Define 'Us'

Torn

 

My stomach churned slightly as I walked through the front doors of my school.  Although I felt perfectly comfortable with Chanyeol, he was one of the most popular guys in our school and I was the geeky music nerd that was invisible, and I really didn’t fit in with his group. 

Mind you, Sehun and Luhan seemed to like me in the car, but that was just in the car.  

With a sigh I resign myself to my locker, putting my things away and changing into my school shoes before heading off to the music wing.  I was half-way to the safety of my music lab when someone called out to me. 

“ Ya! Pabo!” his deep, unmistakeable voice boomed, “ Get your over here!” 

“ You’d know quite a bit about that now wouldn’t you...” I thought I heard Luhan mutter, and judging by the look Chanyeol threw him I wasn’t too far off. 

“ Hey guys...” I mumbled nervously, looking up at all the people surrounding me; the popular boys in our school. 

“ HI!” they all chimed in chorus, making me giggle, and blush, slightly.

“ Thee! I told you he wath adorable!!!” Sehun sang, draping an arm around me. 

Luhan laughed at this, probably finding my manic blushing cute as well, but Chanyeol was a tad more protective. 

“ Okay that’s enough for now...” he informed Sehun, removing his arm from my shoulder. 

“ Protective boyfriend much?” one of his friends chided... He was tall, not quite as much as Channie, and had dark, wavy hair.  I had seen him around but never actually met him... 

“ Shut up Kai...” Chanyeol muttered irately. 

“ ‘Cause you know so much about doing that.” Kai sneered. 

“ A hell of a lot more that you!” Channie remarked.  

The tension between the two of them was practically visible and I really didn’t like where it was going.  Apparently I wasn’t the only one. 

“ Okay, guys, enough.  Chanyeol, try not to be aggravated by him... and Jongin, stop aggravating, well, everyone.” A taller blonde, who had arrived not seconds after they started fighting with a black-haired boy in tow, insisted. 

He sighed as Jongin gave him a sneer, and turned to be instead, “ Hi, I’m Kris.  I don’t know if you’ve seen me around, I’m a grade above you two, and so is Tao,” he explained, motioning to the boy next to him at the end, “ I am kind of on ‘Jongin control’ so if he’s bothering you just let me know.” 

In terms of first impressions, I have to say I liked Kris and Tao the best.  They both gave me gently smiles as the guided Jongin away from the group, and walked in the direction I had come. 

“ Sorry about him... he’s often very extreme...” Luhan apologized. 

“ heh... Its no problem really, us music nerds have some freaks of our own... trust me.” I replied, laughing nervously. 

“ Like what?” a smaller, dark haired boy asked, cocking his head. 

“ Well... there was this one kid last year who couldn’t play this certain note on his trumpet and, being a perfectionist, took lessons and tutorials and everything to figure it out.  After, like, two months of trying and failing he finally broke and just started hitting himself in the head with his trumpet in class.  Mr. Yang got really concerned and tried to usher us out but it was way too funny, especially when he threw it against the wall and it bounced back and sacked him....” I recalled, trying my best not to laugh throughout. 

Everyone else, mind you, was cracking up. 

“ Wow... yeah you really do have some crazies... that’s hilarious though!” the boy exclaimed, “ OH! I’m Jongdae, by the way, but you can call me Chen.  This is Junmyon.” 

“ I go by Suho... seeing as our dear Jongdae always forgets to mention it.” the other boy explains, smacking Chen upside the head. 

I giggled and blushed for the millionth time, and Luhan and Sehun cooed again. 

“ Would you two stop fawning over my....” Chanyeol trailed off and the group suddenly got very quiet. 

“ Your what?” Sehun asked with a smirk. 

“ I.. uhhh... my...” Chanyeol stuttered, unsure of what to say. 

I took this as my cue to leave, “ Well, listen, I really gotta go to class now.  So, I’ll cya guys later!” I turned and half ran half walked in the direction of the music wing.

“ WAIT!” Chanyeol called after me, “ eat lunch with me, okay?” 

I simply nodded, and turned to leave, already looking forward to lunch. 

 

And lunch could not have come sooner.  Even classes I found interesting were hard to concentrate in, and all the music I arranged was happy and fluffy.  My teacher asked me if I had gotten myself someone because of how giddy I was in Music Comp. 

When the bell rang I was literally the first one out the door, to my locker, and ready for lunch.  The only problem was, I didn’t know where Chanyeol was, and I didn’t know how to find him. 

I spotted Chen and Suho getting things from their lockers and was about to go over to them when someone  wrapped their arms around my waist. 

“ Looking for me?” Chanyeol’s deep voice grumbled in my ear. 

“ Mmhmm... Where are we eating?” I asked, leaning back into him, not caring in the least about all the people around us. 

“ Its a secret.” He whispered in my ear, taking my hand and leading me away.

He brought me to a small, hidden area behind the music wing.  We sat next to each other on the ground and ate, discussing this and that and simply enjoying each others company. 

“ Hey, listen, I wanted to ask you something...” Chanyeol started, “ do you like me?”

“ Yeah, I do...” I replied honestly.

“ Good.  I’ve been single too long...” he mumbled with a sigh, “ Consider yourself taken, Byun Baekhyun.” 

I laughed at his forwardness, “ Aren’t you supposed to ask me first or something?”

“ I guess...” he sighed again, “ Baekhyun, do you... ughh... wanna be my boyfriend or something... please?”  

“ Of course!” I sang, pecking him once on the cheek. 

“ If you were just going to agree then why did you make me go through all that awkward of having to ask you?!?” Chanyeol exclaimed exasperatedly. 

“ Because you’re too cute when you’re awkward...” I chimed, kissing him on the cheek once again., giggling to myself. 

“ You know when you’re cute?” He asked, turning my face to face him, “ always...” 

A pair of soft lips pressed into mine gently, making me quiver.  My fingers soon found themselves tangled in his luscious  hair and his hands rested at my waist.  I had never been kissed like this before.  Even though there was no tongue, it was an extremely intimate kiss. 

I finally pulled back, and looked Chanyeol in the eye, “ Thank you.” 

“ Hmm? For what?” He asked, cocking his head cutely and pouting a little.

“ For giving me a chance.” I whispered softly, gazing into his deep brown eyes. 

And with everything I saw there, all the happiness and joy and, dare I say, love, I also caught a hint, a little flash of something else.  Something much darker indeed. 

I thought I caught a little hint of guilt...

 


Yeah.... so I was going to work in Jongin's official intro to the story line, but didn't really feel like it... oops I guess that gives something away HEEHEE XD

anyway, I hope you all liked this chapter, but I do want to make a little reminder that, however much instantaneous fluff there might be, I only seek to DROWN YOUR FANGIRL HEARTS IN FEELS!!! Just kidding... but this IS an angst do don't get mad at me for reasons like some people I know... *cough Siobhan cough*

Please COMMENT, subscribe and upvote :) 

ALSO! for all y'all Baekyeol shippers go read http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/360183/immune-to-his-own-virus-angst-exo-baekhyun-chanyeol-baekyeol  which was freaking amazing!!!

~ Jocelyn xx