What Is This?

We Are One

 

Chapter 2: What Is This?

Her scent enveloped me and I found myself paralyzed. She her lips and my eyes immediately lowered to follow the movement.

"Are you alright?" I heard her ask. My eyes locked with her's at the innocent question.

I feel my heart rate rising fast and my mind clouding. Without warning I forced her against the wall and crashed my lips to hers. Her taste, her scent, her feel... It's taken me over.

'Mmm.' My control begins to slip as I feel her moan into the kiss. My lips moved from her lips and began moving down her neck. I can't stop. I need to stop. I pull back and wait for her eyes to open. Her gaze full of questions. I take a step back and she takes a step forward, halting my slow retreat.

"Don't stop." She whispers in my ear making my whole body heat up. Her lips finding their way to my neck and I can't help but moan her name.

"Jessica."


 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

*WHACK*

"Ugh." Taeyeon forced her eyes open and looked at her alarm clock. '4:30am?Really? When did I go to sleep?' She groaned and pushed her hand through her hair.

*Flashback*

"Don't stop." She whispers in my ear making my whole body heat up. Her lips finding their way to my neck and I can't help but moan her name.

"Jessica..."

'*End Flashback*

"Oh my god!" The kid leader moved a little too quick and found herself face first on the floor. "Ow! Ef!" Sitting up, she looked at the bed next to hers.

Empty.

'I don't have time to think about this. I need to get ready. God, why do I have so many schedules all the time? Manager oppa has been taking this too far for too long.' Taeyeon winced as she made her way to her feet.

"Damn. This isn't going to be good." Sighing she carefully made her way down the hall to the restroom.

"Tae, are you limping?"

Taeyeon froze as the literal girl of her dreams came up behind her.

"Did you hurt yourself? What happened?" Jessica asked as she wrapped an arm to help the struggling girl walk. She felt Taeyeon immediately tense. "Put your arm around my shoulder. I'll help you get to the bathroom."

"Really, I'm alright, Jessi." Taeyeon tried to persuade the girl as Jessica forced Taeyeon's arm around her shoulders. "Jessi, it's not like I'm dying. I mean really." Taeyeon sighed as she gave in and let Jessica help her to the bathroom.

"What did you say happened?" Jessica asked as she opened the bathroom door and led Taeyeon so she could lean on the sink. Jessica glanced down the latter's legs and felt her face imediately flush. 'How did I not notice that earlier?' Taeyeon was clothed in a simple oversized t-shirt leaving her legs completely exposed. Jessica's eyed widened at the bruise about halfway up the girl's thigh.

"Let's just say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, aka, the floor." Taeyeon laughed as Jessica quickly grabbed a damp rag and bent down to lightly pressed it to the mark on her thigh. Taeyeon winced. It really only hurt a little, but the close proximity of Jessica was making her increasingly nervous. The dream the previous night certainly wasn't helping things.

"Are you feeling alright, Tae?" Jessica asked as she stood up and placed a hand on Taeyeon's forehead. The girl had been staring at her the entire time. " You're face seems a bit flushed."

Taeyeon's breath caught in , her eyes locking with Jessica's. She could feel the girl's breath on her lips. 'Why is she so close? Doesn't she realize what she's doing to me?'

"Tae?" Jessica's eyes widened as she felt Taeyeon move closer and closer. Their lips were mere millimeters apart.

"Tae, you almost rea...dy? Tiffany peeked into the bathroom and froze.

Taeyeon immediately pushed Jessica away, causing the girl to hit the wall behind her with a thud and fall on her . "Oh, hey, Fany. Yea, I'm almost ready."

"Ow! Dammit, Tae, that hurt!" Jessica instinctively grabbed her shoulder.

"Am I interrupting something?" Tiffany asked raising an eyebrow and looking at the suspicious couple.

"No, not at all. Jessica was just helping me a little. I told her I was fine, but she insisted." Taeyeon shrugged.

"Does she look okay to you?" Jessica directed Tiffany's attention to the bruise on Taeyeon's leg.

"Oh my god, Tae. What did you do?" Tiffany immediately moved closer to Taeyeon and lightly touched the bruise on her thigh. Taeyeon winced. She wasn't sure if she was more uncomfortable from the pain in her leg or the glare Jessica was giving Tiffany. "We have a lot of things to do today. Are you gonna be able to be on your feet all day?"

"I'll be fine, Fany-ah. I just need to stretch a bit. I just woke up, you know." Taeyeon stopped leaning on the sink and turned in a slow circle. "See. I'm fine. Now, if the two of you wouldn't mind, I need to shower before the photo-shoot today."

"You sure you'll be okay, Tae?" Tiffany asked.

"Yea, you better not slip and fall. You don't need a cracked skull, too." Jessica picked herself up off the floor and stood next to Tiffany in the doorway.

"Well, unless the two of you plan on joining me in the shower, I suggest you leave." Taeyeon the water, then looked at the two girls frozen in place. "Yah, that means get out!" The kid leader pushed the two out and closed the door with a click of the lock. 'And they say I'm a ert.'

Outside the bathroom the girls just looked at each other with blank stares.

"Well, I'm gonna go eat breakfast." Jessica mumbled and started to make a hasty retreat.

"Hold it." Tiffany grabbed Jessica's wrist forcing the girl to stop. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I told you. I'm gonna go eat." Jessica closed her eyes and nearly cursed. She could hear the wavering of her own voice. So, she kept facing forward, refusing to look at her friend.

"Jessica. I'm just worried about you. I don't want anything to happen to you." Tiffany sighed out of frustration. "Look at me! We're all worried about you!"

Jessica opened her eyes and turned toward the redhead with a weak smile. "I'm telling you, Fany-ah,there's nothing to worry about."

Tiffany pulled Jessica into a comforting embrace. "I just don't want anything to happen to you like last time." She tightened her hold when she felt the girl start to tremble in her arms.

"Fany-ah." Jessica's voice cracked. "I miss her so much."

"Miss who?" Both girls froze and turned to face the unexpected guest.

"Oh, we were just talking about....my mom, Manager-oppa." Tiffany stated just above a whisper, avoiding eye contact.

"I see. Well, go get ready. You have a full day, Tiffany." His eyes going to the older girl, who's attention seemed to have find something very interesting on the floor.

"Of course." With a reassuring squeeze of the hand, Tiffany gave Jessica a weak smile and made her way to her room.

"Who's in the bathroom, Jessica?" Her manager asked as he stepped closer to her. His voice sent chills up her spine.

"Taeyeon. She's getting ready for her full day." Jessica glanced up. Her eyes meeting his.

"I see. I think it's time you get back to your room." He smirked as he placed a hand on her back and began leading her down the hall.

"I-I was about to eat breakfast." Jessica could barely hear her own voice as she found herself standing in her own doorway.

"I'm sure you were just distracted by that conversation about Tiffany's mother." With a light push, her manager sent her into the room and closed the door behind her. "I'll send someone up with some food for you in a bit." He stated calmly through the door.

Jessica simply sat on her bed as she heard her door lock from the other side. He rarely remembered to send anyone. Laying down, she buried her face in her pillow and wept. 'What has taken over me?'