chapter 2

Descendants of the darkness

Donghae pov

  Clapping my hands and using a bit of magic, the luggage started to unpack on its own.

How convienent.

I took a map from the bag and spread it on the floor. I guess i just have to go to the central square where almost everyone lives in and search. Simple but yet so difficuly at the same time. Well, leeteuk hyung has never said that this mission is easy but it is still very troublesome. I fold the map and stuffed it in my bag and went outside of my room. I have almost an hour before lunch and the packing is almost done by magic so...

Let's tour the house!

I smiled brightly at my brillant idea.

Walking in some random direction, i arrived at the kitchem where i ca sense eunhyuk cooking. Smells nice, i sniffed the scent and peeped inside. Eunhyuk stood behind some big pot and is stirring with a big spoon. He choped some vegetables and put them into the big pot and continued stirring.

"What's that?" i asked.

"Soup." he said while lifting a spoonful of it and brought it to his lips. Taking a slip and smiled in satisfaction.

"I know, what kind?" i leaned against the door and observe him. Eunhyuk still interest me in some way, a have never seen a demon smile before. it's either that they are screaming while i kill them or smirking as they taunt me.

"i don't know. i haven't come up with a name for it yet, it's a new recipe." he said thoughtfully.

" Is it even edible?" i snorted. Demons kill, not cook.

" Why not you try?" he asked, holding out a spoonful.

" If i die or something, i am going to come back and haunt you." i told him as i took the handle from him. taking a slip, my eyes widened. It's actually good...

"So?" he smirked in amusement. i narrowed my eyes.

" Don't get cocky just because you can cook." i said before i give him back his spoon and walked towards the dining room.

When i arrived at the dining room, Siwon was here already waiting for me.

" So, i bet you have never eat food prepared by a demon right." siwon asked. 

" Today, you shall try out Eunhyuk's superb cooking skills...." i let him drone on and on while Eunhyuk came in and lay the table. He smirked at me while i rolled my eyes at him.

i looked at the table and frowned. it looks like japanese food?

I had never tried out japanese food before. Leeteuk hyung gave me western food for a while but i got addicted to it and wouldn't eat anything else. Leeteuk didn't have the chance of letting me try japanese food.

i hesitatedly took a bite and raised one of my eyebrows. It's nice, quite nice.

After dinner, i was informed of all sorts of information except the one that i am most curious about.

Eunhyuk's past.

All i know is that he became Siwon's familiar and that he takes care of the shrine and the chores and some other stuff that i didn't care about. Why would a powerful demon suddenly become a god's familiar? It's too strange. 

Siwon took me to a bench and sat down with me.

" So, how is your first day?" he asked.

" Not bad." i said.

" Really? i thought Eunhyuk would give you a hard time." Siwon pondered.

"Erm... Siwon? can i ask you something?" 

"Yea?"

"I want to know Eunhyuk's past." i said.

" How direct, prince donghae. But that subject is sensitive." he smiled.

"But-"

"Don't worry Donghae. One day he will tell you himself when he is ready. His past is for me to know and for you to find out." Siwon winked at me before he went back into the house.

Geez, another job for me to do. So annoying.