My Heart Is In You

We Are One

 

My Heart Is In You

 

 

 

"Mint chocolate chip, please. I'll be right back." Krystal smiled at her sister and made her way to the restroom. Locking her self in a stal, she took out her cellphone as she leaned against the door. "Hey, Amber, you think you could help me with something?"

 

"Help you with what?" Amber sat up in her bed and instinctively ruffled her hair, letting out a yawn.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Are you sleeping? It's six o'clock at night! We're supposed to like party at this time or something. We're young, you know!"

 

"Party? I haven't slept in two days because of you! Did you forget I was at the hospital with you every second I wasn't doing a schedule!?" Amber stood and started getting her keys and wallet together."What are you wanting to do now?" She let out another yawn.

 

"My sister and I are getting some ice cream right now. You think you can meet us? I'm a little frustrated about something, but it's pointless trying to talk to her about it." Krystal lowered her voice to a whisper as she heard someone enter the restroom.

 

"Krystal?" Jessica's voice echoed. "You feeling okay?"

 

Krystal reached forward and flushed the toilet in front of her. "Nae, I'm fine, Unnie."

 

"Gross. Are you using the toilet right now?! Don't call me while you do that!" Amber was already out the door walking to the Jung sister's favorite spot.

 

Krystal let out a low hiss.

 

"Alright well, hurry up or else I'm eating your ice cream too!" With that Jessica left.

 

"No I was not using the bathroom! My sister walked in. Anyway, I'll be waiting for you to get here. So hurry up!" Krystal hung up and rolled her eyes. "Now, on to the next." The girl scrolled through her contacts, her eyes brightened when she found the contact she was looking for, and hit the call button.

 

 

 

 

Yoona tried to calm down the beating of her heart as Seohyun leaned across her to reach for the water they were sharing. Yuri had said something about a movie to get them out of a sticky situation, but now she felt as though she were in another one.

 

"Unnie, are you alright? You seem tense?" The maknae whispered to her with concern in her eyes.Yoona could feel the heat in her face as she felt Seohyun's breath on her ear.

 

"Yea, I'm great. I'm just-" Her voice left her as she felt Seohyun's lips caress her cheek.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry! Yuri nudged me." Seohyun sat back in her seat and looked down as shipped her water. Yoona couldn't really tell, but she thought she could see a faint blush on the maknae's cheeks. Her heart. It felt like it might explode. How had she lasted this long without telling the girl next to her of her overflowing emotions? She couldn't handle it right now. She needed to get out.

 

"I'm gonna go get some more popcorn." Yoona stood up abruptly and made her way out of the theater. She needed water. Her hand made its way to . It was so dry. She walked passed the concession stand and straight to the water fountain, closing her eyes as she savored the feeling of the cold water soothing .

 

"Wow, is the water here really that good?"

 

Yoona flinched in irritation and turned her attention to the girl leaning against the wall next to her. "When my throat feels like its on fire, yes. Water is the best thing in the universe right now." She pratically hissed.

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow. "Okay..."

 

Yoona sighed and leaned, next to Yuri, on the wall. "Sorry, it's not your fault."

 

"I know. I mean, really? You have to spend time together. Stuff is gonna happen. You naturally hold hands and link arms. Are you gonna hide from her forever? You know you two are supposed to be buddies tomorrow. We all have other schedules. It'll just be you two at the dorm." Yuri watched as relization dawned on Yoona's face. " Oh, what? You scared now?"

 

"No." Yoona pushed herself off the wall and made her way to the concession stand. Yuri following behind. "I have no problem spending time with Seo."

 

"This isn't just time with Seo. This is time ALONE with the girl you've been in love with, for like, 2 years."

 

"Can I get a refill of popcorn, please?" Yoona handed the empty container to the cashier. She could feel Yuri's eyes boring into the back of her head. " Thank you." Taking the popcorn she turned and came face to face with unwaivering eyes. "What?"

 

Yuri sighed and just started back to the theatre. "Nothing. Whatver happens, happens. They're gonna start to wonder why we've been gone for so long."

 

There was too much going on in Yoona's head. Right now all she needed to focus on was getting through the movie without her heart bursting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm not going in there." Taeyeon stood frozen in front of the glass door that Sunny was holding open for her.

 

"Tae, you said you wanted to go do something." Sunny frowned, but Taeyeon's attention was focused on the girl sitting alone at a booth in the corner, staring out the window.

 

"Well, let's do something else." Baby Jung had just come from around the corridor and made her way to join her sister at the booth. Taeyeon turned to leave.

 

"Oh, don't be a baby!" Sunny grabbed the kid leader's arm and dragged her through the door. "Oh! Hey, Jessica! Krystal, how have you been?!"

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as the energetic girl didn't hesitate to drag her straight to the Jung sister's booth.

 

"Sunny-unnie, Taeyeon-unnie, what're you two doing here?" Krystal smiled and made room next to her motioning for Sunny to sit down. "You two were craving ice cream, too?"

 

"Not really. Taeyeon wanted to get out of the dorm so this is just where our feet led us." Sunny gave the young girl next to her a warm hug. "I've missed you, kid!"

