Sign Here

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Jia ♦

"Jeju was wonderful," I sigh happily as Myungsoo watches me stretch my arms in front of the Seoul international airport, "but Seoul is the best!"

"Jjang," Myungsoo nods emphatically, tempting me to reach over and pinch his cheeks.

But to my surprise, he shrinks away from my touch, instead pointing towards something in the sky, "Look! That cloud there looks like you! Hahaha."

I look up at the normal-shaped cloud, "No it doesn't," I make another attempt to his hair, but again he dodges my hand. "Alright, what's wrong. Why are you suddenly putting up this no-physical-contact barrier between us?!"

"I...I don't think I'll be able to control myself after what happened at the villa in Jeju..." he mumbles apologetically.

My face burns up at the memory of the night's 'activities', "Oh...I see..."

 

The taxi driver relentlessly looks back at us in the rear view mirror as we travel home to our neighbourhood, fidgeting with his tie uncomfortably as the awkwardness radiantly between Myungsoo and I threatened to cut off his air supply. There is no sound in the car, minus the gentle hum of the vehicle in the background, and all three of us looks out the windows - trying to find something to look at.

Myungsoo and I sit as far apart from each other as possible, facing the opposite direction with a small, distressed frown line decorating our foreheads.

Not a word was uttered.

 

"So..." the driver finally breaks the silence with effort, "are you two newly-weds? You look like students though."

"No!" I force a laugh from my tight oesophagus, "we're planning to though, after graduation."

"I'm not sure I can wait that long..." Myungsoo mutters under his breath unhappily.

The driver laughs, relieved to have finally broken the icy atmosphere, "This handsome young fellow seems to be eager! You're very blessed, cute little lady."

A geniune smile finds its way to my lips, "I know."

 

I catch Myungsoo secretly smiling to himself, before his phone starts to vibrate in his coat. "Yoboseyo?" he manages to dig out the electronic device, "yes...yes...mhm...okay, I understand. Sorry, I'll be there in half an hour."

"Who is it?" I ask, the worried tone evident even to my own ears.

"No one...of importance to you..." Myungsoo said evasively, "just the agency ringing me up about my withdrawal."

"How is that not important?!" I snap at him angrily, "this has everything to do with me! If it weren't for me you'd probably have debuted by now!"

He gritted his teeth, "This. Is. Not. Your. Fault."

Registering his fuming anger in dangers of combusting, I quickly bring back the main point, "Go to them now, we can go home later, but the agency will only get more frustrated the longer you make them wait!"

He sighs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter