What She Means to Me...

Torn

 

Lunch had ended all too soon and I was stuck back in a classroom, learning I wouldn’t ever need to know, history to be specific, and daydreaming about Chanyeol.  I felt eyes piercing into the back of my head, but didn’t dare turn around and catch whoever it was.  Ignorance, sometimes, was better than knowledge.  

The teacher told us he had to step out to photocopy something and within two seconds of him leaving I felt someone’s hot breath on my ear. 

“ So... are you and that little bastard official?” A very familiar voice whispered in my ear.

“ Y-yes...” I stuttered back, not quite sure who I was talking to. 

I was then spun around very quickly, and came face-to-face with Jongin. 

“ Jongin...” I muttered. 

He had his hands on my shoulders and was leaning forward on me, making his face level with mine.  We stayed like that for what seemed like ages, very awkward ages if I must say so myself, while he studied me.  

“ Hmm...” he hummed, satisfied with what he found I guess, “ You really are very pretty... why are you dating him?” 

“ Because I like him.  And he likes me.  And that is all there is to it so could you go away now please?” I sassed, irritated that after only an hour of dating Chanyeol I was encountering problems. 

“ Thats what you say now....” I heard Jongin snicker under his breath as he retuned to his seat. 

The rest of the class was uneventful, though I could still feel Jongin’s eyes on me, and took the time to consider whether to tell Channie about what happened or not.  I decided, eventually, that I would consult the experts before I worried him with anything. 

 

“ Umm... Kris, Tao, I have a question...” I awkwardly mumbled, not wanting to interrupt the conversation they were having. 

“ What did Jongin do now?” Kris sighed, turning to face me.  I guess they had heard me after all. 

“ Well... umm... he asked me why I was dating Chanyeol if I was so pretty... and when I said it was ‘cause we like each other he said something about me saying that now... I don’t know if I should tell Chanyeol-” I told them. 

“ Don’t!” they interjected in unison.  Tao sighed and stood up.  

“ Did he look at you like this?” He asked, standing just the way Jongin had earlier with his hands on my shoulders and face level to mine. 

“ Ugh... yeah.” I replied. 

Tao retuned to his seat and he and Kris exchanged some words in a language that I’m assuming was Mandarin.  Finally, they both looked at me pitifully. 

“ We’ll talk to Jongin, but unfortunately there isn’t much we can do.  He’s just trying to set you off Chanyeol, so keep that in mind when you talk to him.” Kris instructed me, before sending me off to find my boyfriend. 

 

The next couple of days went on normally, I would meet Chanyeol and his friends by one of their lockers before school started and then spend lunch with Channie and then we would all hang out after school and his friends would mock disgust at our PDA.  It was really nice and, for some weird reason, I almost felt like Chanyeol was falling more and more in love with me as days went by.  Everything felt so real being around him. 

One history class, about a week after that fist incident with Jongin, I got a note passed to me.  I opened it and read: Ask Chanyeol about a girl named Chaerin and see how he responds. - Anonymous. 

Although I was pretty sure it was Jongin who passed me the note, I was too curious not to ask Chanyeol soon after when we were alone. 

“ Channie, who’s Chaerin?” I asked quietly, while sitting next to him at lunch. 

“ She’s umm... just a girl.” he responded awkwardly. 

“ Thats all?” I inquired further. 

“ Listen, Baek, I used to really like her and I did a bunch of stupid stuff to try and get her.  She is what is between me and Jongin, but she doesn’t matter now because I have you... I’m actually really happy I liked her and did all that stupid because it got me something very precious...” He trailed off contemplatively. 

That was the extent of the conversation and we returned to our light hearted play and joking.  I could feel myself really loving him, and missed him every time we were apart. 

The next History class came and I got passed another note, it read: What did he say? - Jongin (because I know you figured it out already)

I picked up my pen and wrote on the back of it: She’s the girl that made you fight, but he’s happy he liked her because she lead him to something precious... I don’t know what that means but that’s what he said. 

Jongin walked by my desk, picking up the note on the way, and asked to use the washroom.  When he came back he dropped another little piece of paper on my desk.  It read: Meet me behind the Language portables at break.  We really need to talk. - Jongin. 

‘Hmm... talk.  I guess that’s not bad right? But Kris and Tao told me to be careful with him... What else can I do though.’ I thought, but decided to head to the said spot at break anyway. 

“ Hey Jongin... so why am I here?” 

 

CHANYEOL’S POV... 

I couldn’t find Baekhyun anywhere.  Break was only 15 minutes, but I still felt so alone when he wasn’t there.  I really hated the fact that I was technically still part of the bet, meaning I was going to lose Baek whichever way it went. 

With a sigh, I set out to find him.  I looked around the music wing, wondering if he was engulfed in music and hadn’t noticed the bell had rung, which does happen occasionally, but he wasn’t there.  I also looked in the spot where we ate lunch, the cafeteria, around his locker, and even asked some of my friend if they had seen him, but I kept drawing a blank.  Chen was only slightly helpful by telling me that he thought he saw Baek heading out to the Language portables.

It was odd, for Baek to be in the Language portables, because he didn’t take a second language.  Deciding to check just in case, I headed down the stairs and into the first set of portables.  The building was kind of like a little school so there was an office, a couple of classrooms and some lockers in between. I looked through the classrooms that were open, the bathroom, and the hallway but he wasn’t there. 

Finally, after searching all the possible areas, I figured I would look behind the portables as well.  And, in some ways, I really wish I didn’t, because what I saw broke my heart. 

Jongin had his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, holding him close, 

and Baekhyun was kissing him...


HEYYY!!! so yeah... umm sorry for that... actually I'm not sorry but whatever.  Baekhyun has his reasons, let's leave it at that.  I would like to apologize to Siobhan bc she knows what is happening but this will still kill her bc I'm breaking up her otp.  Anyway, please let me know what you think, and fell free to rage!

Don't forget to subscribe (if you have already thank you!) comment and upvote :)

~ Jocelyn xx