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the two.

 

"Taeyeon-unnie, you should sit down with us! Sica, you don't mind, right?" Krystal asked her sister. Jessica hesitated a second before smiling up at Taeyeon.

 

"Of course you should sit with us. Krystal has been missing you, Tae Tae."

 

Taeyeon gave in and sat down next to Jessica. "I've missed you too, Krystal. Sorry, I've been busy with all the promotions." Krystal just smiled and nodded. She almost looked a little too innocent, but Taeyeon was sure she was just over thinking.

 

"Krystal, I finally tracked you down!" Four heads turned.

 

"Amber? What're you doing here?" Jessica asked.

 

"Yes, Amber. Why ARE you here?" Taeyeon's gaze went to Krystal who just shrugged in response.

 

"Well, if Krystal would ever answer her text messages and phone calls maybe she would remember that we're supposed to be in a meeting with our manager." Amber glared at the maknae of the group. Krystal simply pulled out her phone.

 

"Oops, I forgot I turned it off." Taeyeon wasn't buying it. Her eyes narrowed.

 

"You never turn your phone off, Krystal." Jessica stated, her focus now on the younger girl as well.

 

"I didn't want anyone to disturb our sister time, Unnie." Krystal pouted at her sister. Now, Taeyeon knew something was up. She should've been paying more attention. Her and Sunny just HAPPEN to go to Jessica's favorite ice cream shop. Where they so HAPPEN to run into the Jung sisters. Then, Amber just HAPPENS to show up to take Krystal to a meeting, because Krystal's phone just HAPPENS to be off. That's one too many coincidences.

 

"If you two need to go to the SM building, I'll come with. I need to talk to Manager-oppa about my schedule tomorrow." Sunny stood grabbing Krystal's hand and pulling her up.

 

Taeyeon felt Jessica shift beside her. "What's wrong with your schedule tomorrow?" Her gaze meeting Sunny's with an incredilous look.

 

"I was looking at it earlier and I have overlapping interview times. I just want to make sure it's straightened out. You don't mind, right Tae? You should keep Jessica company since we all have to leave." Sunny gave a quick smile and began to drag the Amber and Krystal toward the door.

 

"Yah, Krystal!" Jessica instinctively moved forward, placing her hand on Taeyeon's thigh.

 

Taeyeon just watched as the three girls disappeared out the door. " I don't think they heard you."

 

"Yea, I guess not." Jessica's gaze falling to her hand and swiftly pulled it away. "Oh, sorry."

 

Taeyeon just shook her head. "It's fine. I'm used to it." Jessica nodded slightly. She looked good today. Who was Taeyeon kidding? Jessica looked good everyday. Her gaze fell on the single empty cup of ice cream on the table. "Were you not hungry? It looks like Krystal was the only one who actually got ice cream here." Taeyeon mentally slapped herself at the relization. Sunny didn't even look at the menu when they walked in. She went straight to the table. Did she really know they were here?

 

"Oh, I really wanted ice cream, but when I got here I realized I wanted real food. I just figured I'd wait for Krystal to get her sweet tooth satisfied and then mention getting a real meal." Jessica laughed to herself. "Guess, she's done now, huh?"
 

Taeyeon smiled. "Looks like it. I'm not really in the mood for anything sweet either. There's that Japanese place down the street. You wanna go there?"

 

Jessica's eyes widened slightly. "Together? Right now?"

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "No, individually. I'll go first and then I'll come back here when I'm done and you can go. Of course together." The kid leader laughed and stood up offering her hand to Jessica and helping her out of her seat.

 

"We haven't gone out alone together in a long time, Tae Tae." Jessica smiled and squeezed Taeyeon's hand before releasing it. "Let's go."

 

Taeyeon followed behind as they made their way out of the ice cream parlor and to the Japanese restaurant. Jessica wasn't joking. It really had been a while since they went out together, but it was for the best. Taeyeon's gaze never left the girl in front of her. So, much has happened. She was actually beginning to wonder if they would ever be able to be this close again. It was already risky being alone together, but at least it was a public place. Or maybe that made it worse? It didn't really matter to Taeyeon. At the moment, she just wanted to spend time with Jessica. That's all she ever wants.

 

"Here you are ladies. Enjoy." Taeyeon was snapped out of her daze as the host left them to their table. On instinct she pulled out Jessica's chair before going to her own.

 

"Tae, you're so cute."

 

Taeyeon could feel the blush but decided to ignore it. "It's just good manners."

 

"Yea, for men. Are you a man, Taeng-oppa?" Jessica giggled. Taeyeon's heart rate was picking up. She couldn't help but chuckle at the grinning girl in front of her.

 

"Excuse me..." The girls turned to see an ahjumma with a nervous smile. Taeyeon watched Jessica's light up when she noticed the baby in the woman's arms.

 

"Oh, so cuuuuuute." Jessica reached out and poked the baby's cheek.

 

"I don't mean to interrupt, but would you mind taking a picture with my baby here?" The ahjumma asked as she handed her camera to a nearby waiter. Taeyeon's eyes went to the baby in the woman's arms.

 

"Of course we will. Who wouldn't want to take a picture with such a cute baby?" Taeyeon playfully stated while playing with one of the babies toes.

 

The two girls got on either side of the ahjumma and her baby aas the waiter snapped a couple photos. "Thank you so much. All my family loves you girls." The ahjumma bowed slightly.

 

"Thank you, thank you." Both girls bowed slightly as well and waved at the baby as she walked away. Taeyeon still smiling at the glow Jessica seemed to aquire after seeing such a cute child.

 

"Aren't babies so adorable, Tae Tae?" The daydreamer let out a sigh and picked up her chopsticks, tapping them lightly on the table like drumsticks.

 

"Yes, babies are adorable." 'So are you.' Taeyeon's thoughts betrayed her as Jessica placed the chopsticks under her top lip, imitating walrus teeth. She couldn't hold in the laugh. " Are you having fun?"

 

Jessica took the chopsticks from and gave Taeyeon a merong. "I am thank you. Watch this." Taeyeon raised her eyebrows and leaned forward watching as Jessica scruntched her straw wrapper all the way up her straw and finally took it off. "Okay you ready?" Taeyeon nodded, keeping her focus on the scruntched wrapper now on the table top. Jessica took the straw with her left hand and dipped the edge in her water cup. She then covered the top hole with her finger hovered it over the wrapper.

 

"What're you doing?"

 

"Shh. Just watch, okay?" Jessica smiled as she picked up a chopstick with her right hand and held it like a wand. Lifting her finger on the straw ever so slightly, she let a couple drops fall on the wrapper. Taeyeon smirked and let out a chuckle. As the drops of water fell on the wrapper, Jessica waved the choptick like a wand, and the wrapper moved on the table like a worm. "It's magic, see? I made the wrapper come to life!" Taeyeon did laugh at that.

 

"Magic you say? Now you're a wizard?" Jessica scruntched her nose.

 

"I could be a wizard." The childish girl pointed the acting wand at Taeyeon. "You will buy anything I want."

 

Taeyeon let out another chuckle and rolled her eyes. "We'll see about that one."

Jessica giggled.

 

They didn't actually talk much once the food arrived, but Taeyeon figured that was normal. It's rude to talk while eating anyway, right? But that didn't mean she couldn't sneak glances. Jessica really is attractive. Even in everyday clothes. Taeyeon put her chopsticks down and sat back in her chair. This was nice. She missed spending time with this girl. She missed her smiles, her giggles, her awkward jokes that didn't really make ANY sense and that was the only reason they were funny. She missed being close to her, holding her hand, caressing her cheek. Taeyeon frowned. Her mind was beginning to betray her again. Reaching into her pocket, Taeyeon took out a peice of candy and unwrapped it. Jessica looked up and Taeyeon smirked. "Watch this." She tossed the candy up and caught it in .

 

"Oh! Can I have one? I wanna try." Jessica beamed. Taeyeon took another piece of candy from her pocket, unwrapped it, and handed it to Jessica. The kid leader couldn't contain her laughter as her dinner partner tossed the candy up and missed completely. The piece of candy hitting Jessica in the forehead and then falling to the floor. Jessica's pout was too adorable. Taeyeon gave Jessica another piece of candy and smiled as she just placed it in . "I'm not gonna fail that again." They both laughed and got up to leave. "What should we do now?"

 

Taeyeon placed her hand on Jessica's back, guiding her out of the restaurant. They had actually made it just before the dinner rush, or so it seemed. "Oh, did you want to do something else?" Her heart rate was rising again. This girl, she didn't want to leave her just yet.

 

"We don't have to. I should probably get home soon anyway. We both have full schedules tomorrow." Jessica shrugged as they started walking in the direction toward her house.

"I don't have a full schedule tomorrow." Taeyeon stated as the turned the corner. They were Jessica's neighborhood. Her house was just a couple blocks down.

 

Jessica stopped. " Let's go this way." Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion as Jessica turned down an alley.

 

"But..." Jessica was already halfway through the alley. Taeyeon gave a mental shrug, having to jog to catch up to her. "Sica, where are we going?"

 

"I don't want to be without you yet." Jessica stopped walking and turned.

 

"Jessica." Taeyeon's heart was breaking. They were so close yet so far apart. "You're never going to be without me." Jessica's gaze then met her own. Her tear-filled eyes glistening from the little sunlight the alley received. "Don't." Taeyeon lifted a hand to wipe away the tears. Jessica closed her eyes and nuzzled her cheek into the palm of Taeyeon's hand.

 

"Taengoo..."

 

When was the last time she had been called 'Taengoo'? Ever since the incident Jessica always reffered to her has Tae Tae. The nickname Tiffany gave to her. Like it was supposed to place her between them.

She missed it. She missed Jessica's voice calling her. She missed her warmth. She missed her touch. She missed her.

 

It was only them right now. No one was around. No one would know.
 

Her heart couldn't take it anymore. She had been denying it for too long. It was a losing battle. Her heart was no longer hers. Taeyeon gave into temptation and leaned in, closing the distance between their lips.