Chapter 11: A Choice she has to make.

Crazy, Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The drive to the hospital felt like a very long journey. Dara was grateful that Seung Hyun didn’t ask any questions. After she told him about the accident he offered to drive her to the hospital. Dara didn’t really know what to do. She didn’t want to impose on him but she felt relieved that he understood the situation. 

She couldn’t hide the worry on her face. She was fighting back tears because she didn’t want to burden Seung Hyun even more. She couldn’t believe that a sudden turn of events could turn a happy moment into a sad one. She was blissful and content after hearing Seung Hyun’s confession and telling him how she reciprocated his feelings. She didn’t expect that her feelings would be shaken by the sudden news. She is sure about her feelings for Seung Hyun but her heart is hurting and full of worry for Joong Ki.

“Cry if you want to. Don’t hold back for my sake,” Seung Hyun muttered while driving. He kept his eyes on the road and before he knew it he was hearing Dara’s quiet sobs. He knew that the tears weren’t meant for him but he knew that it could not be helped. Song Joong Ki had been a big part of her life.

When they arrived in the hospital Dara was still shaking so Seung Hyun was the one who went to the front desk to ask. They immediately went up to the 3rd floor. They waited outside the operating room. Seung Hyun held Dara’s hand comforting her in the only way he knew how at the moment.

“Dara-yah,” a woman called out crying. Dara stood up and let go of Seung Hyun’s hand and went to meet the old lady.

“Eommonim,” Dara greeted the woman and she was immediately enveloped into a hug.

“How is he doing? I came here as soon as we got off the phone. What happened?”

It became obvious to Seung Hyun that the woman who arrived is most likely Joong Ki’s mother. He immediately excused himself. He didn’t want to burden Dara even further. It would be awkward if she would have to introduce him to her ex-boyfriend’s mother.

He sent Dara a text message about leaving a head for obvious reasons that his presence isn’t exactly needed and he didn’t want to make the whole situation more complicated by being there.

 

As soon as he arrived in his flat he stared at his phone. He hoped that Dara had read his message and replied but unfortunately she had not sent any messages in return.

He couldn’t believe how much of a rollercoaster of emotions he had gone through that day. He didn’t expect that he’d be extremely happy one moment and then worried and distraught the next. He’s more concerned about Dara because Song Joong Ki at one point was considerably a very important person in her life. And just when they thought that he and Dara can finally be together something unexpected happened.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dara sat next to Joong Ki’s bed. The doctor said he was already out of harm’s way. He has a concussion, his left arm’s broken and he also has bruises. She was waiting by his side hoping for him to wake up. She couldn’t hold her emotions any longer and just cried.

She was still upset with Joong Ki for what he had done to her. For cheating and lying to her while they were together. But despite the hurt he had caused her she didn’t want something like a car accident to happen. She wanted to part ways with him peacefully. She didn’t want him to be in harm’s way for old time’s sake. She did love him and at one point in her life he was the most important person to her. And she’d like to believe that she was to him even if it only lasted for a moment.

She stared at his sleeping form. This was the man she once loved so dearly and it still hurts her badly to see him in that state. She held his hand and cried quietly by his side.

“Jagiya, why are you crying?”

Joong Ki finally woke up. “What happened? Why am I here?” He had so many questions.

“You’re in the hospital. You had an accident,” Dara replied. She tried to answer most of his questions while waiting for the doctor to arrive.

“Don’t try to sit up. You were badly injured.”

“But our wedding. I have to get better soon,” Joong Ki said with exasperation.

“Joongie, you can worry about that later. For now you have to recover from your injuries,” Joong Ki’s mom arrived with the doctor.

“Eomma! I’m sorry I di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter