First Date

Torn

 

I sighed and looked around the lobby again.  Although Chanyeol wasn’t officially late, he wasn’t early either.  Mind you, what was I to expect from a popular kid who probably asked me out for a dare. 

“ Hey, ummm... sorry I wasn’t early too.  I bought our tickets already so...” he held up two tickets and scratched the back of his neck. 

“ Oh... okay, how much?” I asked, pulling out my wallet.  I had automatically assumed that we were paying for ourselves. 

“ Aigoo! Pabo, I took you on a date so I’m paying for it!  Let’s go get our seats, ne?” he replied, hushing my protests with a look, and took my hand as we walked into the theater. 

I blushed majorly as two high school aged girls fawned over us holding hands, making Chanyeol chuckle.  He laced our fingers together, and looked back at me when I tried to undo it.

“ What’s wrong?” he asked, eyebrows furrowing slightly. 

“ I just...” I started, meeting his eyes shyly, “ I don’t know about this... about us.” 

He smiled gently, “ Take your time figuring it out... just don’t leave me hanging for too long, ne?” 

He unlaced our fingers and lead me to the movie by my wrist instead.  I have to admit, I did quite like holding his hand, but I wasn’t sure where we stood and wanted to play it safe. 

About halfway through the movie, I felt myself clutch Chanyeol’s hand tightly as something exciting happened. 

“ Scared?” He whispered in my ear, nose pressed gently to my temple and hot breath ghosting over my cheek, making me slightly shudder. 

I just chuckled softly in response and continued watching.  We stayed like that for a while, and eventually he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek and went back to facing the screen as well.  The movie ended soon after and we left the theater holding hands. 

“ So... how exactly are you getting home?” Chanyeol inquired, biting his lip.

“ I’m supposed to be taking the bus...” I replied. 

“ And what time does that bus come?” He asked.

“ Every half hour at the 6 minute mark... the next one is at 8:36 for example.” I explained, “ Why?” 

“ Well I was just thinking... there’s this really nice little coffee shop down the street about a block.  It would be a good place if you wanna talk...” he mused, looking down at the ground.

“ That sounds nice,” I replied, cheering inwardly at how well the date was going. 

He nodded once, then took my hand and again lead the way. 

 

We walked down the street in silence, only breaking it when he told me we had arrived.  He opened the door for me, waving me in first, making me giggle.  

I sat down at one of the little tables next to a window and waited for Chanyeol to join me.  When he did I just looked at him, silently wondering why exactly he was bringing this so far if it was just a dare...

“ Why do you think I asked you out on this date?” Chanyeol asked in a hushed voice.

“ Well originally I assumed it was just for a dare... but now I’m beginning to think otherwise.” I answered truthfully, no use in lying. 

“ Hmm... I see where you’re coming from, but you’re correct this was not a dare.  I was wondering what your assumptions would have been... I want you to know that this is real though.  I did want to go on this date with you.  I like y- umm... this.  I like this.” he replied, turning pink at the end and suddenly finding the table very interesting. 

“ You were going to say “you” weren’t you?  That wouldn’t be a problem...” I chuckled, teasingly poking him in the forehead. 

“ NO! umm... I mean... well... I-I just... I-” he stuttered, twiddling his thumbs nervously. 

“... seeing as I like you too.” I finished. 

He looked up from the table, mouth slightly hanging open, and stared at me.  I would say he was shocked, but seeing as I did agree to go on a date with him I didn’t really see how. 

“ I....” he started, “ I don’t know if you know this but I’ve actually liked you for some time now.  Even though I’m a popular kid, I always noticed you at the school music concerts singing your heart out, I always noticed you going up for honor role because of good grades, I always noticed no one noticing you and decided that someone needed to... and that someone was me.” 

It was my turn to blush and twiddle my thumbs and stare at the table.  I could feel him staring at me, and I looked up to meet his eyes. 

He leaned forward across the table, lifting my chin with his first two fingers.  When our faces were a good five inches apart, he stopped and just stared into my eyes. 

“ Can I kiss you? or.. no... may... or is it can... no I think...” He asked, but got distracted, and probably nervous, and was rambling away. 

Instead of answering, I simply tugged him forward by the collar of his shirt and pressed our lips together. 

The minute we connected, I felt a jolt run down my spine.  My arms were filled with goosebumps and my knees weakened substantially.  Although it only lasted a second or two, it felt like years to me, very good years.  His eyes were slightly glossy when we pulled back, until he seemed to actually realize what had happened.

“ Oh! I uhh...” he mumbled, pulling back embarrassed, “ I’ll just go order us some drinks... be right back.” 

Chanyeol returned a couple minutes later holding two coffees and a couple of cookies.  We just generally chatted for the next hour or so about this and that until it felt like time to go home.  

He insisted on driving me home, saying it wasn’t safe to bus late at night, even though it was the opposite direction from where he lived.  I did eventually cave in, and we drove in silence. 

“ This one right?” He checked, pulling up in front of my house. 

“ Yeah, thats the one...” I replied, climbing out of the car. 

He decided to follow me to my porch, saying it was polite to walk one’s date to the door, but stopped me before I opened the door.

“ I... I really enjoyed tonight.” He admitted, “ I think I actually like you, Baekhyun.” 

“ I like you too.” I repeated what I had said earlier that night. 

“ I know you do.” He winked, “ I’m mad though, because you didn’t let me kiss you... Baekhyun, may I kiss you?” 

I nodded, knowing full well that saying anything would be pointless. 

Within a second his lips were on mine, my arms wrapped around his neck, and his around my waist.  Even though this kiss was very chaste, it still had my insides jumping around like a little kid at Christmas, and my heart was beating a million times a second. 

Pulling back gently, the kiss was ended too soon, although to be perfectly honest ending ever would have been too soon. 

“ Goodnight, Baekhyunnie~” Chanyeol sang, kissing me once on the forehead before heading back to his car. 

I went inside and got ready for bed.  Falling asleep the minute my head hit the pillow, I had dreams filled with Chanyeol and woke up feeling light as a feather despite it being 5am.  Chanyeol made everything easier, and I only hoped I could keep him forever.



 

Hey guys so I hope this is okay... I don't really like writing the fluffy stuff all too much, but I did it just for y'all! Its like 3am so I'm off to bed..
Please comment and subscribe!!! 
~ Jocelyn xx