Chapter Eight

Sibling Story

 

Everything was fine, nothing seemed to disturb the peace and joy that reigned in the apartment. Unfortunately, everyone knows that nothing is forever, especially not happiness. Min, Taec, Junho and Chansung were in the living room, looking once more at the TV. Junsu, Wooyoung and Khun wer on a shoot in Busan. The big brunette and the boys were in a state that could be called larval until the sound of a ringing phone pulled them out of their torpor. Taec rose to take his phone and answered.

 

Taec – allo mum?

 

Min's eyes mechanically turned to her brother when she heard who was on the line. It was strange that their mother called while she already called the day before. Something happened there? She noticed that her brother was livid, he hardly answered, merely listening. She stood up and looked at him with a questioning look but the only response she had was his eyes full of sadness which began to let escape tears. It promised bad, really bad. Taec wasnt the type to cry for anything, far from it, much less in front of her. He would never do anything that might worry her. After a few minutes, which seemed like hours, he hung up and took Min in his arms, holding her tight against him.

 

Min – oppa... what happened?

Taec – Min-ah... dad is...

 

He didnt have the strength to finish his sentence and anyway, he didnt need to. The girl felt her legs tremble before her muscles let go completely, making her fall to the ground, her face still buried against Taecyeon's warm chest. Chan and Junho looked at each other. They didnt know what to do. The big brownish wanted to comfort his girlfriend but he didnt know what to say. And anyway, it was not him she needed at that moment, but her elder. They stayed entwined, saying nothing, crying all the tears that their bodies could produce. After two hours, the tall brunette fell asleep in Taec's arms, completely emptied of her forces by her tears. He lifted her gently, keeping her close to his body and after a last look of suffering to the two other boys, he took her into her room. He couldnt bring himself to let her sleep alone, and anyway he didnt want to be far away, not in a time like this. He lay down beside her, hugging her tight, burying his face in her hair to feel her presence all against him.

 

Chansung was in the kitchen, a bowl of rice just begun in front of him. He had hardly slept all night and he wasnt hungry. He suffered too. He was sad for Min and Taec and especially because he didnt know what to do. He was her man, he had to support her, to cheer her up, to make her smile. But how? When he saw her enter the room, eyes and cheeks red from crying strength, body trembling a little, his heart sank and his blood boiled round. He stood up and took her in his arms and she clung to him. They stayed a long time before she moved back a little, gently kissed him and whispered a small "thank you". He guided her to a chair and prepared her breakfast. Although she said she didnt feel hungry, she had to eat, she needed forces. She had to overcome everything.

In the evening, when the manager -who was in Busan with Junsu, Wooyoung and Khun- came home and heard the news, he immediately ordered Taec to take at least ten days of holiday and leave as soon as possible along his sister to Boston. They had to do their mourning. Of course, the manager was sorry for the member, but his role was to think about the group before or if Taec didnt recover from the loss of his father, it would be bad for their future performances. They prepared their luggages for the departure then went to bed. Min invited Chan into her room, taking advantage of her man before leaving, hoping he would just make her forget about the whole situation. Taec burrowed under the covers, retreating into a wall of silence. In another room, a young man was surprised to feel someone reach under his blankets, clinging gently against him.

 

JunHo – Woo?

Woo – mmm

JunHo – you didnt want to sleep alone in the saloon, huh?

Woo – sorry... everytime I bother you

JunHo – you're not bothering me... but you know... you dont have to wait to have an excuse to come

Woo – so you really dont mind?

JunHo – why would I?

Woo – well... when Taec said he wanted to kill us after he heard about Min and Chan... you didnt want me to sleep with you...

JunHo – idiot... its not like I could have say : yes, come to sleep with me, you cant imagine since how many time I dream about this!

Woo – you... dream about it?

JunHo – forget what I just said

Woo – what if I dont want to?

JunHo - ...

Woo – you'll have to assume what you said!

 

Before the young emperor could say anything, his eldest imprisoned his lips between his, kissing him languidly, lovingly. Junho grazed his fingers tenderly along Woo's jaw, down along his neck before going to caress his Adam's apple. He felt his fingers vibrate when his eldest moaned of satisfaction. Wooyoung took off his tank top and then caressed his bare chest, caressed his belly to feel the relief of his abs and slipped his hand under the waistband of his shorts and found a nest of pulsating heat. Junho arqued his back, uttering a groan. The left hand of the young emperor stood over his lover's one, pressing it against while his other hand was going on Woo's crotch, pressing lightly. They wasnt planning in being carried away by the wave of misfortune that had fallen on the house. Certainly, it was a little selfish on them but it was their way of protecting themselves from pain. Could they really be blamed for that?

 

...

 

When Taec and Min landed in Boston, they were greeted with eyes full of emotion and the weak and trembling body of their mother. They hugged her, showing her their support. She was happy to have them here again, she missed them even more now that her husband had died in a road accident. They spent the afternoon preparing the affairs of their mother because she had to spend some time with their grandparents, not bear to live in the huge empty house. They went to bed early, and the funeral ceremony was scheduled for the morning and early afternoon.

The ceremony seemed to last an eternity, straining the raw nerves of all family members who were present. Moreover, Taec and Min didnt know that so many people knew their father, there was really a lot of people. They cried a lot, especially because seeing their mother as helpless hurt them. They wanted to forget their sufferings, their sorrows, their problems, their tears, everything. The two young people used the only way they knew. They saluted one last time their family, kissed their mother and said they would sleep in their old house and then went to the nearest bar. It was not reasonable and most importantly, it would serve no purpose. The next day, their father would still be dead, their mother would probably still cry, but they didnt care. They wanted to forget, even if it was only time for one night. They drank more than their bodies seemed to bear. Their ideas were totally blurred, their actions were uncertain, sometimes more brutal than they wanted, sometimes soft, devoid of force. They took ages to successfully return home, their legs carrying them to their grief and laughter at rehearsals preventing them from breathing properly, to advance. They were in a sad state and were vaguely aware but they didnt care. Nothing mattered to them, not even the fans of 2PM they could cross. His reputation was Taecyeon's last concern. Everything seemed dull and dark around him, everything except his sister who dazzled. He was drunk and it seemed like it tenfold his feelings, no, his desires. He had always loved his sister, and not the way a brother would have done. He loved her with an unconditional love and limitless and although he tried to forget, he couldnt. Even when he was in Korea and she was still in Boston, she came back to haunt him in his dreams at night. That night, bathed in the light of the full moon, a smile hung on the lips, cheeks rosy by alcohol, she was even more irresistible than usual. When she fell limply on the bed in his room, his reason abandoned Taec. He lay down beside her, looking at her lovingly.

 

Taec – Min-ah~

Min – whats is it Yeonnie?

Taec – hey... what about forgeting everything ? And not only our problems but who we are too. We could act as if we were... just two human being who meet and comfort each other

Min – forget everything... even who we are... but then we wont be linked anymore...

Taec – not linked by the blood... but there's others way to be linked you know...

Min – you are completely drunk

Taec – I know *sighs*

Min – but I am too~~

 

She turned to the side and her arm fell limply on the chest of his elder. Their eyes met and. They knew they would regret in the morning, what they were doing- or rather, was about to happen- was unhealthy, but they were too drunk to care. They decided to forget everything so the consequences of their actions also went by the wayside for the moment.

 

...

 

The next morning, Min woke up with a wonderful hangover. Taec slept beside her, his mouth slightly open. She tried to rise as slowly as possible, trying not to accentuate her headhache but it was useless. Sudden nausea propelled her out of the bed, making her rush into the toilet. They really abused the night before. She would certainly have leftovers all day. -_-' She decided that a cold shower would do her the best as she slipped under the rain shower head, shivering in the icy touch on her burning skin. She tried to remember the evening but the vapors of alcohol were still too present for her memories to resurface. She sighed and went to the kitchen to prepare a strong coffee. She was leaning against the flat work, her cup in hand when suddenly the images of the day came back to her. She dropped the cup in surprise when she discovered what she had done. It was impossible! Even completely drunk she couldnt really have done that?! She couldnt have had with her brother!

 

Taec – are you okay ?

Min – ah! Taec!

Taec – sorry, I didnt mean to scare you...

Min – its nothing much...

 

She bent down to pick up the pieces and especially to have an excuse for not having eye contact with Taecyeon. She couldnt believe it. Taec had an excuse, he was in love with her, she knew it for a long time, but what about her? She had Chan!

 

Taec – min-ah... about last night I... sorry... its my fault...

Min – dont talk nonsense ! Its as my fault as yours!

 

There was no way she would let him take everything on him, she was as much responsible for it. She had let herself be carried away by events, driven by the heat exuded by this body she loved so much, too much.

 

Taec – you better go back to Seoul

Min – alone?

Taec – yes... I'll stay with mum for some times, you, go back to Korea

Min – but ! I cant let you handle that by yourself!

Taec – you dont understand... you have to go away from me, you have to go back to were you belong, next to Chan!

Min – Yeonnie I... okay... but what am I supposed to do ? I mean... I wont be able to face ChanSung...

Taec – he dont have to know that. It was a mistake caused by the alcohol...

Min – okay...

 

He was right, she had to get on with her life. She loved Chan and he loved her. That's all that mattered. But she felt bad for her brother. Bad because he was going to blame himself all his life because of this event. Bad because he was in love with her and that love could never be realized.

 

Min – I leave with one condition

Taec – which one?

Min – dont feel guitly about last night... and I want you to know that... I regret nothing

 

He looked at her with surprised eyes as she walked past him, kissed him tenderly on the cheek before heading to her room to prepare her stuffs. Yes, she had to leave as soon as possible, away from him. She had to go where she should be and hoped that this few days away would be good as well for her brother. He had to forget her.