Chapter 7: Bad News

Crazy, Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara called up Bom her trusted style adviser. Although she opts out on most of the skimpy outfit suggestions of her cousin, Bom's style in clothes has a sophisticated side too. The phone was ringing but was taking a while to be answered. Finally someone picked up.

“Bommie-unni, it’s Dara,” she exclaimed.

“Oh Dara it’s you. I’ll pass the phone to Bom,” the sleepy voice of Ji Yong said. Dara could hear him waking Bommie. After a few cat like screams and Ji yong yelling in pain she finally heard her cousin’s voice.

“Dara-ah,” Bommie answered with a sleepy voice.

“Bommie-unni,” Dara said again.

“Ommo, you never call me unni unless you need a favor,” her cousin said. “Why are you disturbing us in the middle of the afternoon?”

“Why are you sleeping in. it’s almost 3pm. Did I disturb you guys,” Dara asked cautiously.

“Oh it’s fine. You should apologize to Ji Yong though he’s pouting like a puppy dog right now,” Bom said.

“Tell him I’m sorry but I need to borrow you for a bit. I have a party I need to go to but Chanyeol must have already told you about it,” Dara explained.

“Nope, this is actually fresh news for me. Am I invited,” she asked.

“It’s related to the family business so I suppose so,” Dara replied. “You will help me though, right?”

“Of course, we’ll enhance your beauty and make you even more fabulous tonight,” Bom promised.

“You’re the best unni,” Dara exclaimed

“Aish stop calling me that. It scares me when you acknowledge that I’m older than you by a few months,” Bom replied.

“Arasseoyo, Sarangheyo Bommie,” Dara exclaimed.

“Saranghe Dalong! I’ll be there in an hour,” Bom said before hanging up.

The girls only had a few hours for shopping then they have to go to their salon appointment.

They arrived in Bom’s favorite boutique in Cheomdang-dong. It carried a lot of designer couture and the event calls for exactly that.

They were welcomed by the boutique staff.

“Agasshi you’re just in time. We have new dresses that just came in from Paris,” the staff said. “Please have a seat and we’ll show you the collection.”

“I think a simple dress would be okay. Nothing too revealing or attention seeking,” Dara told Bom.

“I want you to be really outstanding tonight so no buts. I’m picking your dress,” Bom replied. “I’m thinking something from Valentino. What do you think?”

“Maybe, let’s just look at the dresses and I’ll try a few. You’re attending the party, right? You should get one to,” Dara said.

“My mom sent me a new dress from Paris so it’s not a problem but I’m not really sure what the party is all about. Usually company events are planned a few months ahead, this one I just heard of from you and I usually know a lot of things ahead of time,” Bom explained.

“Chanyeol told me it’s for the new project since we were able to secure the investments and maybe it’s a welcome party for the investors and stake holders of the project,” Dara reasoned.

“If you say so but I don’t know. It just doesn’t feel right,” Bom muttered.

“It’s a business party it’s not like we’re going to meet a firing squad, sure it wouldn’t be as lively as going to the club but there would still music and dancing and free food,” Dara said.

“I’m on a diet. Jiyong just told me my looks bigger I don’t know if he’s trying to praise or insult me but I suddenly felt like a giant bee the one you told me about when we had a vacation in the Philippines,” Bom explained clearly bummed about the whole thing.

“You mean Jollibee the fast food store we ate in on our way to Boracay,” Dara said.

“Yes, Jollibee, I feel like he’s seeing me wearing a huge red and yellow bee costume,” Bom muttered.

“Aigoo, I’m sure he meant it as a compliment. Don’t be too hard on Ji yong-ah and yourself. You have a knock out body and a gorgeous face. I mean look at me. I’m thin as a stick,” Dara commented.

“You look just fine. You’re a petite girl after all you can eat a whole refrigerator of food and only gain half a pound. I on the other hand have to work out every day and my trainer hwangsabu-nim is so strict I swear he gives me nightmares sometimes,” Bom said and they both laughed.

“But all your hard work is paying off you’re gorgeous,” Dara complimented her; well more like stating the obvious.

The two were going through some dresses when they were rudely interrupted.

“Ommo, annyeong haseyo aren’t you Park Sandara-shi,” a tall elegant looking girl approached them.

“Deh, but I... who are you,” Dara asked politely.

“Oh how rude of me,” the girl said.

Bom just rolled her eyes. She hated everything about the girl. She was too tacky for her taste. And that says a lot.

“My name is Lee Si Young. I actually work for my family’s company Lee Land Development. I’m working closely with Song Joong Ki-shi on the new ParkSong Project,” the girl added.

“Oh,” was the only thing that Dara said.

“How close are you working together,” Bom suddenly asked.

Dara just eyed her cousin nervously.

“Oh it’s strictly business, we make sure that both sides are satisfied with,” the girl paused and giggled “the arrangements for the new project,” the girl added with a laugh.

Dara couldn’t really see any visible flaw but she didn’t particularly like the girl either. She seems like a girl with an angelic face but with a deep and dark devious side.

“I’ll leave you guys with your shopping. I just realized that the clothes here aren’t to my liking,” Si Young said as if she was disgusted then left.

“You wouldn’t mind if push her to the middle of the street so she can get hit by a car, would you,” Bom nonchalantly asked.

“Don’t let her get to you. I think she’s all bark and no bite,” Dara said.

“Oh I think she bites all right. I know a when I see one,” Bom hissed. 

“Let’s just continue our dress shopping,” Dara said convincing her cousin to ignore the unpleasant meeting they just had.

After picking the right dress the two went to their respective houses to freshen up before they plan to meet in the salon.

 

While driving on her way to the salon Dara’s phone started ringing.

“Yeoboseyo?,” she said as she answered it.

“Noona, mainhe I can’t pick you up for the party. Appa gave me some errand I have to finish before going there,” Chanyeol said apologetically.

“Arasso. I can drive there myself or call Joong Ki,” she said.

“No need to I already commissioned someone to you,” Chanyeol said.

“You didn’t have to. I can just go with Joong Ki or even Bom. I don’t really need an ,” she replied.

“But I already asked Tabi-hyung to pick you up for the party. I mean I will still be your date in the party as soon as I arrive I will snag you away from him,” he said jokingly.

“Why do you like to bother other people? I’m sure he wants to bring someone as a date. You like imposing on him too much,” Dara reprimanded.

“Noona, he said it was a great idea since he didn’t have anyone to bring along,” Chanyeol replied. “Treat it as if he’s just giving you a lift.  Where are you now by the way?”

“I’m on the way to Park Seung Chol Studio in Cheongdam-dong. I’m meeting Bom there,” she replied.

“Okay noona, I will just tell Tabi-hyung to go there. I’m still your date tonight. He’s just a designated driver,” Chanyeol reaffirmed.

“Arasso,” she said. There was no point arguing with their family maknae.

When she arrived in the salon her cousin Bom was already getting her hair done.

Dara was welcomed by her usual stylist along with her army of helpers. After they had their hair and make-up done they put on their dresses and admired each other’s reflection in the mirror.

“Ah we were not called the beautiful park sisters for nothing,” Bom exclaimed.

“You’re happier about it than I am. Other than that I was always called Joong Ki’s pretty but ditzy girlfriend,” Dara muttered.

“It’s not your problem if you’re dating Einstein. And besides you’re not dumb. You can actually do well in school back then if you wanted to. But all you really liked doing was to follow Joong Ki around so sometimes I agree with the ditzy part every now and then,” Bom joked.

“Aish some supportive cousin I have here,” Dara said jokingly.

“I’m actually glad that you decided to be a teacher. For a while there I thought you were planning to be a plain house wife,” Bom commented.

“I’ve always wanted to be a teacher like eomma,” Dara replied. “Remember how we like joining her class even if we’re not going to school yet. I wish I can open a daycare center someday and name it after her,” she said.

“That isn’t a bad idea,” Bom said.

“You’re dress is absolutely gorgeous your eommo really knows what’s best for you,” Dara complimented.

“Only with clothes, she still hasn’t gotten over the fact I’m dating Ji yong,” Bom said. She keeps on arranging blind dates for me even if she’s in France. Hasn't she learned anything from her 3 marriages,” Bom fumed. It was obvious how she didn’t really like the topic about her mom.

“But she’s still your mom. She’ll come around. She’ll realize that Ji makes you happy. You’re lucky she’s still alive,” Dara said.

Bom looked at Dara and she realized that it was still something she’s vulnerable about. “I’m sorry couz.”

“I’m fine. Just try to rebuild your relationship with her. We all know she loves you in her own unique way. Just give her a chance,” Dara said.

“For as long as she doesn’t pick on my relationship with Ji Yong-ah I’m fine,” Bom said.

“I’m sure she’ll give her blessing as soon as she realizes how much you love each other,” Dara explained.

“I hope you’re right. She’s the only one I have my dad has his own family and she’s the only parent I have left,” Bom muttered.

Their conversation was interrupted when one of the salon staff approached them. “Agashi someone is here to see you,” she said to Dara.

“Oh don’t tell me you have easily forgiven Joong Ki and he’s your date tonight,” Bom asked incredulously.

But Dara shook her head and soon enough Choi Seung Hyun appeared all dressed up in a classic white Armani Suit.

“I’m here to drive for Ms. Sandara Park,” he jokingly said.

“Hey did you guys talk over the phone you two look too color coordinated,” Bom joked which made Dara blush.

“I guess we can pass as a real couple,” Seung Hyun added to the teasing.

“Oh but I have a date tonight, my little brother who commissioned you to drive for me, remember,” Dara corrected him half-jokingly. “But yah we do look like we talked about what to wear tonight,” she admitted.

“We do have really good taste in clothes and Bom here looks really pretty as well but I have to say that tonight I might want to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter