Just Keep Going

We Are One

 

Just Keep Going

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon fiddled with her straw as she sat indian style on the dorm floor. Jessica had to stay at the hospital a couple days so the doctors could observe her to make sure she was sleeping. They said it was just exhaustion, but the schedule wasn't anything too serious lately. They went through harder times during trainee years than this last month. The kid leader just glared at her drink. Doctors were stupid. Jessica's mother just wanted her there so that she couldn't come to the dorm. If Jessica wanted to come to the dorm she could. She was an adult for Christ's sake. Ridiculous.

 

"Whoa, glare at the cup long enough and I'm beginning to think it may spontaneously combust." Sunny snickered as she sat down across from the silently fuming girl. "Why aren't you at the hospital? Jessica should be leaving tonight, right? I thought you'd definitely be there to make sure she got home safe."

 

Taeyeon's glare was no longer focused on her glass as Sunny now became her new target. "You think I would be here if I could go? Jessica's mother told the damn doctors not to let me see her. I can't even get past the front desk. She treats me like I'm some sort of disease."

 

Sunny frowned. She had recalled Manager-oppa telling them that no one was to visit Jessica so that it wouldn't be obvious one of the members was in the hospital. "You're not even allowed at the front desk? That's a little harsh."

 

Taeyeon simply rolled her eyes and started fiddling with her drink again. "I don't really care. I'm not supposed to be around her anyway. I just cause her pain."

 

Sunny gave the girl a bittersweet smile. "You know, you made her happy. It's probably more painful now, then when you were together."

 

The burnette's gaze softened. "Let's not talk about the past. It's better if everyone forget's it." Taeyeon stood up and started walking to the door. "Let's go do something. I'm tired of being in this dorm."

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica smiled as she closed the door to her bedroom. It was nice to finally be home. No Doctors. No Managers. No Taeyeon. Just her.

 

*Knock Knock Knock*

 

"Yah! Sica! Let me in!"

 

And her sister. Jessica turned and opened the door to see a grinning Krystal The girl just walked in like she owned the place and sat down on the edge of Jessica's bed, crossing her legs. The same grin still on her face. Jessica just raised her eyebrows, closed the door, and crossed her arms as she faced her sister. "May I help you?"

 

"Mom, was so pissed the other day when she came home. 'That no good leader was at the hospital! She knows better than to be anywhere near my daughter unless they're on that stupid stage. She should be lucky I let her stay in that damn group!' My god, it was so funny. You should've seen her!" Krystal chuckled.

 

Jessica was not amused as she glared at her sister. Realizing she was glaring at the wrong person, she just sighed and made her way to sit next to the carefree girl on the bed. "That's not really funny, you know."

 

"Yea yea, sorry sorry." Krystal dropped the smile and sighed. It was a little funny." She mumbled under her breath. "How is Taeyeon-unnie, anyway? I miss seeing her around. She just stopped coming over suddenly and then mom would get mad when I would ask. It's like Taeyeon became the devil out of nowhere in mom's eyes." Krystal remained facing forward, but was watching Jessica carefully through the corner of her eye. She noticed how her older sister's eyes seemed to turn lifeless.

 

"Yea." Jessica mumbled. "Out of nowhere."

 

Kystal frowned. She was definitely not being told something. Everytime she would bring it up, her mother would just yell at her for mentioning Taeyeon's name. Then there was Jessica. She would just...

 

3.

 

 

 

2.

 

 

 

1.

 

 

 

"I heard you're Japanese version of Hot Summer did really well! I'm really proud of you. We should go get some ice cream or something to celebrate!"

 

 

 

 

...change the subject.

 

Jessica's bleak expression was now hidden under an energetic smile. Krystal had stopped trying to get her family to tell her what happened. She would just have to find another way. "Sure, Unnie! That sounds fun! You know I never turn down sweets." Krystal let Jessica pull her to her feet and out the door.

 

 

 

 

"Why are we doing this again?" Yoona asked Yuri as she looked back at Seohyun and Tiffany at the table in the corner of the small coffee shop.

 

"We're doing this so that you can stop being a chicken-wuss and try to tell Seohyun the truth." Yuri gave a quick to Yoona before turning to the cashier to order.

 

Yoona sighed. Two years is a long time to confess, but people have waited longer. Plus, it was Seohyun they were talking about. She was...so oblivious to everything. "It's not like I haven't made it noticable. She just doesn't get it. She'll figure it out someday."

 

Yuri just rolled her eyes as Yoona began to order. "Well, unless you want to stay in the friendzone forever, I suggest making a move." The tan girl turned and leaned her back against the counter.

 

Yoona scoffed, bending down to rest her shin in the palms of her hands while leaning with her elbows on the counter. "Look who's talking. How long are you and Tiffany going to be in that 'More than friends, less than a couple' stage?"

 

Yuri smirked and gave Yoona a side glance. "There's nothing going on between me an Tiffany. You're delusional."

 

"Of course I am."

 

They both recieved their orders and made their way to the table in the corner.

 

"Yay!" Tiffany smiled and grapped her frappe, immediately taking a long sip. "I was so craving one of these. Thank, Yuri! You're the best." The red-head smiled at the girl next to her, not overlooking the noticable pink tint that suddenly appeared on her cheeks.

 

"What were you two talking about while we were gone?" Yoona asked as she handed Seohyun her beverage. The girl wasn't much of a coffee drinker. Apparently it shortens your life and irritates the intestine. However, she did like tea.

 

"Nothing much really. Toying with the idea of dating." Tiffany shrugged and took another sip of her beverage. Yoona and Yuri's eyes met immediately and they both frowned.

 

"Oh yea? Dating who?" Yuri asked plastering a smile on her face. Tiffany leaned forward and motioned for the others to lean in as well.

 

"I heard from a source who will remain unnamed that Jessica's mother has been setting her up on blind dates." Tiffany whispered.

 

Seohyun was the only one who spoke. "Why? We're not aloud to date. Isn't she worried that Jessica will get distracted from work?"

 

"I think she's trying to give Jessica a distraction on purpose." Yuri leaned back in her chair with a 'Hmph'.

 

"She should know that's a dead end road. She's tried that before with Kim Hyun Joong and Taecyeon. I don't think that woman will ever learn how to quit."

 

"Why is she so adament about it?" Seohyun asked simpl as she took a sip of her tea. The three girls at the table gave each other worried glances that went unnoticed by the oblivious girl.

 

"Hey, Yoona. Didn't you say there was a movie you wanted to go see? Let's go check the times before it gets too late." Yuri stood motioning for the others to follow.

 

"Oh, right. I forgot! Let's go."

 

Seohyun just blinked for a second while her fellow members all stood a began to make there way to the door.

 

"Why do I always feel like I'm not being told something." Seohyun mumbled to herself and sighed as she followed the others out of the coffee shop.