Chapter 1

Descendants of the darkness

" Your highness you can't barge in like this. Lord leeteuk is having an important meeting with-" a maid was seen running behind a man.

The door at the end of the corridor opened with a bang, scaring almost everyone except the man sitting at the end of a long table. The man looked at his brother, curious of his strange behaviour.

"Donghae?" 

"I am sorry your highness, i tried to stop him..." the maid bowed, frightened of whatever punishment she might recieve for allowing Prince Donghae enter the meeting room.

"Please hyung, i have something important to say to you." Prince Donghae said.

" Prince Donghae, your behaviour is unacceptable!" the head of the senior council banged his fist on the table and stood up.

Lord Leeteuk looked at his brother, looking at the clear brown eyes that said PLEASE. Everyone looked at him, waiting for him to reach a decision. Finally he stood up and smiled apologetically.

"I am sorry but excuse me for a while. it seems that my brother does have important news for me." lord leeteuk said and went to the door. taking his brother's hand, he took him to a room that he knew he wouldn't be overheard.

"So, what is it?" Leeteuk asked.

"Is it true that you are sending me away?" donghae asked. his knees were trembling and he was on the verge of crying.

" Yes. Siwon will be taking you for a few years."

"Why? is it because of what happened?" 

"partially. Heechul didn't explain to you?" 

"i didn't really listen." donghae shrugged, remembering how his other hyung had tried to tell him about it.

" you are sent there to find your soul mate. after you have succeed, you will return home." Leeteuk explained.

"Why now? after so long?"

" because now you are much stronger, you'll be able to take care of yourself. i don't have to worry anymore about my little brother."

"can't i refuse?" donghae pleaded. he really don't want to go, it always make him relive the terrible memories that made him cry.

"no. the decision is supported by the senior council."

"But..."

"No donghae."

---------------------------

Donghae POV

i heaved my luggage up the steps to the shrine. i had travelled by train and buses before reaching this place, how rural can this place be? But then, my house has always been concealed by magic to keep humans out so i can't really complain. leeteuk hyung had told me to not use my powers unless i am in a life threatening situation so i can't teleport. it is a waste of time really...

"Hello Donghae." Siwon smiled to me when i finally reached the damn shrine.

"Hi." i replied, annoyed by the blazing sun. it makes everywhere too bright and i can't see properly.

" Let me introduce you to my familiar, Eunhyuk." He said and motion someone forward.

" Hullo. I am Eunhyuk, nice to meet you." someone held up his hand. Damn the sun!

"Hi eunhyuk, i am donghae." i said and shook his hand. i can't make out his figure...

" Let's go inside, the journey must have tired you." Siwon took my luggage and lead me inside.

Once inside, i felt better. it's dimmer and i can see better. the place is quite small but the decorations made it look big, such a pretty place. Siwon took me to my room and told Eunhyuk to brief me through the routine in the shrine.

i got a good look at Eunhyuk this time round, the name is familiar but i still can't figure it out. But once i saw his face, i immediately remembered. It's that crazy tiger spirit. the Eunhyuk,the wildest, most dangerous and scariest demon alive. people said he disappeared around the 15th century, he must be working for Siwon as his familiar then.

How did that god freak tame this wild tiger?

I remember my hyung told me that he killed many people just for entertainment, he is evil in the purest form and has no compassion. he looks down on humans and werewolves, i heard he even clawed out the king of the heavens's right eye. In heaven, the king's eyes are a set of power that he was very proud of. losing one is a disgrace for the royal family of the heavens. i can't believe that tiger did it!

His eyes dart around like a predator's. not natural, cannot be human. what is he?

a thought itself into my mind.

Eunhyuk's.

He is suspicious of me. i remember leeteuk hyung telling me to conceal myself from others, they must not know who i am. it's for survival.

" So... what does a familiar do in this shrine?" i purposely asked while walking backwards to dump my bag but slipped on the blankets that lay neatly on the floor.

" take care of the shrine and the people who lives in it?" he crooked a smile as he looked at me.

i tried to struggle but only end up more tangled up than ever.

"maybe if you manage to untangle yourself, you should unpack and come and have lunch." he said before he went out.

Nah... too clumsy, what was i thinking?

he thought.

after the door closed, i pulled a side of the blanket and slip myself out of the mess.

Yea, what were you thinking. i smirked.