WHERE IT ALL BEGAN (original order)

We Are One

A/N: Well, if any of you follow this on SSF, you will know that the next few chapters I'm about to post were orginially before the last 3. I was actually hoping to make them into a seperate story which I was going to make the prequel. I don't actually see that happening now, since so many want to see what happened in the past now. Writing a side by side story sounds really hard too, and also confusing. But, I'll go ahead and just make this one like the original and simply hope that when I'm done uploading the final chapter that I had written up to, my next updates, that have been done for a bit, will not disappoint.

ALSO! THESE WILL BE PUT BACK IN ORIGINAL ORDER!



Chapter 3: Where It Began Part 1

 

'Sometimes, I wish we could go back to how it was. When we were best friends, everything seemed so simple. We spent quality time together, had innocent fun, and even some light flirting for fan service.'

 

Jessica rolled over and reached under her bed. With a sigh, she grabbed a small shoe box and sat up, placing it in her lap.

 

'But that day...'

 

Jessica removed the lid and set it to the side. Her eyes focusing on a specific picture.

 

'That day, we both felt something that couldn't be stopped.'

 

*March 2009*

 

"Taengoo-ah, I'm hungry!" Jessica's voice eched down the hall from her bedroom. "Make me some food." She called out again when she heard no response.

 

"Yah, keep it down!" SooYoung complained as she pushed the slightly ajar door completely open. "TaeYeon isn't back yet. She had to film with her 'husband' today." Soo cocked her head to the side and stared inquisitively at the older girl before her. She was just staring blankly at the ceiling. Her head was at the foot of the bed with her arms outstretched above her, hanging off, and her feet were resting on her headboard.

 

"Oh." With a heavy sigh the older girl rolled over onto her stomach and rested her head on her now folded arms. Her gaze seeming to focus on the floor.

 

"You're not the only hungry one, you know." SooYoung muttered as she walked in and plopped down on the empty bed next to the ice princess. Laying back, SooYoung spread out her arms and stared up at the ceiling. "I'm so bored right now."

 

"Hey, Soo?" Jessica propped herself on her elbows and turned her focus to the now somewhat peaceful looking girl next to her. They'd been silent for a while now and if the younger girl hadn't made a small "Hm?" in response, Jessica might've even thought she was sleeping. "Have you ever, wondered what it'd be like with a girl?"

 

"Mwo!?" SooYoung sprang up, wide-eyed. Her reaction causing Jessica to sit up on her bed as well and stare at her hands.

 

"I mean, we do a lot of fan service, right? Hasn't it ever made you wonder about what it would be like, if it were real?" Jessica could feel the heat of the girl's stare upon her and looked to the other side of the room awkwardly.

 

"Well, I don't do as much fan service as some of you do. Uh, but does that mean...that you like...a girl?" SooYoung was baffled. 'Is this conversation really happening? This has to be a joke, right? I'm gonna meet Ashton Kutcher, right?'

 

"Hey, what're you two doing in here?" Yuri's voice snapped SooYoung back to reality as the shock of a new voice had her falling off the bed and first to the floor. "Oh my god! Soo, are you okay?" Yuri quickly went to help the fallen girl up.

 

"I'm fine, I'm fine." SooYoung wiped off her shorts then suddenly gripped Yuri's arms. "Oh my god, Yuri. You're never gonna believe what Jessica just told me!" Yuri met her gaze blankly. "She told me she likes a girl!"

 

"Mwo!?" Yuri's eyes widened and fell to the girl still on her bed next to them. "Is that true!?"

 

"Yah! SooYoung-ah! Who said you could go spreading rumors?!" Jessica whined still avoiding eye contact. That is until the felt someone join her on the bed. Turning only her head, she came face to face with Yuri. Their noses practically touching.

 

"It's me, right? You always hold my hand and you always get really close when you whisper to me. Plus, we all know I'm the iest, yes?" Yuri was now practically hovering over Jessica now. She had forced the older girl to lie back barely holding herself up with her elbows.

 

SooYoung was now leaning against the wall next to the door watching the scene with quiet amusement. She barely noticed when a form leaned against the wall next to her. "So, what's going on here?" Tiffany whispered in her direction, trying not to draw attention to herself. The younger girl didn't even flitch.

 

"Jessica likes a girl and Yuri's trying to figure out who." SooYoung whispered back, her eyes glued to the couple on the bed.

 

"Chincha?" Tiffany followed SooYoung's gaze as she grabbed a handful of popcorn from the bowl she was holding.

 

"Yah, when did you bring popcorn?" SooYoung grabbed a fist full of the delicious snack without looking away from the two girls still frozen on the bed.

