Are My Charms That Impressive?

Wait a Little Longer

 

 

 

“Omo, yeobo get the camera!” Mrs. Park squealed in delight as Mina and Sunha stood side by side in their new uniforms. Sunha was very giddy and excited while Mina just stood emotionless with a backpack in her hand.

Mina got a bit better, she wasn’t as sick as before. She had insisted on going to school and not missing out another day. The Park’s had no choice but to let her.

Mr. Park came down the stairs with his work tie on and a camera in his hands. He flashed a smile. “Are you guys ready?” Sunha nodded excitedly while Mina looked away, ignoring everyone and everything. Mr. Park put the camera up to his eyes and he adjusted the lens.

“Mina look this way.” Mina gave the camera a glare as the flash irritated her eyes. The parents both looked into the picture and smiled. “It came out lovely.” They lied. Mina rolled her eyes and walked out the door after Sunha who was practically skipping to her car.

“Do you think she’ll ever change?” Mr. Park asked his wife while shuddering at the picture. He had to admit, Mina’s glare looked intense. And the camera’s flash in her eye didn’t make things any better.

Mrs. Park sighed and shrugged. “One day she will. Neither of her parents were like that when we were younger.” She pointed out. Mr. Park nodded and bent down to give his wife an innocent kiss on the cheek. “I’ll be back later tonight. Take care.” He walked over to his car and drove off. Mrs. Park walked out the house, to her van where Mina, Sunha, and Eunjo were patiently waiting and then soon drove off.

“I heard Baekhyun has some friends that go there. I wonder if they’re good looking.” Sunha wondered out loud, practically drooling at the thought. Eunjo scowled.

“Is that all you ever think about?” He whined. Mina sighed at the two bickering and looked out the window.

*What if I don’t fit in…* She thought to herself. *The people going to this school must be pretty like the idols out there so I might be bullied for being ugly again* Mina couldn’t help but think of only negative things as they went off to the new campus. It began to snow lightly.

 

“I hate hyung for doing this.” Sehun grumbled as he took a scarf out of his backpack and wrapped it around his neck. It started to snow a little and the cold was beginning to irritate him.

Kai stuffed his frozen hands into his pocket and buried the bottom of his face into his scarf as well. “Stop complaining Oh Sehun. It’s like you never have anything pleasant to say”

Sehun stock his tongue out and rolled his eyes. More and more people were entering the school gates in a hurry due to the cold weather, and then there was him, standing outside with bored and freezing.

“Hyung said they would be here early but it’s almost time for the bell to ring. And what exactly are we going to do with them, be their escorts?”

Kai cursed under his breath. “That’s what Baekhyun hyung said didn’t he? Take care of them and be their escorts. Now are you going to shut up or keep complaining?” Kai turned to see Sehun just in time to witness the younger roll his eyes.

“Did you just roll your eyes Sehun ah?” Sehun gave Kai a sneaky glance before he started to walk away.

“I’m ditching hyung. See you later-AHHHHH!” Sehun let out a high pitched scream as a black van stopped right in front of him, making him feel as though he were taking his last breaths at that very moment.

“Are you crazy?! Watch where you’re driving!” Sehun yelled at the car as the doors opened and figures walked out of there. “Ahjummah, you almost crashed into me!”

Mrs. Park took walked out of the car and gave Sehun one long look. “Exactly who are you calling an Ahjummah young boy?” She walked up to him and flicked his forehead making him scrunch up his face. “Watch your tone of voice as well.”

“I’m sorry for my member’s behavior” Kai came up to them and bowed at Mrs. Park. She smiled and nodded her head at him. “You are a handsome and polite young man. Thank you.” Mrs. Park turned back and yelled. “Mina! Sunha! Eunjo! Get out of the car now!”

Sehun and Kai both watched with curiosity as two beautiful girls with two completely different auras stepped out of the van. One having a face that was literary glowing and the other one looking like a cold beauty.

Mina and Sunha stood side by side along with Eunjo and stared at the males in front of them. Sunha was the first to recognize them.

“These guys look familiar….” She said wondering out loud. Sehun his lips enjoying the way her sweet voice reached his ears. Something inside of him yearned for her to say his name, he wanted to know how much sweeter his name would sound coming from her lips.

Mina held eye contact with the ground. “They’re from Baekhyun’s group.” Mina’s bored, icy voice shocked both Kai and Sehun. Mina looked up to see their reactions just in time. Kai and Sehun both gave each other awkward glances. Sehun bowed his head and kept his hands behind his back, whereas Kai scratched the back of his neck nervously and let his eyes wander somewhere else.

Mina figured they would. Mrs. Park looked over at Mina and gave her a reassuring smile, and jerked her head toward the two boys.

*This woman can’t possibly expect me to smile at these judgeful people* Mina thought. Mrs. Park now changed her facial expression and was glaring at Mina, urging her to change her ways. It was amazing how loud her eyes were speaking but yet nobody seemed to notice them.

Mina looked away from her guardian and looked at the two boys. She coughed to catch their attention. They sent a glance at her at the same time and Mina made sure to smile at them.

*I hate my life* She though ruefully. Smiling shyly and intertwining her fingers together she spoke. “So, what are your names again?” She asked flirtatiously, not even knowing if she sounded convincing or not.

Mrs. Park stifled a laugh and Sunha looked at Mona surprisingly. Eunjo looked at her funnily as well. He never thought she would look pretty, smiling shyly like that, but then again, all Mina did was stare, glare, and smirk. Eunjo shook his head a million times; he could never tell anyone that he found Mina attractive just for one second. It would ruin his annoying little brother reputation.

Kai’s eyes widened and Sehun’s breathing hitched. So that whole time she was acting all cool was just an act? Sehun was beginning to think he like her better than he liked the other one(Sunha).

“K-Kim Jongin…but my stage name is Kai” Kai spoke up first. He found her voice alluring yet so demanding. When she asked for their name he immediately answered. Before. It would take him minutes to decide whether he wanted to tell the person his name or not.

Kai nudged Sehun in the shoulder and Sehun woke up from his daze and spoke up. “My name is Sehun. Oh Sehun.” Mina grinned once both of them said their names, making Mrs. Park feel like she will die from holding in her laughter, Sunha kick the snow on the ground for her eonni being cuter than her, and Eunjo to blush deeply, shaking his head, trying to get rid of his thoughts for Mina.

“Those are cool names, Kai and Sehun.” Mina repeated. “My name is Park Mina.” Mina pointed to herself. “And this here is…” Mina pinched Sunha’s side making Sunha look up and smile awkwardly.

“My name is Park Sunha.” Sunha said shyly. This was her dream; becoming friends with an idol. She couldn’t have been happier….well she would’ve, if the cute guys were paying attention to her and not her dearest Mina…..or if Mina could stop acting like a total girl and act like herself…now!

Sehun made sure to keep that name in check. *Park Sunha*

“Hello boys. My name is Park Eunji. And these are my children.” Mrs. Park put a on Eunjo’s small shoulders and looked over at Mina and Sunha. “I trust you guys to take care of my daughters well…and do not let anything bad happen to them. Do you understand?” Mrs. Park let her charismatic eyes take charge now and she looked at both Kai and Sehun straight in the eye, but with a smile on her face so she wouldn’t look too harsh.

Kai nodded eagerly and Sehun nodded as well. “I won’t let anything bad happen to them.” Sehun said while looking at Sunha who was kicking at the snow again. Sehun absentmindedly let a smile spread across his face while he looked at her petite figure move around and her hair bounce with every movement she did.

Mrs. Park clapped her hands. “Okay then, I leave them in your care.” Mrs. Park ushered Eunjo into the van and gave both Mina and Sunha hugs before she left.

“Great show you put on.” Mrs. Park whispered into Mina’s ears, receiving an annoyed grunt from her. Mrs. Park smiled widely. “Bye kids~!” She said cheerfully while driving away.

Mina waited until her “mother” was out of the parking lot. When the car was gone Mina turned around to face the two boys and surprised them as her face had gone back to its usual, cold, bored mode.

“Where’s the school office?” Mina said. Kai pointed to the building up ahead. “It’s the first floor, but towards the back of the building. Come with me and I’ll-“

“No” Mina grabbed Sunha’s arms and dragged her to the school’s front gates. She couldn’t last long, since all the movement was still too much for her body to handle. Mina stopped in her tracks and took a deep breath. *You can do this Mina… ignore the sickness* Mina took a step forward but couldn’t move anymore.

“Sunha…” Mina said while closing her eyes and crouching down. “I feel tired…” Mina told her.

Sunha gasped and looked around nervously. “Eonni you can’t be worn out now, we just barely got out of the car!” Sunha yelled freaking out. Mina nodded slowly.

Without warning, a foreign hand touched her shoulder. Mina looked up to see Kai there, with the innocent face. “Hyung told me you were sick…. And your mom wants us to take care of you. I gave my word to them as well.” Mina glared up at him.

“They’re not in charge of my life.” She said as she stood up on her own and shrugged Kai’s hand off her shoulders. “And I don’t need to feel more pitiful than what I already am.” Mina looked at Sunha and Sehun who were standing side by side. Well, it looked as though Sehun was leaning her way to be honest…. And Sunha leaning away from him.

Mina rolled her eyes and jerked her head to the office building. “Come on Sunha let’s go.” Sunha nodded and linked her arms with her best friends arm. Together, the two walked away, Mina stopped a few times but they made it to the office alright.

“Isn’t she cute?” Sehun asked while looking at Sunha’s disappearing back. She yet hasn’t talked to him, but he was willing to have a conversation with her, even if he was the one that had to initiate it.

Kai looked at Mina’s figure and sighed. He only wanted to be nice, but he guessed that Mina didn’t want people around her… she was pretty closed off. “I guess we’ll have to watch them from afar… I couldn’t care less. It’s not like Baekhyun will know whether we were with them or not.”

Sehun smirked and chuckled. He was going to make sure they had their eyes on them, no matter what. Many guys would want a girl like Sunha, and Sehun was going to make sure not to let this one get away so easily.

The ringing of the bell caught them both off guard and they both rushed inside, speed walking to their classrooms before they can be marked tardy or late

 

“Sunha shut up, classes have already started.” Mina hushed Sunha to be quiet as they entered the building where their classes were supposedly at. They just got out of the guidance office and were given their schedules. Mina and Sunha only had a few classes together, but the majority of their classes were very different.

“But eonni~! This is so exciting and…. Gahhh!!!” Sunha bounced up and down, earning a smack from Mina on the back of the head.

“You be quiet before I hurt you for real.” Mina glared at Sunha who was rubbing the top of her head sadly since the hit that Mina gave her really hurt.

“Eonnie I just realized something.” Sunha said as they reached the staircase in front of them. “Since our first class seems to have a 3 in front of it…does that mean we’ll be on the third floor?” Sunha asked curiously.

Mina felt her stomache flop a million times at the thought of going up the stairs and then coming back down for several occasions.

“I think you’re right.”  Mina said slowly. Taking deep breaths, she put a hand on the railing and began walking quickly up the stairs. At a normal pace but no one will ever know how much effort she had to put into it.

When they reached the last floor (the third floor), Mina felt like hurling herself at a cliff, and to meet with her parents up in heaven sooner than she expected.

“Our room’s over there Eonni!” Sunha said excitingly, pointing towards the end of the corridor.” Mina let out a groan.

The classroom would be down the end of the hallway wouldn’t it?! Mina dragged her feet towards the classroom door and Sunha happily knocked on it.

 

“Can I have your autograph later?” A student yelled out for their substitute to hear. The sub twirled around after writing his name on the chalkboard.

“If you do well today I’ll autograph anything you want me too.” The sub winked and all the girls squaled and covered their red faces. The guys made hooting noises.

“Shush it, I think I heard someone knock on the door.” Students watched as their teacher walked over to the door of the room and slide it open.

“Hello?”

“KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2,459 words for all of you lovely subbies! Srry for not updating hehe. Have a great fourth of July everyone... AND DO NOT SET YOUR HOUSES ON FIAH!Love you~