Happy Birthday:)

Wait a Little Longer

 

BRRINNNGG BRINGGGGG

Mina grunted as she barely lifted her head from her fluffy pillow. Her eyes opened a little and she looked at the Winni the pooh alarm clock.

6:05 AM

Mina stared at the clock for a while, trying hard to remember why the alarm was se so early. There was no school today, so why is she awake.

Mina growled. Was Eunjo trying to prank her again? Did she have to go grocery shopping today? Or maybe…

Mina growled as last night’s memory flashed through her mind.

 

Flashback

 

Mina got out of the shower and walked into Sunha’s room. Sunha looked up from her homework and stared at her friend.

“I’m a little busy right now” Sunha snapped.

“And I don’t really care “ Mina retorted. She took out a piece of crumpled up paper. “Why did you do this? These types of things cost money you know?” She asked Sunha, waving the piece of paper in the air as she spoke.

It was a ticket for a fan signing event. Kim Hyun Joong’s fan signing event, How could somebody just throw something like this away?! Sunha was definitely a nutcase for doing so.

“Mommy said I can’t go…” Sunha said as she twirled the pencil through her fingers. “Grandma is going to take me out tomorrow for a birthday present so I can’t go.”

Mina looked at her friend’s depressed state. She shouldn’t be so depressed, she thought, her family isn’t going to be alive forever…and at least they love her enough to want to spend time with her. Mina scowled at the memory of her aunts and uncles not wanting anything to do with her after her parent’s death.

“But did you have to throw it away?” Mina asked her as she sat on Sunha’s desk. Sunha furrowed her eyebrows at the hard English question in her workbook.

“It was either throw it away or give it to someone else,” Sunha said.  A sudden grin appeared on her face. “I rather throw it away that to give somebody else a chance to see my hubby! Owwie owwie! What the hell was that for?!” Sunha yelled as she rubbed the top of her head.

Mina scoffed, “That was for you being selfish you brat!” She snapped at her friend and placed the book she used to hit Sunha’s head down. “I’ll be leaving now.” She said as she turned to leave Sunha’s bedroom.

“Wait Eonni! Don’t go! I need help with this question eonni! KAJIMA!” Sunha yelled at the top of her lungs. Mina laughed at her best friends stupidity problems. But she had better things to do, like find out how she was going to go to the fan sign without letting Sunha know about it.

 

Back to Reality

 

Mina lazily sat up on the edge of her bed and let out a heavy sigh. She felt so tired…as usual. She slowly reached out for the water bottle on her drawer and took a big gulp of it. She started to feel a bit better after doing so. She quickly went to the restroom to brush her teeth and face, then re-entered her room again when done.

Mina got up and walked to her closet picking out an oversize multi colored sweater, light blue faded jeans, and a pair of light brown Toms to top it off. She looked at herself in the mirror and questioned herself.

“You don’t look very pretty Mina,” She told herself. She had to hide her bruises under her long sleeves and scratches on her knees and legs. She hated doing so, but then again, she hated dressing up cutely like Sunha also. Mina sighed again and reached out for her brush and quickly brushed her hair. It was still a bit messy so she put on a hat.

Satisfied with how she finally looked, Mina grabbed her phone, wallet, and ticket. She closed the door to her room and walked into Sunha’s room.

She didn’t care about barging into it because...well Sunha was a deep sleeper. During an Earthquake she wouldn’t even wake up, so barging in was no big deal.

Mina’s eyes searched the room and she finally found what she was looking for. Kim Hyun Joong’s poster. She walked up to the rolled up poster and looked inside to check if was the right one. It was, so she walked out as easily as she came in.

“Where are you going?” A small voice asked. Mina turned around to see small little Eunjo looking up at her. He looked like an angel at the moment, but Mina knew better than to not judge this book by its cover.

“Out.” Mina replied simply while flipping her hair behind her back and then pointing to Eunjo’s bedroom door. “And you’ll be going back to your room.” She said sternly. Eunjo smirked, something that Mina hated.

“You can’t tell me what to do.” He replied cockily. Mina rolled her eyes.

“No but your mother behind you can.” Mina replied while smiling.

Eunjo gulped and turned around with his head down, thinking that his mom was there to reprimand him. “I’m sorry mommy for waking up and giving Noona an attitude.” He begun to apologize. Mina rolled her eyes and hurried down the stairs.

Eunjo was still looking down but then noticed something, his mother hasn’t scolded him yet. “Huh?” Eunjo looked up only to see that there was no body there.

“Hey no fair! You tricked me!” Eunjo yelled while running down the stairs and into Mina. “You can’t trick me like that!” He pointed a finger at Mina who was already at the door. She smiled and waved.

“Anyeong! Mrs. Park.” Mina said cheerfully. ”I’ll be going out now.”

“Don’t give me that crap.” Eunjo said rudely. He was tricked once, he wasn’t going to fall for it again.

“Don’t give you what Eunjo ah?” A stern and annoyed voice said behind Eunjo’s small body. Eunjo tensed as he recognized that voice very well.

“Eo-eomma?” He stuttered as he turned to his mother, she wasn't behind him before. She had both hands on her hips and a very annoyed face. Mina stuck her tongue out at Eunjo and left the house, laughing to herself.

She always won when it was Mina vs. Eunjo. She heard yells from the sidewalk and already knew that Eunjo was getting what he deserved. A small chuckle left her lips.

Even if her own family didn’t want her, the Parks did, and she was really happy with them. They were her family, and she didn’t need anyone else.

Mina patted her pocket to make sure her wallet was there and it was. She let out a sigh of relief and made her way to the nearest bus stop.

Once she reached it she took a seat on the empty bus and checked the time on her phone.

6:40 AM

The bus should be here in about five minutes, she thought to herself. Mina grew aware of an old lady who sat next to her.

“It’s a beautiful morning isn’t it?” She croaked. Mina looked at her with wide eyes and nodded slowly. This person was actually talking to her? Mina started to get suspicious.

“What are you doing up this early young lady?” the old lady said again. Mina gulped. Should she answer or just keep quiet.

“Uhmm.." Mina didn't know how to respond back.

“She’s with me.” A voice said. Mina looked up to the voice’s owner. It was a man. He was tall, and had well shaped nose. His hair was wavy and short and he had a pretty smile.

Mina scrunched her face up at him. Why did he look so familiar? Mina shook her head  unconsciously, a habit she had whenever she wanted to stop thinking. “I don’t know you sir.” She replied coldly. His smile only got wider.

“I guess people can’t take jokes anymore.” He replied. Mina flushed. So what if she couldn’t take a joke, her life not his.The bus came right at that moment. It stopped and the old lady tried to get up.

The handsome man rushed to her side and helped her up carefully.“Careful now.” He cooed as the lady got on her feet. She looked up at him and smiled.

“What a nice young man you are.” She beamed. Mina rolled her eyes, catching the old lady’s attention. The old lady scoffed.

“Excuse me young miss.” She huffed and waddled past Mina and onto the bus. Mina bit her lip and walked a good distance behind the old lady.

“Bus pass.” The bus driver said lazily. Mina fished out her wallet and took out her pass, flashing it at the bus pass scanner. She furrowed her eyebrows when the scan didn’t read. She did again, and it still didn’t read.

Mina flipped the card and saw that it was her train pass. Mina frantically looked through her wallet and tried to find the bus pass.

“Look miss, I have a schedule to go by. You either pay or get off.” The bus driver said. Mina grunted.

“I’ll take my leave.” Mina muttered and turned to leave, but a strong pair of arms held her by the shoulders and turned her back around.

“I’ll pay for her don’t worry sir.” The handsome guy from earlier said. Before Mina could argue he paid the bus driver and walked to an empty seat in the back. Mina walked slowly to one of the empty seats.

The bus driver was already annoyed with his delayed schedule so he started the bus, causing her to jerk violently to the side.

Mina yelped as she almost fell, but grabbed a hold of one of the poles. She turned back to give the bus driver a glare.

Mina looked back at the seats and saw that the only empty seat left was that one next to the creeper(the man who paid for her) and the one next to the old grandma. She wasn’t going to sit in neither of them, so Mina stayed standing the whole ride.

When it was finally her stop Mina sighed and rushed off the bus not wanting to be inside the bus anymore. She looked around and say all these buildings around. She finally made it to one of the busy parts of the city.

A bunch of girls were giggling and rushing all in one direction, all with posters and what not. Mina shrugged and followed them, knowing that she had to go in the same direction as they.

Mina gulped as she got a glimpse of the long line before her. So many people just for one person? Mina rolled her eyes. This wasn’t exactly the ideal morning she wanted.

 

An hour passed and Mina was starting to get drowsy. She hadn’t her big breakfast as usual, nor had she drank anything but a gulp of her water bottle. Bad mistake.

Mina slapped herself softly on the cheek trying to keep herself awake. I didn’t even take my meds, she thought to herself. Another yawn escaped her lips.

“Are you seriously sleepy?” A girl standing in front of her asked. “Or are you just trying to act cool to attract oppa’s attention?” Many heads turned around looking at Mina and her interrogator.

Mina forced a smile, “I was too excited to sleep.” She lied. Everyone turned back around and her interrogator nodded, as though Mina just answered correctly.

“That’s understandable.” She said simply. Mina ignored her and sighed.

Finally the line shortened and she was on stage ready to receive the star's signing.

“Anyoenghaseyo.” Mina said and she bowed a 90 degree angle, only to bang her head with the table in front of her, separating her from the star of the day.

“Oww…” She muttered as she rubbed her forehead.

“Are you okay?” A familiar voice said…too familiar.

Mina’s eyes widened as she noticed the guy from earlier sitting on the other end of the table. Wait a minute… Mina thought to herself. She quickly opened the rolled up poster and compared the both faces in front of her.

They looked exactly the SAME!

I think I’m hallucinating. She thought to herself. KHJ grabbed the poster and signed his name.

“To whom do I sign this to?” He asked while smiling at her. At this moment, Mina was beginning to think she only imagined what happened earlier, because he showed no signs of knowing/meeting with her before.

Mina shook her head, getting rid of her thoughts.

“Park Sunha, and write a happy birthday note for her.” Mina said as she crossed her arms over her chest. Hyun Joong chuckled.

“Arasso.” He said simply and wrote a long message on the poster. When he finished it, he rolled it up and handed it back to Mina. Mina took it and bowed once again. She cursed as her head contacted with the stupid table once again.

Hyun Joong chuckled. He stood up to massage Mina’s forehead.  “Can’t take a joke, rude , and clumsy.” He whispered, making sure that Mina heard him.

Her eyes widened at his touch but mostly at his words. This bastard, Mina thought. She glared at him and he smiled endearingly at her. A loud noise was heard and they both looked to where it came.

Fan’s gathered on the stage and started banging their heads on the table, begging for Hyun Joong to massage their heads as well.

Mina’s eyes widened once again. Were fans really this crazy?! Mina didn’t give it a second thought and she rushed out of the fan sign event.

 

“Who’s present is this from?” Sunha asked as she took a look at the big wrapped up…thing. Mina smiled.

“That one is from Mina.” Mr. Park answered her. Sunha smiled and quickly ripped off the wrapping paper. A big fluffy Rillakuma greeted her with open arms and she hugged it tightly like a little kid.

“Mina thank you~!” She yelled. Mina rolled her eyes and walked up to her.

“This one is from Kim Hyun Joong.” Mina said as she handed her a rolled up poster. Everyone present laughed and Sunha raised a brow.

“Ey eonni! Don’t tease.” Sunha said as she unrolled the poster. “You would never go get a- OH MAI GOD!” Mina grinned as Sunha’s face went from happiness to pure shock.

“YOU GOT ME HIS SIGN!? OMOMOMOMO!” Sunha jumped up and down and all of Sunha’s girl cousin’s gathered around to see if the sign was real.

“It’s real guys.” Mina assured them. Sunha pounced on Mina and gave her a bear hug.

“Omo Eonnie you are the best.” Sunha squealed. Mina patted her back.

“Yeah I know.” She replied.

“Next year can you get me SHINee’s?” Sunha asked innocently. Mina pulled away from the hug.

“Don’t even think about it.” Mina glowered. Though secretly, inside, she knew very well, that she would do anything for Sunha.

Yup, she was a er for her best friend.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long time no see. Sorry for not updating earlier all those who actually read this fanfic:( Just didn't have the time (and i was also doing other writings). But as of yesterday i made a promise to myelf. 15 promises on my 15th birthday hehehe. So yeah i hope you enjoy and i'll probably double update. I hope the action starts taking place soon....hehehe

Oh and i didn't edit this, so sorry if it's filled with mistakes. And sorry for the LOONGGGG update...but don't we all want long updates? except i feel like this one wasn't really good... oh well