17

The Art of War

It was daylight when my eyes started to see things. I was making out the different shapes and sizes when a loud voice demanded, “Move it!” I figured out that I’m back in the prison with evidence showing lots of Vanguards pushing and shoving the prisoners along the narrow and claustrophobic passageway. “Hyung! Hyunseung hyung!” I heard a languid person call out to me. I turned my head to see and to my horror, it was Kikwang and Yoseob in the cell beside me. “What happened to you guys?” I asked in shock as they leopard crawled towards me. “Our legs are chained and we got beaten up badly,” Yoseob responded. “Not that bad. We can still take a few more hits,” Kikwang added but coughed out a pool of blood after saying that. “Yah! How are you feeling?” I asked worriedly, trying my best to stay as close to them as possible but my chains prevented me from doing so. There were heavily bolted chains from my wrists to the ceiling and from the ground to my ankles so basically, I became a piñata, which I obviously didn’t like.

 

“Hyung what will happen to us?” Kikwang questioned. “I hope we don’t die… and neither of the werewolves… my poor Junhyung…” Yoseob sobbed. “Don’t worry guys, we will make it our of the wretched planet ali-” I was interrupted by the Vanuguard on duty outside as he removed the magic barricade to my cell, “You have a visitor.” I was expecting Father to come in but a hooded figure entered. I was shocked at first but later realised that the colour of the robes were yellow. But what shocked me even more was the identity of the person behind it. The hooded figure slowly lowered its hood, revealing it to be Aron.

 

“You and I have lots to discuss…” he began solemnly then he spotted Yoseob and Kikwang from a corner. “I’m so sorry but they can’t hear this,” Aron continued and conjured a magic barricade, separating the two cells from eavesdropping. “What is it that you want?” I spat. Aron took a deep breath before sighing, “Well… firstly you need to know that your father loved you.” “No he didn’t! You’re lying!” I shouted and shook my fists but the chains forbade my movement. Aron then carried on, “I loved you a lot too. From the very first day we met till now, I’ve witnessed your growth. You were an excellent child, a brilliant one in fact. Whatever you wanted, we tried our best to give them to you. Remember what you wished for during your 999th birthday…” Aron paused to give me a moment to think before saying, “You wanted a position in the Vampire Council. Your father thought that it would be wise to put you through a test to assess your compatibility. That is the reason why we sent you to Earth. But sadly, you failed the test and disappointed not only your father and us, but also your coven.”

 

“He disappointed me even more! How could he go around killing so many innocent lives?” I yelled back. Aron answered back with devotion, “I’m sure you’ve read the book. He didn’t want you to lose yourself to the werewolves. He already lost his loved ones in the past… he couldn’t bear to see you leave his side as well…” “What right does he have? He took my loved one away from me!” I screamed. Aron pressed on, “Your father was helping you. Don’t you understand? If your relationship with the werewolves were to become real, then all of you will get ousted and be labelled as rogues and never ever to return back to your own world. Another reason is because of hybrids, the mix between a vampire and werewolf.”

 

A/N: Just promoting some upcoming stories, Empire & Maknae High. Please show your fullest support by clicking on the links. Kamsahamnida!