Life After Marriage

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Myungsoo ♦

"Mm...Jia?" I turn groggily around to find the space next to me empty on the bed, "Jia where are you?!"

"Would you like breakfast in bed?" a petite girl asks from the door, smiling at me in my dress shirt from last night.

"Isn't that my shirt?" I smirk, "ert, you were probably smelling it for ages before I woke up."

She blushes, "So what if I was? You left it on the floor, so finders keepers!"

I raise an eyebrow in surprise - she really did wear the shirt because it had my scent. "Come here," I admire her exposed legs while she steps tentatively towards me.

 

"Are you hungry?" she asks innocently as I pull her into my arms.

"Depends on what's for breakfast - if it's you, then I really need to eat now."

She slaps my arm playfully, and stands up again to pull me out of bed, "Hurry up! We need to go to work today!"

My head jerks up at her reminder, and an excited smile spread across my face, "That's right! We're working in the same hospital from now on, aren't we?!"

"Mhm," she hums as she pulls my arm again, "so we can't be late on the first d-" a small gasp escapes her lips as I throw back the covers to step off of the bed - fully .

 

"What?" I challenge, "it's not like you haven't seen me before...Last ni-" she clamps a hand over my mouth to stop me talking, and hands me a pair of pants with semi-closed eyes.

"Just...get dressed..." she whimpers, blushing deeply.

"Alright, alright," I laugh, "I'll take a shower first, so don't wait for me and eat up!"

 

 

♦ Jia ♦

I poke the waffles without enthusiasm as the sound of a shower running travels to the kitchen. I wonder how long he'll take...guys don't usually take long showers right? We're going to be late for the first day of internship...

Around 10 minutes later, the sound of water disappears down the drain as Myungsoo emerges from the bathroom with steam wafty off his skin, "Can I get a towel for my hair? The only one available's around my waist..."

Thankful that he had the decency to cover himself this time, I rush to the cupboard for a fresh towel while he stands helplessly in the middle of the kitchen, waiting for my return like a lost puppy. 

I suppress the urge to pinch his cheeks, "Myungsoo, you have no idea how cute you look, standing there so innocently!"

His eyes darken, "Never, ever, call a man 'cute'."

"Wh-" he reaches out a dominating hand, and reachs under my armpits before a shriek fills the room. His revenge for being called 'cute' is tickling?! I think to myself in disbelief, just how cute can he get?

"Am I still cute now?!" he demands while I squeal under his hands.

 

I was very tempted to say: 'Yes, you're adorable', but my air supply was running dangerously low, so I gave in. "No! You're super super manly!!!"

Satisfied, he grins before disappearing into the bedroom to get changed.

»«

Arriving 5 m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter