1

The Art of War

It was a dark, stormy night when I woke up from my nightmare, sweating and panting heavily. It was a terrible and horrible one. One, which scared me these few days that I spent, locked up in my room. There was this voice calling out to me, it was a cold, chilly voice, which kept telling me to search for something. I wished he was by my side so that I could tell him how I felt and that he could comfort me and that I could just fall back to sleep in peace. Hopefully, Yoseob and Kikwang are also sleeping peacefully in their own locked rooms. How could father do something so cruel to them, the werewolves? Locking them in the dungeons below and feeding them scraps of leftovers from yesterday’ dinner.

 

Flashback

We were sitting by the fireplace, cuddled in each other’s arms, enjoying each other’s presence. “Despicable!” came a booming voice behind us from the dark shadows. I sat up immediately, recognising whose voice it was. “F-Father!” I stuttered. “How could you betray us? Your own coven, your own family and your own friends!” he shouted. “B-But-“ I stuttered and wanted to continue explaining but was stopped short by his words. “You’re coming with us back to the vampire world. Along with those disgusting friends of yours.” He yelled and shot them a nasty look. Soon, we were handcuffed by a couple of elite vampire guards, which called themselves, the Vanguards. A portal then opened beneath our feet and we were transported back to our own world, the bloodthirsty world of drinkers.

 

“Lock them up in their rooms! They are not allowed to leave until it is time for dinner! And the rest will join the others in the dungeons!” father ordered whilst pointing at us and before pointing at Doojoon and gang. “No…” Yoseob and Kikwang cried and grabbed onto their partners, not letting them go. “Enough of this nonsense!” father ordered and they were separated. I shot Doojoon a caring and apologetic look before he was brought down to the dungeons below. Whereas for us, we were locked in our own rooms and there was no form of communication between the three of us, vampires and also the werewolves were locked in separate dungeons away from each other. Every one of us were guarded very carefully by the Vanguards, and only when it was time for dinner, then we were let out to have our meals, which were lonely humans whom were busy wandering the dark streets of any country on Earth.

 

End of flashback

4 days had passed since father caught us at the safe house. 4 days had passed since we had last seen each other. 4 days had passed since they disappeared. 4 days since they’ve been in captivity. 4 days had passed since I missed him. But will their lives just end here just like that? The voice in my head was telling me that I had to do something, something very desperate that I needed to do. I got out from my coffin and wandered to my balcony, which was overlooking the city below me. Flashes of lightning brightened up the sky accompanied by the booming sound of thunder whilst rain kept falling from the heavens, if there was even one. Bright lights from the street lamps clouded my vision and I climbed onto the railings, preparing to jump off.