First (Official) Date!

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Jia ♦

Obviously, Myungsoo is the one I love.

Yes, we haven't been together for 10 years, and a lot of things have changed.

But I am very certain, through 2 months of familiarizing myself with him once again, that Myungsoo is the only one who I would even consider marrying, and having a future with.

He is gentle, well-mannered, rich, handsome, smart, kind-hearted, cute, talented, and most importantly...he is completely devoted to me. What more could I possibly want?

 

Yet, my heart still races for another.

And that person, is none other than Nam Woohyun; the guy who I have had a crush on for 2 years and 3 months...the guy who never even remembered my existence.

 

So why does my body still react to his touch?

Why is his supposedly playboy smile so innocent and beautiful to my eyes?

Why am I still engrossed over all these fine details about him, when I clearly have a soulmate, and future fiance?

 

I do not understand myself.

Am I really a...a player?

 

"Who's that?" he demands, a note of anger in his voice, "I thought you said you were studying alone?"

"Uh..." I glance back and forth between the smiling Woohyun, and my wary boyfriend.

"Hi, my name is Nam Woohyun. Pleasure to meet you!" Woohyun sticks out his hand, nodding his head at Myungsoo pleasantly.

Myungsoo's eyes grow wide momentarily, "YOU'RE Nam Woohyun?!" he gingerly shakes Woohyun's hands as he recomposes himself, "I see..."

Woohyun smiles again, this time at me, "It's been nice sitting with you Jia, I had a nice and relaxing time. See you around!" With that, Woohyun turned around and exited the library, leaving me to deal with a seething Myungsoo.

 

"What was that?!" he cried as soon as the library doors clicked shut behind us, "didn't you tell me you were going to study alone?! I came to pick you up because I know you don't have a car, and look what I accidently witness!"

We reach his black convertible, and, despite his anger, he pulls on the handle and holds the door open while I descend into the fancy vehicle.

As soon as he settles down into his seat, he opens his mouth again to question me more, but I was quicker.

Pressing my index finger lightly against his soft lips, I grin, "No more questions, let me answer you first."

He pouts against my finger, but lets me continue. "I was truthfully studying alone when you rang me 2 hours ago, but around 20 minutes prior to your entrance, Woohyun saw me stretching after a short doze, and asked if he could sit down." 

"Ant den?" (And then?) Myungsoo asked with my finger still blocking his lips.

"And then, I let him sit there because I had no reason to object!" I giggle as he pouts cutely.

He removes my finger, but holds onto my hand, "I know, it's kind of silly...I don't even know why I'm jealous in the first place...I guess I thought you were maybe in love with him."

 

My breath catches in my throat: Myungsoo thought I was in love with Woohyun?!

"Well...You're totally wrong! The one I love is Myungsoo, and will only ever be Myungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter