Phone Call Suspicions

Childhood Promises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ Jia ♦

Tapping my phone screen impatiently, I glance at my watch for the 17th time that evening - where on earth is Myungsoo? Unable to contain myself any longer, all thoughts about pride and the threatening text I had sent him that afternoon go flying out the window as I dial his number.

"Jia?" the phone picks up on the 2nd ring.

"Wow that was fast!" I laugh, "where are you right now?"

*static sounds* "Who is that?! Oppa's girlfriend?!" a voice screams from the other side.

"Hara, please, this call is very important," Myungsoo regains his position at the speaker, "Jia? Oh my goodness where were you all this time? I was worried sick about you!"

"I'm sorry," I smile sheepishly although he can't see me, "I'll tell you the details when you get here, but firstly, who was that girl screaming?"

"Ah, that..." Myungsoo trails off, and I imagine him waving his hands around evasively, "she's just another trainee at Woollim ent."

 

"...Okay I'll believe you, so could you kindly hurry up? I'm kind of gettng hungry waiting for you."

"Sorry Jia, it might take around half an hour more because I'm filming at the moment. Eat something first, don't starve yourself waiting for me!" and then the line is cut abruptly.

"Hm..." I hum to myself, thinking about his ambiguous response to my question and the girl's voice...That voice sounded so familiar; almost as if I've heard it somewhere before - not in person, but either on the radio or television...

 

...Goo Hara.

That's right! The rising actress who had successfully made herself known through the drama "City Hunter"! I was a huge fan of that drama in high school, and even went as far as memorizing all of the names of the minor roles.

 

But a few points I don't understand...

1) Why didn't Myungsoo simply tell me her name? He knows I am a huge fan of Korean dramas, so I obviously would have known who 'Goo Hara' was if he had just told me.

2) The girl definitely sounded angry when she screamed at him - so loud that it travelled very clearly from the phone into my ears.

3) She called him 'oppa'...

 

 

♦ Myungsoo ♦

"CUT! GOO HARA-SSI THAT IS THE 5TH TIME ALREADY! JUST ACT HAPPY FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

"I CAN'T, OKAY?!" she suddenly burst into tears, "I JUST CAN'T, SO STOP FORCING ME!" her tears drip hotly onto the floor as she runs out of the building.

"Oh my god..." the director sighs as his head lands defeatedly into his hands, "sorry team, let's wrap up for the night."

"Thankyou for the hard work tonight everyone! I'm in a hurry so I'll be leaving first! Sorry!" I wave hurriedly at the cameramen and coordinators, earning a few tired smiles.

 

Outside, the stars twinkle brightly as I r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter