You AGAIN?

Wait a Little Longer

“Do you think our teacher will be nice?” Sunha asked before she knocked on the door. “Just hurry up and knock!” Mina urged. They were already late to class, and on their first day too.

“You’re no fun…” Sunha pouted and knocked on the door at the same time as students inside were squealing and hooting.” Mina didn’t know why but she felt something strange was going on.

Classes weren’t supposed to be filled with students hooting and squealing for their teachers. Unless he did something that was worth it.

“Hello?” A tall man with short brown hair that was swept up into a Mohawk, opened the door and smiled while holding the glass sliding doors open.

Mina wished that for one second, she was in China. Or at least that Sunha warned her one second before Sunha decided to let out an ear splitting scream that scared the out of Mina, The teacher, and the students.

“KYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“!”

“Are you okay?”

 Mina and teacher shared a glance and Mina quickly recognized him.

“You’re the guy!” Mina exclaimed pointing at him. The teacher was pointing at her as well.

“You’re the girl I pretended to be da-“

“Don’t say it!” Mina cut him off and pushed a hyperventilating Sunha into the classroom with all her might and embarrassment over her shoulders. The teacher chuckled as he closed the door shut and walked up to the front of the classroom.

The class was quiet as all the students stood up to get a good look at the girl who screamed and her friend who pushed her in.

“The director informed me of this. We have two new students today. Please welcome them openly and nicely. Your names?”

Mina glared at him and remembering that he wished to have her name before. The teacher smirked and sent a wink at her, making Mina want to throw up.

“Park Mina and This is Park Sunha, please take care of us!” They Mina bowed and had to put a hand on the back of Sunha’s neck to make her bow as well. Sunha let out a yelp as she began to face the floor.

“Park Mina…” The teacher mumbled. He pointed to the board. “My name is Kim Hyunjoong. I’m substituting for the week so I hope we get along and although your teacher isn’t here, you may treat me with the same respect you would give him.”

Mina grumbled something under her breath. Why did he have to look at her while he spoke? Why didn’t he speak to Sunha instead? Heck, why was he even here?!

“You can sit in the empty seats over there.” Hyunjoong pointed to the seats in the back of the room and Mina pulled Sunha along to the back.

Mina felt uncomfortable as male and female sent her and Sunha weird looks. Some males didn’t even look at her face, but her legs that were being revealed in the schools’ short skirts. Sunha was still in a horrendous daze and didn’t seem like she would snap out of it soon.

Once the two sat down (Mina had to push Sunha down into her seat), Hyunjoong began to talk.

“So I heard there is test on the end of the week based on emotion. How well you sing the song or how much talent you have while singing won’t be on the grades. What this test is on is based on emotion, and emotion is the only thing I want to hear. You guys know how to express your emotions right?”

The class nodded, surprising Hyunjoong. “Oh really… okay then, why don’t I have two of you come up here and demonstrate?” Everyone kept their hands down not wanting to volunteer. Mina lost interest in the whole class since it wasn’t every “educational” in her eyes and she began looking out the window.

“Park Mina?” Mina looked away from the window and slowly turned to see him. “Yeah?” She answered back coolly, surprising the students. For a new girl she was very…comfortable?

“Come up here and express yourself through a song.” Hyunjoong told her. “And you didn’t even have an audition to get into this school so I’m guessing that you must be really good at the arts.” Mina grumbled and stood up, slowly walking up to the classroom.

“Bring your friend up here too.” Hyunjoong added after Mina already made it halfway up to the front of the room. Mina sent him a glare as he chuckled to himself.

“Wake up Sunha!” Mina grumbled as she snapped her fingers in front of Sunha’s face.

Sunha yelped and was dragged up to the front of the room along with Mina. “What are we doing?” Sunha whispered into Mina’s ear as Hyunjoong went through his laptop, looking for a song to play. Mina answered back; “He wants us to sing” Sunha let her lips form into “o” and nodded her head repeatedly. She then, along with all the other girls in the classroom, stared dreamily and Kim Hyunjoong’s figure.

“Alright, give me the song you want to sing.”

“Rain Sound!” Sunha immediately said, without discussing with Mina.

Mina glared at Sunha, “What song is that?!” Mina whispered urgently. The song began to play and Mina recognized it. “Never mind, I know this one.”

It was one of Sunha’s currently ‘must plays’. It’s in the car, on her ipod, on her laptop. Sunha’s always practicing the raps and singing parts to it, making Mina unconsciously hum it and sing it every now and then.

When the part to sing came, Mina cleared her voice and stopped everyone’s hearts with her deep passionate voice that isn’t normal for a Korean girl to have. Sunha already blew everyone away when she started off the song with a rap. When the second rap came out Sunha went all at it.

People could only drop their jaws in astonishment, in a daze. Two petite small girls, the new students, blew them away with such harmony and balance. No wonder they didn’t have to audition!

Even Hyunjoong had to stop himself from smiling too much, but it was impossible. As soon as they started off the first note, that handsome smile of his appeared widely on his lips.

When Mina and Sunha finished, the class went into cheering and clapping and so did the teacher himself.

“Alright don’t get too out of hand. Guys, that was completely mind blowing.” Hyunjoong said with a smile and Sunha beamed at him. Her idol just called her mind blowing. Was she dreaming? Was she about to wake up soon? Curious, Sunha pinched her cheek lightly and saw that this “dream” didn’t disappear. If possible, she smiled even wider and became even more giddier.

“Sunha ssi, the emotions you projected were amazing. And your rapping skills are amazing.” Hyunjoong complimented. “Mina ssi, you’re a great singer. By far, one of the best I have ever heard, especially live. However, the only emotions I was getting out of you was ‘I don’t want to sing, I want to go back to my desk, why am I even here’.”

Mina bit the inside of her cheek. Well no duh Mr. Obvious. Glaring at the ground Mina grumbled. “I’ll do better next time” Hyunjoong smiled and put a hand on her shoulder, But Mina shrugged it off. “You can both go back to your seats.” Mina dragged her feet to her desk, ignoring yet another round of stares and Sunha followed closely behind, loving the attention she was receiving.

“Okay, I can’t teach you about emotions but I can show you a little about expressing them…” Mina toned out Hyunjoong voice as she stared out the window once again, thinking deeply to herself.

 

Mina’s POV                                          

 

New seat, new classroom, new school, and new memories…too many new things in my loife but would they even be better than the old ones? People say to move on with life, and start a new chapter…I tried, but it just doesn’t work as planned.

There’s always going to be someone who doesn’t like you for you, and that someone may end up having most of the people they know idolizing their very presence.

I turned to look around the room. They laughed and sang and pointed at each other jokingly. Letting out a sigh, I looked back out the window and looked at the view of the school yard. There was somebody there, standing alone. The picture seemed all too familiar…something tells me that if it wasn’t for Sunha, that would’ve been me.

I looked over at my best friend who was talking animatedly with a girl who sat in front of us. She giggled and they both fell into a fit of laughter., I don’t know why, but my heart felt as though someone tugged at it.

Sunha turned around to me and smiled. I smiled back at her and looked back out my window. The person that was there wasn’t there anymore. Weird.

 

Narrator’s POV

“Class is over. Go over to your next classes.” The sub yelled. Many students (mostly girl ones) walked up to the star and asked him to sign their notebooks and backpacks.

Kin Hyunjoong generously signed them all and waved the girls good bye. He caught a glance at Mina who was being helped by Sunha to stand. Smirking, he walked over to them and put a hand on Mina’s shoulder.

“Is everything alright Mina ssi?” Mina looked up at him and glared. She shrugged his warm hand off and looked up at Sunha who had the face of a fish and stared dreamingly at the star in front of her.

Mina grumbled and decided to get up on her own since Sunha was too busy staring to help. Mina stood up and sighed as she strapped her backpack on. Grabbing Sunha’s arm, she bowed at the teacher. “Bye” And dragged Sunha out the class room with her.

Hyunjoong looked at the two and chuckled. “They’re an odd pair.” He muttered to himself. Tapping his fingers on Sunha’s desk he smiled to himself.

“Park Mina…” He told himself, smiling at the name. “Now I know her name.”