4

The Art of War

His brother must have survived the ordeal and slaughtered those whom went against him. The first vampire was about to abandon the village when he sensed something amidst.

 

I was resting a little in the back alley, leaning my head back against the red, brick walls. Soon, my eyelids felt heavy and they began to droop. But I was awoken by a loud, shuffling sound of boots, which scrapped, against the cold, concrete floor. A lord was closely followed by several Vanguards and then went from door-to-door, searching for me and calling out my name. They then spotted me hiding amongst the garbage in the back alley and came forward. My heart was beating rapidly as they made each and every step towards me. I pulled my hood down a little further to cover up my face. A familiar voice said, “Hey have you seen Prince Jang wandering around here?” Fortunately for me, my hood hid my face. I heaved a silent sigh before replying, “Saw no one except you guys running up and down. What’s happening may I ask?”

 

“Ah… its just that Prince Jang’s gone a little bonkers this time and ran away from home. Been searching for him for hours already.” The lord answered as a bolt of lightning streaked across the sky. He then added whilst looking upwards as droplets of rain fell onto his face, “Better get home safely. Weather doesn’t look pretty good.” “Erm… I have nowhere to go.” I lied. “Well… here you go. Get a rented room or something.” He replied and tossed some money bills onto the ground beside me. He gave me one last look before going to the next house, with the Vanguard following closely behind him. I grabbed the money and ran to the blacksmith. I demanded a set of keys to the dungeons and bribed him with the money that I had.

 

Amongst the ruins, the first vampire found an orphanage. He walked towards it slowly and from the corner of his eye, he spotted five children hiding beneath the floorboards.

 

After obtaining the set of keys, I slid into a manhole to hide myself from the Vanguards. As I made my way across the slimy, smelly waters of the city, I saw from up ahead were some flashlights and torches, followed by a recognisable voice from another lord, “Some of you head this way. He could be hiding here for all we know. This way leads to the dungeons.” I ran with large steps towards the dungeons but I could still hear those voices coming closer to me. I reached a fork of tunnels, and was about to enter the middle one when I fell face flat into the waters when something caught my ankle. “Got you!” the lord cried as he held onto me firmly, not letting me go. I was surrounded by numerous Vanguards whom were preparing to capture me. “Who knew that one day I would be going up against the one who taught me how to fight?” I said whilst breaking the long silence between us.

 

Meanwhile, after the escape from the village, the first werewolf headed to a charm caster’s house where she taught him a spell known as Planetary Teleportation. With this spell, the first werewolf could teleport between planets.