Motivation

Torn

 

“ Hey, Jongin... so why am I here?” I asked, peering at the boy in front of me. 

He sighed, “ It’s a really long story... and I want you to understand that Chanyeol is not at fault here okay?” 

I nodded, mentally preparing myself for whatever it was that he was going to say, but nothing could prepare me for what I heard. 

“ Its all a bet.” 

My heat was being torn into a million pieces, the shreds like splinters of glass in my body.  My stomach churned uncomfortably and my head spun.  I hated him, but I hated myself more. 

“ As I said before, Chanyeol is not as fault.” I was too angry to reply, “ When we first made the bet, both of us were in love with that girl, Chaerin.  We were fighting, so Kris instituted a bet to see who would be a better boyfriend.  What he said was that a person would be picked and Chanyeol would try to get them to date him.  If he failed, I would try.  If we both failed, no one won the bet and no one got Chaerin.  Yet, if Chanyeol did get the person, I would try to steal them.  If I succeeded, I won, and if I failed, he won.  Also, the person who lost was supposed to keep up some form of relationship with the person used in the bet to make it more fair for them.  Chanyeol and I picked you because we thought it would be easier to use someone that neither of us had a chance to fall in love with... obviously we were wrong.” 

That snatched my attention. 

“ What do you mean wrong?” I asked, trying to keep the anger I was still feeling out of my voice. 

“ He fell in love with you.” Jongin stated.

I felt like the wind was knocked out of me.   

“ W-What???” I sputtered. 

“ What?!!? He totally acted like Chaerin was just some game in the past when you asked right?  Baekhyun he loves you!  He loves you a lot!” Jongin insisted, putting his hands on my shoulders and shaking me slightly. 

I just stood there blankly.  He loved me... He loved me!

“ B-but wait... he isn’t going to want to let me go, and I’m not gonna go, which means he’s gonna win and date Chaerin.....” I trailed off at the end finally seeing the fault in the matter. 

“ Baekhyun, you need to promise you won’t tell Chanyeol about this okay?” Jongin asked, I nodded, “ Good... I propose that we pretend to go out.  We’ll have to kiss and hug and hold hands, but that will mean that I won the bet and Chanyeol has to stay with you.  After its over you can explain yourself to him.  I hate to sound mean, but I want the girl and I really don’t wanna get stuck with you....” 

I mulled over what he was saying, and it did all make sense.  Knowing how much doing it would hurt Channie, though, was greatly deterring.  Mind you, knowing Kris, Chanyeol being forced to date Chaerin while Jongin hated his guts from the sidelines didn’t seem too good either.  

‘ it.’ I thought, and tugged Jongin’s head down to my level and kissed him. 

Our lips pressed softly together, and I could feel him pulling back slightly not quite wanting to commit to this himself.  After a little while he fully relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my chest to bump his.  I twisted my fingers in his hair, missing the curly locks of my real boyfriend.  

Jongin was a little shorter than Chanyeol, which in some ways made it easier, but I really missed the height difference.  Kissing Jongin made me increasingly aware of how much I loved Chanyeol, and I was really glad he was probably thinking about how much he would rather be kissing Chaerin. 

“ WHAT THE !” I heard his deep voice boom from behind me, and knew immediately that this was going to be just the tip of the iceberg. 

“ Two weeks,” Jongin muttered against my lips before Chanyeol dragged us apart, “ its only two weeks.” 

I fell backwards on my as Channie loomed over a fallen Jongin.  He was screaming nonsense and it really broke my heart.  All I wanted to do was explain why I was dating Jongin now and that I would be back with him in two weeks, but I knew I couldn’t.  I had to do my job in pretending and defend Jongin, even though it killed me. 

“ Stop it!” I screeched, running over to help Jongin up off the ground. 

Chanyeol’s eyes bulged and he looked like something had broken inside him.  He glanced between us and tears brimmed his eyes.  It took everything I had not to run up and hold him and tell him it would be okay, and it was killing me.  It was killing me to see the person I loved cry because they thought I loved someone else; if I had ever doubted his love for me before, I did no longer. 

“ Y-you...” Channie started, hands shaking by his sides, “You little ing !” 

He then turned and ran, and when he ran he took my sanity with him.  I was so lost, no reason in the world could stop me from chasing him, but Jongin’s arms around my waist did. 

After a minute or two of struggling I finally gave up and fell, limp and crying, into Jongin’s arms.  He pulled me into his lap, resting my head on his chest, and murmured sweet nothings into my ear.  I just sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

I vaguely remember hearing a bell or two ring, but I dismissed it.  At some point, after the bells had stopped ringing, I felt my ‘boyfriend’ pick me up and carry me somewhere.  I was placed in a car and driven for a while, by tear shedding turned to silent sobbing long before, and when the car stopped I was carried into a house.

I was tucked into a bed that wasn’t mine, still in my uniform, and I curled into the person who had put me there, letting them hold me. 

Everything had gone numb. 

He was gone, my Channie was gone,

and it was killing me.

 


Hey guys, I hope I didn't kill you all too much ;) Well, it had to happen you know.   If anyone would like to make me a poster that would be lovely, I put the apply form there for a reason ya know ^^

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote!

~ Jocelyn xx

PS: I'm sorry if this chapter seems short, but it actually is really close in word count to the rest of the chapters, it just has a lot more long paragraphs and less short dialouge :) Enjoy ^^