12

The Art of War

“It’s all your fault!” I yelled at JR. “It wasn’t. It was all part of your doing.” JR pointed out. “It’s all because of you! That’s why I killed my own family!” I shouted back and broke down into tears. JR went into a rage, “You were the chosen one! The one who had the privilege to become one of us! I was planning to get you into the Vampire Council. You had a bright future ahead of you. But yet you chose a werewolf over all these!” “What’s wrong with you?” I yelled in response. “The problem is you. If I had knew things were going to happen like this in the first place, I should’ve killed you.” He said solemnly. He then added, “Your trial will take place the day after tomorrow. The Vampire Council will decide your fate.” With that, he stepped out of the cell and the guard locked up the gate.

 

Yoseob’s P.O.V.

“Oh no! We’re a tad too late!” I panted whilst catching my breath. Both of us just stood there as we watched the fire up the rotten wood. “No you’re not.” Came a voice from the shadows as the hooded figure stepped forward. “Are you stalking us?” Kikwang raised his eyebrows and queried. “No I’m helping you.” The hooded figure simply answered. “By projecting these horrible nightmares in our head?” I immediately asked. “No but that’s what your vision tells you. The burning house that you saw in your mind is currently what you’re staring at.” He responded. “Jinjja? Then what happened to Hyunseung hyung and the rest?” Kikwang questioned in surprise. “Well let’s just say that they’re locked up away and are ‘living well’,” the hooded figure said.

 

He then added by taking out a map, “So here’s the layout of the city. They are held captive at four different prisons, namely north, south, east and west. The central headquarters is over here.” The hooded figure pointed at a large circle in the middle of the city. “So what’s the plan?” Kikwang inquired. “I don’t know. It’s up to you guys to rescue them. I’ve never been in this world for a long time.” He said. “Who exactly are you?” I asked whilst staring at the face beneath the hood but it was too covered to reveal anything. He totally avoided my question and pointed at both of us, “I’ll head north, and you can head east while you head west. We’ll rendezvous at the south, is that clear?” We nodded in acknowledgement before scattering. Junhyung hyung, wait for me, I’m coming…

 

End of Yoseob’s P.O.V.

Doojoon’s P.O.V.

I woke up groggily and tried moving my hands. But the clanging sound of metal chains shocked me. My vision quickly sharpened by ten fold. I thought to myself, where the hell am I? Just then, a Vanguard on patrol walked past my cell. I quickly pretended to fall asleep until he disappeared off the corner. I opened my eyes slowly and spotted a pin on the ground. Using my tail, I fished the pin from the ground and used it to pick the lock on my handcuffs. After what seemed to be hours of hard work, I managed to release myself from those painful handcuffs. Using the same pin, I attempted to pick the lock at the gate. Guards were busy patrolling the place so I had to be extra careful when they pass by my cell. After hearing a soft, click sound from the lock, I quietly slipped past the guards.

 

End of Doojoon’s P.O.V.