Not for the Fame

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Myungsoo ♦

"What if...I told you I DO want to become a celebrity?"

As soon as the words escaped through my lips, I regretted it. I regretted every single syllable, as I watched Jia's hiccups come to a stop - supposedly shocked out of it by me.

I was very tempted to laugh and say 'just joking!' at that very moment while she stared at me with round eyes, but somehow my tongue refused to shape the words. That was when I was sure about what I had just said - I DO want to give myself a chance in the entertainment industry.

But how would I bear the strict training period without seeing Jia?

Didn't I tell her my purpose in coming to Korea was to study cardiac remedy and to marry her?

I can't just go back on my promise! Especially since she clearly does not wish for me to leave...

 

"Go."

That single word sent chills all the way through my body. 

"Go, then. Do what you like."

Her frozen tone told me she had been thinking the exact same thing was going through my mind - the obstacles my choice will put us through, my dreams, her dreams...

I wipe at her drying tear stains, "Sweet angel - please forgive my selfishness for this once. I will never leave your side again, if you let me fulfill my dream this once."

She glared up at my sincere eyes, clearly indicating her scepticism at my words, "YOUR DREAM?!" she suddenly hissed, "If I remember correctly, your damn dream was to become a doctor and save people! Not dance around showing off your abs to screaming fan girls!"

"Listen!" I was becoming frustrated now, "I'm not doing this for attention - you should KNOW how much I detest those girls following me everywhere and screaming my name at school. I'm not doing this for the fame, I'm doing this...because..." 

"Because what?!" she demanded impatiently.

Should I tell her? Would she understand me?... "Because...I need to find my father."

 

♦ Jia ♦

His father? But didn't he die 10 years ago...

As if Myungsoo guessed what I was thinking, he shook his head sadly, "That's only what the publ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter