6

The Art of War

Five hundred years had passed and the five children were now more independent. They still lived under the same roof as the first vampire but he would provide them with advice and guide them under his care.

 

“Argh!” I cried in pain as I woke up only to find my head bandaged up. My vision was still blurry but it steadied after a while. “Omo! You’re awake!” someone spoke. I turned to face the source of the voice but saw no one. “You need to rest.” He said whilst placing a hand on my chest and pressing me back down. “Where am I?” I asked. “After you got knocked out pretty badly, I found you and brought you to a safer area.” He answered. “Who-” I said halfway when he silenced me with a finger on my lips. The sound of Vanguards scurrying around underground could be heard from afar and they getting closer. They ran past us into another tunnel and couldn’t see us despite us being exposed a lot. After they noise died down, I questioned him, “How come they can’t see us?”

 

“Didn’t you read the book you retrieved from the library?” he asked in return. “Omo! How did you know that?” I inquired with surprise. “That’s because I’m the one who gave you the nightmare.” He responded. “Bwoh!” I replied shockingly. “I also cast a spell of invisibility over us so they couldn’t see us.” He said calmly. “You’re a charm caster?” I queried. “Not really but I learnt from one before.” “Then you must be the first werewolf!” I squealed. “Fulfil what you need to do.” He whispered and the hooded figure disappeared into the darkness.

 

Not long, one of the children fell in love with a girl and he gave her the most perfect gift one could ever imagine, the gift of immortality. He got married to the girl named Nam Bora and they had a son later on.

 

“Nam Bora?” I said to myself. How come I have never heard of that name before? I stood up from my spot and tucked the book under my clothing. I made my move towards the dungeons to rescue my lover, the one whom my heart only beats for, Yoon Doojoon, and his partners, Junhyung and Dongwoon. I raised my hood over my head as I walked slowly towards the dungeons. Blonde hair from a lord’s head could be spotted from faraway and I quickly ran to him. “Milord you’re wanted back in the towers.” I lied whilst pretending to be a Vanguard. “Very well then. You’ll watch these three prisoners very closely.” “Yes sir!” I cried as he left swiftly up the stairs.

 

Meanwhile, the first werewolf remained hidden as the humans purge werewolves out from Earth. There was only one way to kill werewolves, and vampires alike, and that was to separate their head and limbs, before lighting the body on fire.

 

I then unlocked the nearest cell, “Dongwoon-ah! Where are Junhyung and Doojoon?” “Hyung must leave immediately!” he cried out as more voices could be heard coming down the stairs.

 

One day, Nam Bora and her son were accidently killed by a group of werewolf bandits. Consumed by anger and hatred, her husband went to seek revenge and killed more werewolves with his four other friends.