina walked out of his grasp and crossed her arms.

“No, I think you’re mistaken.” She snapped. Hyun Joong pulled her back into his arms.

“I think you’re lying.” He whispered in her ear, making her squirm in distaste.

“Am not!”

“Are too”

“Am not!”

“You’re blushing.”

“Shut up!”

“We’re here.” Hyun Joong said. Both of them looked up the house’s wooden doors. Mina tilted her head to the side. When did they arrive here?

Hyun Joong knocked on the door and hummed. Mina’s eyes widened.

“You did not just knock on the door.” She said in disbelief. Hyun Joong nodded innocently.

“Why? Is something wrong?” He looked around the front porch and saw the guys were nowhere to be seen on the lawn.

The door was about to open but Mina closed it immediately, hearing a yell from the other side. Mina couldn’t let anyone know about what just happened, or that Kim Hyun Joong was at their front door. Mina turned to Hyun Joong and nodded.

“Thanks for the help.” She said gruffly. Eunjo was trying to open the door from the other side. Hyun Joong smiled.

“No problem. In fact,” He bent down to her ear, “I wouldn’t mind doing it again.” He whispered. Mina furrowed her eye brows together.

“You can go now.” She said stiffly. Hyun Joong chuckled.

“I was just kidding.” He muttered. “What’s your name again? Now? He decides to ask this now?!

“I’M NOT GIVING YOU MY DAMN NAME YOU ! GET AWAY FROM HERE!” She yelled, sending Hyun Joong on his feet running for dear life. He laughed as he jogged away from her. Mina glared at him and prayed that she would never EVER meet him again.

“Yah! Let me open the door!” Eunjo yelled, pulling on the door with all his might.

“If you say so,” Mina let go of the door handle, causing Eunjo to go flying backwards and the door to bang open. Mina removed her shoes and walked into the house like nothing ever happened, and Eunjo smirked secretly.

Eunjo looked at Mina like a predator stalking his prey. “Just wait Mina,” He whispered to himself. “You’re going to wish you never lay a finger on me after today.” Eunjo skipped up to his bedroom, excited for the storm that was about to happen.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second update. Sorry for them being long...but i like to write! lol what more can i say?