Chapter 14: Goodbye my First Love

Crazy, Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara and Seung Hyun were driving back to Seoul. She was ready to face her dad and tell him that she’s not getting married to Joong Ki anymore. She’s just worried that her father might not approve but she’s no longer afraid to face reality. She’s doing the right thing for herself this time.

"Let’s go straight to my dad’s office," she said as she got inside the car.

"I'll drive you there. I need to show up at the office anyway," Seung Hyun offered.

They drove back to Seoul quietly. After last night Dara had already made up her mind. She’s determined to end her relationship with Joong Ki once and for all. She’s willing to face her father’s wrath and the possibility of being disowned. She mustered all her courage because she will need every ounce of it.

As soon as they arrived at her father’s office they noticed a lot of people coming in and out with boxes of documents. She and Seung Hyun rode the elevator used only by the company executives.

“I’ll go to my office first. Will you be okay to go and meet your father by yourself? I would only take a few minutes and I can go with you if you like,” he offered.

“Thank you that really means a lot to me but I think I will have to face my father alone. Don’t worry I’m going to make him understand my decision,” she said with determination.

Seung Hyun hugged her and kissed the top of her head. “I’m here for you no matter what,” he muttered before letting her go.

They went to opposite directions. Dara’s steps felt heavy. She has avoided her father many times. She would join family gatherings but they barely spoke to each other. She’s worried about the outcome of their meeting today but she’s hoping that her father will be me amicable towards her.

She was greeted by her father’s secretary and was asked to wait for a bit. She nervously waited for her to return.

“He’s ready to see you now,” The secretary said and ushered her to the hallway leading to her father’s office.

A group of men just came out of his office none of which looked familiar to her. The secretary went in and opened the door for her. Dara went inside braising herself for the worst that could happen.

“Abeoji,” she greeted her father as soon as she went inside his office.

“I’m sorry if I kept you waiting. The office has been turned upside down because of some issues,” her father replied. “Have a seat. I have been meaning to talk to you too,” he added.

She did as she was told and sat across from her father. “It’s fine. I barely waited for a few minutes. I came to talk to you about my engagement. I’m sorry but I’m not going to marry Joong Ki,” she muttered. She was expecting her father to get angry, to raise his voice at her but he only looked at her thoughtfully.

“I’m glad to hear your decision,” he told her.

“Excuse me?” she asked not really sure what to think of her father’s reply.

“I’m glad that you decided not to marry him. Song Joong Ki is under investigation for a number of reasons. He’s being accused of bribery and embezzling millions of dollars from our company. Our major projects were almost affected by these new developments but the prosecutor’s office contacted us and our legal team. They only want us to cooperate and to support the investigation. There are a number of directors that are part of the people who are being accused of bribing government officials. Joong Ki is one of them,” her father explained.

“I didn’t know about this,” she admitted.

“He was apparently also working for the Lee Conglomerate. They are also being investigated now. I also heard about his elicit relationship with the only daughter of the Lees. She too is being investigated,” he added.

“Will you be able to help him appa?” Dara asked. She may have ended her relationship with Joong Ki but it hurts to think that he will be sent to jail and his mother will be left by herself.

“I don’t understand? Shouldn’t you be angry with him for what he did to you? Why are you asking me to help him?” Her father asked.

Dara opened up to her father about finding out about Joong Ki’s infidelity. And how somewhere along the way she met someone that stayed by her side and eventually won her heart. She told her father about Joong Ki causing his own accident and even faking the loss of his memory just to win her over. She emotionally retold everything to her father but despite all the hurt she’s been through she still asked her father to help Joong Ki in any way possible.

“I’m leaving him but I have no intentions of ruining his life. Please help him get through this investigation. He’s still your best friend’s son and at one point in my life he was someone I relied on and loved deeply,” she pleaded to her dad.

“You remind me so much of your mother,” her father muttered. “Even if you have been hurt badly you still handle the people who hurt you with kindness.”

“It’s been a while since we talked to each other so openly,” she said, “I’m glad I got to have this opportunity to talk to you,” she added.

“We should do this more often,” he told her.

“I will visit home more often at least before I leave. I’m going to apply for post grad studies abroad. Seung Hyun will help with my application,” she explained.

“Choi Seung Hyun, the younger brother of your unni’s husband. He’s from a good family and from our previous meetings he seems like a genuinely nice young man,” her father commented.

Dara smiled after hearing what her father said. “We should have dinner together sometime,” she said.

Dara’s father told her that Joong Ki is taken to the police station for questioning. She thanked her dad for sparing her some time in his already busy schedule.

“I’m just happy that I finally got to talk to you. I hope you come by more often to visit,” her dad admitted.

Dara hugged her father something she has never done in a very long time. “I will,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter