Chapter 12: A Test of Patience and a Heart’s Devotion

Crazy, Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m finally leaving this place!” Joong Ki exclaimed. He was sitting on his hospital bed while eating sliced apples using his uninjured arm. 

“I’m happy that you’re feeling so much better now,” Dara said quietly while cutting more apples. She had been nursing Joong Ki back to health for a couple of weeks now. After work she goes straight to the hospital and stays there overnight. She would wake up early to go home to freshen up then get ready for work again. On Weekends she would spend her whole day with him in the hospital. Joong Ki insisted on seeing her every day. One time he stayed up late when Dara did not visit him for just a Day after her work. He threw a fit and Joong Ki’s mom even tried to reason out to him but he refused and wanted to see her. His mom called Dara and it became her routine to go directly to the hospital after work. This left her very little time to talk to Seung Hyun.

Dara can’t stop thinking of him. This whole situation is so unfair to him. And she couldn’t help but feel sad that they can’t be together as much as they want to. She longed for him even more she’s hoping that she can finally get things straightened out with Joong Ki soon. She sighed.

“You’re not even listening to me,” Joong Ki spoke. “We’re getting married soon. Shouldn’t you be more excited than me?”

“Sorry I just have a lot in my mind,” she replied nonchalantly. She’s glad that he was almost completely healed but according to Dr. Lee there are no guarantees that those suppressed memories will comeback. She didn’t want to drag the situation any longer but for Joong Ki and his mom’s sake she would like for them to have a clean break. Obviously his mom didn’t know about their breakup otherwise she would have contacted her already.  

“I was wondering how your family is doing? Only Sang Hyun and Chanyeol visited me. I understand about abbeonim being busy but Teddy and Jay worked together with me in the company. I’m a little hurt that they only sent me flowers.”

Dara looked at Joong Ki and felt sorry for him. All her siblings knew about his rendezvous with other women and they were already against her taking care of him. She was able to convince her younger siblings to visit but her Han Byul-unni, Teddy-oppa and Jay-oppa will not have any of it. So she sent get-well-soon-flower bouquets and fruit baskets and had cards with her sibling’s names as senders.

“They’re all very busy. You know how it is in the company. They’re all working on this huge project and they already have their hands full. At least they sent you flowers and well wishes,” she replied.

“I just hope they will accept me more. We’ll all be one family soon,” said and he stood behind her then gave her a hug.

“I want us to all live happily together. I know it will take a lot of effort in my part but don’t worry I won’t give up. I’ll try my best so they can have a better impression of me,” he reassured her.

But all felt like empty promises. Dara cannot unlearn how Joong Ki betrayed her trust and it will be so much harder for her siblings. Truth be told despite how much he hurt her she still hopes for the best for him, for old time’s sake. But she can’t stop thinking about Seung Hyun and how he patiently cheers her own without asking questions.

Seung Hyun visited her at work every day. He made sure that they ate lunch together if his schedule permitted. He didn’t ask questions about Joong Ki. He waited for her to open the topic and he never pushed to know more. He didn’t show jealousy instead he made sure that she is aware that he misses her a lot and that he understands why she has to be by Joong Ki’s side.  She misses Seung Hyun dearly and she’d move forward time if she can just so she can tell Joong Ki the truth so she can finally be free from pretending to still be in love with him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He watches her patiently as she absent mindedly pealed the 4th apple. He sighed in frustration. He didn’t want to admit it to himself but there is a nagging feeling that he already lost her. Dara is with him but her mind and heart is with someone else. He’s struggling with the idea that he may never be able to win her back despite his well-orchestrated scheme.

Joong Ki hugged her and tried his best to get her attention back to him. He told her that he will try harder to get along with her family. He meant it this time. He really wants to make things right. He told himself that he should make up for his sins. He just hopes that it’s not yet too late.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden knock on the door. He wasn’t expecting any visito

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter