WHERE IT ALL BEGAN 1.5 (original order)

We Are One

 

Where It All Began Part 1 ½ :

 

 

*August 2009*

 

Taeyeon leaned her head on Jessica shoulder as they rode back to the dorm from the set of 'Intimate Note'. Their schedule had been so packed lately it felt as though she never slept. Hearing the steady breathing of the girl next to her relaxed her a bit. She closed her eyes and snuggled into Jessica's shoulder more. 'I could totally sleep right now.'

 

"Taengoo-ah, we have to get out now." Taeyeon felt Jessica rub her back lightly. Somewhere along the way, it seemed Taeyeon had actually fallen asleep and made her way down into Jessica's lap. "Taengoo-ah," The blonde repeated. "Wake up or I'm gonna push you off." The kid leader chuckled.

 

"Sica, don't be mean. You're just so comfortable." Taeyeon groaned and nuzzled her head against her best friend's lap. "Okay, I'll get up." Sitting up she moved her face close to Jessica's and observed her carefully.

 

"Don't stare. It's not polite." Jessica complained and leaned back a bit to try and make some space between them. Unfortunately the back of the seat wasn't moving at all.

 

"Omo, Sica! Are you blushing?" Taeyeon giggled as she got up and hopped out of the van.

 

"Yah! I'm not blushing!" Jessica followed behind, trying to cool her face with her hands. "You're the one getting all close to me."

 

"You know you like it." Taeyeon gave Jessica a quick wink, leaving her speechless, before entering the dorm and making her way to her room. As soon as she closed the door behind her she frowned and plopped down on her bed.

 

'I wonder if it's true. I really shouldn't be feeling this way.' Sighing the kid leader forced herelf up. 'I'm really too tired to think about this. I hope Tiffany gets back soon.' She stood and made her way to the door, pausing as she gripped the handle. 'Jessica is my best friend. Jessica is my best friend.' Twisting the handle Taeyeon opened the door slowly to find Sunny standing on the other side.

 

"Taeyeon-ah, you've been mumbling to yourself a lot. I would've come in, but I was afraid of hitting you with the door." Sunny smiled and gave the girl a wink. "Thinking of a certain someone?" Taeyeon felt her ears flame immediately.

 

"Certain someone? Don't joke around. I was just hoping that Tiffany and her family are well." Taeyeon gave an awkward laugh and walked past Sunny. The shortest member, now wearing a frown, followed the young leader into the next room.

 

Taeyeon's eyes fell on Jessica immediately. She was sitting on the floor reading a book while Yuri rested her head on her shoulder and listened to her MP3 player. Taeyeon couldn't stop the frown from forming, but she immediately plastered a smile back on her face. Sunny didn't miss a beat and a grin slowly made its way back to her face.

 

"Taeyeon-ah," Sunny wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's waist and rested her chin on the girl's shoulder. " you haven't been sleeping much lately. I'm so worried about you." Taeyeon tensed immediately as Sunny's warm breath could be felt on her neck and she turned to look at her questioningly; however, Sunny was looking at a certain blonde on the floor. "Jessica, aren't you worried about Taeyeon-ah?"

 

Jessica glared at Sunny's obvious teasing, but her expression softened as her gaze met with Taeyeon's. "Taengoo-ah, you should sleep while you have time. What'll we do if you get sick?"

 

Sunny smiled. It was so much fun playing with these two girls. It's been months since everyone learned of Jessica's little girl-crush and yet she was still getting nowhere. It was a little ridiculous how dense Taeyeon really was. Though, Sunny couldn't really blame her. Jessica and Taeyeon already spent so much time together. They were already touchy feely and playful, so it's not like Jessica is acting any differently. "Let's go back to the room. Take an hour nap at least. We'll have dinner made when you wake up." Sunny led Taeyeon, by the waist, back to their room. Jessica glared once again, raising her fist when Sunny turned with a merong.

 

"It's been months now, you know." Yuri lifted her head off Jessica's shoulder and took out her headphones. " Are you ever gonna tell her?" Jessica simply sighed and leaned back against the wall. "Are you waiting for something special to happen?"

 

"I just don't want to mess anything up. That makes sense, right?" Jessica put her book on the floor and rested her head on her knees. "Sometimes I think she already knows and just plays with me." Yuri raised an eyebrow.

 

"Why do you say that?" The black pearl asked as Sunny came back from her and Taeyeon's room and sat across from them on the floor. Jessica turned her head to face Yuri.

 

"She's been acting strange lately. Well, not strange really, but more open." Jessica let out another frustrated sigh. "I feel like she flirting with me all the time. Like, she'll say things just to see how I'll respond." Sunny and Yuri looked at each other wearingly.

 

"Give us an example." Sunny notioned.

 

"Okay." Jessica stretched out her legs and crossed her arms, trying to think of an example. "Alright, here's one! Last month I recorded NaengMyun for 'Infinity Challenge'. Remember, when we went on Music Core?" Yuri nodded slowly. " Well, Taeyeon met with me backstage just after we recorded that day."

 

Yuri’s sat up and clapped her hands once. “Oh, I remember that! She talked to me and Tiffany for like a second and then disappeared.”

 

"And?" Sunny moved slightly closer.

 

"Well," Jessica's face was becoming very hot. She began to try to cool off her cheeks with her hands. “She praised me for working so hard and doing well in such a short time as we went back to my dressing room. Once we were alone in the room,” Sunny and Yuri scooted closer to the tomato faced girl, leaning in so Jessica wouldn’t be heard by anyone else. Just in case Taeyeon were to wake up. “She said something about how I looked like a cute sailor girl. “ Jessica’s voice was a barely a whisper at this point. “ And that miniskirts really suited me.” Sunny and Yuri just looked at each other blankly.

 

So?” Sunny rolled her eyes.

 

Yea, Taeyeon says stuff like that all the time.” Yuri crossed her arms. “You’re reading into things too much.

 

That’s not all.” Jessica sighed and focused on her hands as she began to twiddle her thumbs. “As she was talking about my skirt, I was getting my clothes to change into off the rack.” Sunny and Yuri became interested again.

 

And?”

 

Well, she came up behind me and ran her hand from the back of my thigh all the way up.” Jessica’s face was flaming as she turned to look at the two girls sitting with her.

 

Sunny and Yuri were speechless. “What do you mean ‘all the way up’?” Sunny asked with wide eyes. Yuri scoffed and rolled her eyes.

 

What do you mean, ‘what do you mean”? All the way up, Sunny.” Yuri ran a finger from the side of Sunny’s thigh up to the rim of her denim blue shorts and laughed.

 

Well that doesn’t seem that bad.” Sunny looked back at Jessica who just shook her head again.
 

It wouldn’t have been bad if she had done it like that. I was wearing a skirt.”

 

Yuri leaned in close to Jessica. “You mean she…? Oh my god.”