First Day of High School

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Jia ♦

*Aged 8*

 

"Hey, Jia?"

"Mm?"

"Do you like me?"

"Of course! Myungsoo is my favourite person in the world next to my mum and dad!"

"I see."

"Why? Don't you like me?"

"Jia, let's get married when we're older."

"Married? Like our mum and dad?"

"Yup!"

"Will I get to see you everyday if we get married?"

"Mhm!"

"Okay! Sounds like a good plan!"

"It's settled then: When we grow up, you are going to be my wife."

 

 

*8 years later*

 

"OMG have you seen Woohyun's hair today? It's super amazing and he looks super handsome!"

"Puh-lease, he's been looking super handsome everyday ever since elementary school!"

I roll my eyes impatiently as I stand trapped behind two girls, gossiping about some guy called 'Woohyun'. Apparently, this guy's pretty popular; it seems that he's a singer or a model or something of the sort. 

"Excuse me, could you please let me thr--" I frantically pushed past the girls, anxious to get to my very first class of high school.

"Hey! How rude!" one of the two girls whined, brushing down her blazer.

I continue running, throwing a quick "Sorry!" behind my shoulder.

 

As I rush into the classroom, the form teacher eyes me with disapproval, and gestures for me to sit down. Great, I think to myself, my first day of high school, and already I've pissed off a teacher.

I pull out a chair behind a guy with styled brown hair, and sank into the seat with a huge sigh, glad to be resting finally.

To my surprise, the person sitting in front of me turns around and flashes me a quick smile, "Tired? Everything's always difficult for the first time," he coughed uncomfortably, "I got lost in my middle school, and couldn't find my classrooms for 3 days!"

I laugh, earning a glare from the teacher. I lean closer to him, speaking in a hushed tone, "Actually, I didn't get lost, I was just trapped behind two girls who were too excited about some guy to notice me and let me pass."

 

He smirked, "Oh yeah? Did you catch the name of the guy they were discussing?"

"Yeah. Some dude named Woohyun, I think."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter