The Arrival of the Bacon

Wait a Little Longer

Mina staggerred a few steps forward and suddenly halted. She was out of breath, bruises spattered across her arms, her left cheek stung, and she had a nasty scrape on her knee. She never thought she would hate a person so much in her life, that person was Naeun.

 

"Who's next" Mina asked. Some of the guys still standing took a step back, others stayed rooted to their spots. One of them shouted at her.

"Who's next? What are you, a cocky ?" He went up to her and pushed her roughly, Mina coughed and shuddered at his cold touch. "Don't touch me." She glared at him. The other guys seemed to gain a large amount of courage after the other guy pushed her, and they all circled her.

"Naeun said she wanted you dead." one of them with a foul looking face sneered. He spit on the floor, only a few centemeters from Mina's shoes. "We won't kill you, but we'll make sure it hurts like hell."

*I'd like to see you try* Mina thought to herself as one guy lounged at her and she dodged him, then punched the other guy that tried to get a hold of her. She was doing well in the beginning, hitting and dodging, but then, her breath faltered.

Mina crouchd onto the ground panting for air heavily, feeling as though she were drowning. *What's going on...* She thoguht to herself. She needed air...she needed it now.

"What the hell is wrong with her?"

"I don't know, we didn't do anything to her."

"Shut up! This is our chance!" And like hyena's rounding up on their prey, Mina stood in the middle, surrounded, lonely, and drowning.

 

MINA'S POV

 

I had to force myself to stand straightly. There's no way taht i'm going to collapse, here on the streets, when home is just two blocks away. but my back feels haevey. I slowly take the backpack that was on my back off, and drag it along with me in my hands. My back felt lighter, and...better?

I wondered what happened to me back there, i could of easily escaped those delinquents, but what happened to my breathing? I was alright and suddenly i was choking on air...what the hell?

And because of my stupid choking, i ended up getting hurt. I slowly look over at my arms that her polka dotted with purple bruises. How can someone be so cruel and do this to another person? Why would they want to do that? And most importantly, what did i ever to to Naeun?

That's teh problem with me; i forget everything. i forgot my parents, my past, my problems, and my ways. Sunha says i was more cheerful back then, that i always was a trouble maker, that i knew the answer to everything when i was younger, but that i got in a car crash and forgot everything..

Car crash...that's what they all say. I was in a car crash, my parent's died, my family who supposedly "loved me" dind't want me for some reason. My memory is hazy an dsometimes i can't even remember what happened 5 minutes ago, even if you tell me. It's confusing i know, but you leanr to live with problems, and eventually, those problems are your life.

Juat as i reached the coner to my street, my vision had dark spots and was foggy. "Ehh?"

 

Narrator's POV

 

Baekhyun was in Sunha's room, waiting patiently for Mina to come, who should've already arrived about 30 minutes ago. He huffed and glared at his cousin.

"yYah, didn't you say Mina was going to be here soon? It's been 30 minutes and 29 seconds already!" Baekhyun threw Sunha's pillow at her as she read her book on her desk. She glared back at him, and threw the pillow back in his place.

"She's late that's all, and you shouldn't treat a sick person that way." She wagged her finger at him and closed her book. Sunha looked out her bedroom window and sighed. "But she is kind of late isn't she? Aish Baekhyun! Now you got me worrying about her!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stood up from her bed. He adjusted his sweat pants, and grabbed his hoodie, pulling it over him. Grabbing his hat form her counter he looked back at her.

"I'm going to go look for her." He said in a worried tone. Sunha noticed the way his voice sounded serious and the playful smile of his was now transormed into a straight line. "I'll be back." And with that, he closed the door and left the house.

Sunha looked at her clsoed bedroom door and sighed. "Baekhyun, you always had a thing for Mina didn't you." She said to no one in particular. "Just don't come crying to me when she doesn't feel the smae way." Sunha walked over to her now Baekhyun-less bed and snuggled in tightly with her Rilakkuma bear that was given to her by Mina.

 

Baekhyun closed the front door behind him and whistled as he adjusted his hat on his head. He looked up and down both sides of the street. "Mina should be coming in from that way." He muttered to himself and started to walk towards the corner of the streets. Whne he turned the street he saw a petite figure in basketball shorts, and wsa dragging her sprts bag and school back pack in her hands. Baekhyun chuckled, "Hehe yah Mi- MINA!"

Baekhyun ran towards Mina after seeing her fomr afar collapsing onto the cement side walk. "Yah Mina, Oh God." Baekhyun gasped as he kneeled down beside her and saw her arms with bruises and her face swollen. Wihtout wasting anytime, Baekhyun threw her back pack over his shoulders, and picked her up delicately, bridal style. As he walked back to the house in a hurry he could only think one thing, *I can't let this happen again*

 

All the Parks stood silently in Mina's crowded Bedroom. Mrs. Park was in Mr. Park's arms silently blaming herself for not taking her home with her. Eunjo sat on Mina's chair and sighed deeply every now and then, hating her for making him worry. Sunha and Baekhyun were sitting in the bed next to Mina, and Mina layed still under her covers, with a wet towel on her forhead, a breathing mask, and an Iv in her arm. Sunha kept wiping tears off of her eyes and Baekhyun just looked over at Mina longingly. He wanted for her to wake up, tell him everything that happened, and for her to smile at him like she always did. That smile was the thing he treasured most in his life.

"Well, i guess the soup is ready." Mr. Park patted his wife's arm and gave it a little squeeze. "Let's leave Mina to rest and go downstairs and eat." One by one, all of them left the bedroom except Baekhyun.

"Hyung, aren't you coming down?" Eunjo popped his head back out of the bedroom door and looked at Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook his head and gave his little cousin an apoligetic smile. "I ate already, and i want to take care of Mina." Eunjo nodded his head, as though he understood, and closed the door behind him, leaving Baekhyun to be with Mina alone.

Baekhyun's white long fingers traced over Mina's scrateched cheek and he stoked it multiple times. "I'm sorry For this Mina..." He whispered softly while looking at her, "I promised i wouldn't let you get hurt again and look what happens." Baekhyun smiled remembering the past memories with her, and his promise. He scooted closer to her and flipped the towel to the other side. 

Mina felt something cold touch her forhead and her eyebrows furrowed. Attempting to touch her forhead to see what it was, she only moved a few fingers. 

"Oh Mina." Baekhyun leaned forward and poked ehr cheek softly. "Yah, are you waking up?"

*That voice...* Mina swore she knew who it was, but she couldn't remember who. *Who is he?* Slowly she opened her eyes and blinked multiple times so she could get rid of the blurry eyesight. "Mina, are you feeling okay?" Mina heard the voice again and she turned to her right. Sitting next to her was a handome man (or boy)(or girl)(lol jk) looking at her with a worried expression. His lips were pouty and pink, his eyes were small but warm, and his hair was blondish-brown. Mina furrowef her eyebrows even more. Baekhyun noticed.

"It's me Baekhyun,' He said, knowing why her face looked confused. Mina gasped and suddenly had the energy to sit up and hug him tightly. Baekhyun chuckled and rubbed her back in soothing circles. He could feel her shaking and he knew well that she was crying. Baekhyun pulled back and saw Mina with her eyes closed and tears streaming down her eyes. The sight of it ruined his heart. Mina doesn't like the cry, she doesn't ever cry, so why was she crying now.

"Don't cry Mina, jaebal," Baekhyun whispered softly as he wiped her tears. Mina, with a shakey hand, reached up to her face and took the breathing mask off of her. Baekhyun gasped. "Are you crazy?! Put that back on!" Mina shook her head furiously and disconnected the Iv tube that was in her arm aside. "Mina, stop it now." Baekhyun grabbed the Iv and mask. "You need these to make you feel better-OH!" Mina threw herself over Baekhyun again and stayed in his arms silently. Baekhyun sighed and put the things down on her desk. He encircled his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.

"I don't know what happened today, but i do know that i wasn't able to keep my promise. I don't know if you remember it or not, but it doesn't matter as long as i do." He whispered softly into her ear. Mina nodded a little.

"Don't...pull...back..." She mustered to say. "I don't...want....see...me cry" If there was nyone Mina could be truly happy with other than Sunha, it had to be Baekhyun. He knew her problems, he knew her past better than her, he knew how to make her day 100x's better. And to think that she couldn't remember his face made her feel guilty.

Slowly, Baekhyun lay down on Mina's bed with her still in his arms and he got under the covers with her aswell. "Mina, ou need to rest and get better so we can talk," He said as he ran his fingers through her soft brown hair. "I haven't seen you in so long and i probably won't for a while, so rest well so we can talk soon....arraso?" Mina nodded her head slowly and felt her eyes getting droopy. Baekhyun sang a soft song that Mina hasn't heard of before, and watched as the angel in his arms fell asleep. This was yet another moment he will treasure in his life.

 

Baekhyun slipped out of bed and walked downstairs after being with Mina for a while. He didn't want to leave her, but he had some serious things to discuss with his aunt and uncle. Baekhyun entered the kitchen and took a seat in the dining table with Mrs and Mr. Park. They were talking in hushed whispered and noticed silently when Baekhyun came in.

"Baekhyun ah..." Mrs. Park reached out and took his hand in hers. "I am so sorry for that. You wanted to come over to rest and instead you had to get stressed over this...mianhae." Mrs. Park broke into a sob and baekhyun comforted her. "It's alright auntie, it's not your fault." She wiped the tears of her face and took in a shakey breath.

"I won't cry anymore..." She said slowly. Mr. Park patted her back. "Let's move Sunha and Mina to another school where they'll be safer, a private school, yeah?" He offerred. Mrs. Park looked up at her husband. 

"And have Sunha be humiliated because of her horrible acedemic scores?!" She snapped. Baekhyun winced at her sharp tone but Mr. Park didn't seem phased.

"Yes, she'll pick up her grades sooner or later. She is my daughter afterall." Mrs Park rolled her eyes at his "stupid" remark and sighed dramatically, as though all hope was lost. Baekhyun snapped his fingers as an idea popped into his head.

"I have two dongsaengs that go to a private music school," He told them, Both heads turned his direction to see where he was going. "And the school isn't all acedemics but revolves around music, something Mina and Sunha are really fond of. My dongsaengs are seniors as well, so they can probably be in classes toether and take care of them"

"What school is it?" Mrs.Park asked curiously, likeing the idea of SUnha and Mina probably making friends with aekhyun's dongsaengs, for once in their life. Baekhyun told them the name. "Hey i have a friend who works there!" Mrs. Park said in excitement, she looked over and Mr, Park. "Jinyoungie works as the director of the school!"

Mr. Park huffed and grumbled something under his breath. Baekhyun swore he heard "I hate that man" leave his uncle in-law's lips. Mrs. Park heard it too and she put a comforting hand on her husband's arm. "Honey, there's nothing for you to worry about Jinyoung anymore." Mr Park smiled at his wife and nodded at Baekhyun.

"We'll enroll them right away." He told Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled and mentally jumped in victory. Now he could really take care of Mina better with his dongsaengs being around her. "I'll go enroll them online now and take them out of their current school," Mrs. Park said as she stood up from her chair. "Wait don't they have to audition to get it?" She asked Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun nodded slowly *oh crap i didn't think of that* .As far as he knew, the school wasn't having any audition dates any time soon. Mrs. Park chuckled seeing his worried expression.

"Don't worry, i'll talk to Jinyoung about it, he'll probably let them off." She said as she patted Baekhyun's head playfully. "I'll go now." Again, Mr. Park grumbled something under his breath, and to Baekhyun it sounded like cursing. Gulping, Baekhyun left the dinig room and walked back up the stairs, and entered Mina's bedroom.

He wasn't going to ask if he could sleep there for the night, he already knew they wouldn't let him. But Baekhyun could always take a nap with her. Again, Baekhyun got into the covers and wrapped Mina's arms around his waist, and his arms around hers. Pecking her on the forhead, he thought happily to himself. *I'll do anything for you Mina*

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Another chapter hehe. This was more recent than the other ones, no? Aish molla. I typed half of this at school YAY HURRAY! And school's almost over! okay goodbye now.