 

"Are you two just gonna let her attack me like this?" Jessica glared at the two amused girls against the wall.

 

"Of course not, Jessi." Tiffany said as she handed the bowl of popcorn to SooYoung and made her way to the bed. "Yuri, get off Jessica." She said calmly with a simple push on the girls shoulder.

 

"Alright, alright." Yuri sighed as she got off the bed, only to laugh when Tiffany seemingly took her place.

 

"Is this better, Jessi? I'm way better than Yuri, right?" Tiffany smiled as the girl below her sighed in defeat.

 

"Oh my God, Tiffany. I was really trying to have a serious convo with Soo and this is what I get." The older girl shoved the younger off of her and onto the floor. Tiffany didn't seem to be too affected as she broke out laughing on the floor.

 

"Aw, come on Jess. We were just playing around." Yuri said as she helped Tiffany up off the floor. "We'll listen if you really need to talk. You know that. We can be serious. SooYoung just made it seem like a joke. Is it really true?"

 

"I only asked a question. I didn't say anything else." Jessica glared at SooYoung who was still eating popcorn against the wall and stormed out of the room. "I don't feel like talking anymore." She muttered as she made her way down the hall and to the kitchen.

 

"Hey, unnie, you hungry? I was about to make some ramen." Yoona asked from the pantry as she saw Jessica enter the kitchen.

 

"Oh, really? Yes! I'm starving, no thanks to anyone else here." Jessica opened the refrigerator and grabbed a slice of cheese, unwrapped it, and leaned against the counter. Eating the cheese slowly, she watched as the younger girl made her way around the kitchen gathering the things she needed. 'She doesn't look very happy today.'

 

"Unnie?" Yoona's voice was so low, Jessica thought she may have imagined the whisper. "Can I ask you a question?" This time Jessica's gaze was met with doe eyes, and she nodded slowly. "You can't tell anyone else about it, ok? I mean no one."

 

"Is everything alright?" Now Jessica was a little worried. Yoona's attention focused back to her current task of making the ramen.

 

"Unnie, I think I may have done something bad." Once again stopping her task to look at Jessica, the younger girl slowly made her way over with a bowed head.

 

"To me? I haven't noticed anything." Jessica used her pointer finger to raise the chin of the girl now standing infront of her. "You can talk to me."

 

"I..I..." Tears were welling up in Yoona's eyes.

 

"It can't be that bad. You can tell your unnie. We'll work it out." Jessica smiled weakly. She really couldn't promise anything without knowing what it was that was troubling the poor girl. Giving in, Yoona buried her head in Sica's shoulder.

 

"I kissed Seohyun." Yoona's voice was a bit muffled since she was pressing her face into Jessica's shoulder. Still, Jessica's eyes widened. She placed her hands on Yoona's shoulders and moved her back slowly.

 

"You did what? I just want to make sure I heard correctly. You...kissed...Seo?" Yoona's eyes stayed glued to the floor as she nodded in response. "When? How? What?"

 

"Unnie, don't freak out. I don't really know what happened!" Yoona's gaze finally rose to plead with the shocked girl. "I mean we were just hanging out in the living room and while I was reading, Seo was leaning on my shoulder. When I looked over she was sleeping and I couldn't help it! She was just so... I don't know how to explain it. I couldn't stop myself! Don't hate me! It just keeps replaying in my head over and over again!" Jessica just observed as the Yoona's frantic chatter was quickly accompanied by frantic preparation of food. The young girl was moving with an almost ridiculous amount of speed around the kitchen as she continued making the ramen previously discussed.

 

"Yoona-ah, it's okay." Jessica was now getting to experience the other end of the conversation she had basically been trying to have with SooYoung not even 10 minutes ago. “You didn't happen to hear anything in my room earlier did you?"

 

Yoona paused and looked at Jessica with an inquisitve expression. "What do you mean? I was in the living room with Seohyun."

 

Jessica's just nodded and watched as Yoona began cooking once again. "So, then, this just happened?" Yoona just nodded as she placed the noodles into the boiling pot of water on the stove. "And you feel...guilty?" Again, Yoona nodded."Because...she was asleep, or because she's a girl?"

 

Yoona froze. "Well," She turned and looked Jessica in the eyes. " does it really matter if she's a girl? Would you want to lose your first kiss without your knowledge?"

 

"I probably wouldn't." Jessica chuckled. " But I guess I wouldn't know. Okay, my next question... Do you want to continue and act upon the feelings that led you to kiss her?" Jessica leaned on the counter closest to Yoona.

 

"I'm sure she doesn't think of me like that, unnie. Seo is really innocent, you know." Yoona smiled as she stirred the noodles and covered them.

 

"I used to think you were innocent, too." Jessica nudged Yoona with her shoulder and laughed lightly, causing the younger girl to smile. "You know, since we're being serious right now, I'm gonna tell you my secret." Jessica stared at pot on the stove to avoid eye contact with Yoona. "I think I may have a little girl-crush on Taeyeon."

 

"Taeyeon?!" Jessica and Yoona whipped around to see all the members, omitting the kid leader and maknae, standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

 

"Uh..." Jessica looked all the questioning aka shocked faces.

 

"So you were really serious earlier? You really like her?" Tiffany questioned as the made her way to her fellow American and gripped her shoulders.

 

"How long?!" Yuri asked as she made her way over with hands on her hips and leaned in, as if she was analyzing Jessica's face.

 

"Well, no point in denying anything." Jessica glanced at Yoona who just shrugged and continued to finish preparing evrything. "I don't really know when it started, but I've felt this way for a while now." Jessica's gaze was now darting back and forth from Tiffany to Yuri.

 

"So, let me get this straight?" SooYoung butted in. All eyes going to her as she leaned her left elbow on Sunny's shoulder and her right on HyoYeon. "Jessica, you like Taeyeon." Jessica simply nodded in response. "And Yoona, you like Seohyun?"

 

Yoona whipped around her face flaming. "Omo! How long were all of you standing there?" She turned to Jessica. "Are we really just THAT blind? What if Seo and Tae had been there?! Oh my god, I don't even wanna think about it!"

 

Yuri laughed and put her hands on Yoona's cheeks. "Look at how red you are! It's so cute." She let go and nudged Tiffany in the side. "Hey, maybe TaeNy generation really is over."

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and laughed. "Hey, we just do what the fans want. Maybe we should try a little JeTi, huh Jessi?" It was Jessica's turn to roll her eyes. "What you don't like me?" Tiffany pouted.

 

"I love you, Tif, but right now it's TaeSic generation." The older girl winked and everyone laughed.

 

Tiffany just shook her head and shrugged. "Gee, always Taeyeon!"

 

"Always Taeyeon, what?" Everyone froze.

 

'Uh oh. Hopefully she wasn't there very long.' Jessica looked over Tiffany's shoulder to see the kid leader walk in seemingly oblivious to what everyone was currently talking about.

 

"Uh, I was just saying you always seem to have to clean up since you're practically always home last." Tiffany smiled awkwardly as she grabbed as couple side dishes.

 

"Wha? Why do I have to clean up everything?" Taeyeon whined.

 

"Because, we prepared everything." Yuri stated as she picked up a couple dishes herself.

 

"We?!" Yoona scoffed as she picked up the utensils.

 

"Yea, come on everyone lets set up." Hyoyeon said as she, SooYoung, and Sunny grabbed the rest and went to the living room.

 

"Did I miss something? Taeyeon tilted her head to the side and looked at the remaing 4 girls.

 

"Come on, Tae Tae." Tiffany began forcing Taeyeon out of the kitchen.

 

"Yea, let's eat!" Yuri joined in aiding Taeyeon out of the kitchen and into the living room, where the others had all taken a seat.

 

"So, Taeyeon, what did you and pudding do today?" Sunny asked as the oldest member sat down next to her.

 

"Well, we met with the other couples and had a vote for the best wife and best husband." Taeyeon smiled to herself.

 

"Who did you vote for?" Hyoyeon asked as she began pouring the others drinks.

 

"I voted for Kangin-oppa." Everyone burst out laughing. Two girls still awkwardly stood in the doorway to the kitchen.

 

"Well, that could've been worse." Yoona gave an awkward smile to Jessica.

 

"Tell me about it." Jessica nodded. " Now, I have one more question for you, Yoona-ah." Yoona just raised her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side. "What are we going to do about all the YoonYul fans?" Both girls laughed as they joined the rest in the living room.

 

"Taeyeon, I can't believe you forgot ribs!" SooYoung complained. " You know how much I love meat." Everyone rolled their eyes at the pounting girl and continued talking about what other events had taken place during their schedules.

 

"Oh, are we eating dinner?" Seohyun entered the living room and took a seat next to Yoona, rubbing her eyes and yawning. "Why didn't anyone wake me up?"

 

"You were sleeping so peacefully, I didn't want to ruin it." Yoona smiled and patted Seohyun's head.

 

"Unnie, you're so thoughtful." Seohyun smiled and started eating with the others.

 

Jessica and Yoona exchanged knowing glances and went back to eating and laughing along.