Chapter 1: Coincidence?!?

Crazy, Stupid Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Dara-sangsengnim, can I color the banana blue,” a five year old girl asked her teacher.  It was Park Sandara’s first day as a pre-school teacher. Her day was going well without a hitch.

“Bananas are usually yellow or green but let’s be creative today and color it with whatever you like,” a bespectacled black haired petite woman replied. Truth is she looked quite young for her age. She’s already turning 25 but she can pass for a 15 year old. Being young-looking did provide benefits in her line of work since the children were quite at ease with her.

“Everyone has a picture of their favorite fruit, am I correct,” Dara asked her students.” You can start coloring them and from all your work we’ll pick the three best colored fruits and we’ll put them up in our Art Board. So let’s all do our best,” she instructed them.

“Deh,” the children replied in unison.

Earlier that day…

The day didn’t start quite well actually for one she woke up a tad bit late than what she set her alarm clock on. She got ready in a rush and didn’t even have time for breakfast. When she got to the parking basement she found out her car has a flat tire and she couldn’t get a ride with her best friend and cousin, Bom because she’s not answering her phone. And her ever dependable boyfriend was out on a business trip again. She walked the whole length of her apartment building’s walkway and still had no luck in getting a cab. She was bound to be late on her very first day teaching. ‘What a role model,’ she thought to herself.  She was looking at her watch all frustrated when she was surprised by the horns blaring from a black Lamborghini that stopped right in front of her. She has seen the car in the building parking lot before maybe a few nights back. He could be her new neighbor. She saw the move in crew getting the unit across hers being furnished a couple of weeks back.

“Need a ride miss?” said a handsome brown haired guy who rolled down his window to talk to her. He was wearing, in Dara’s opinion a very expensive black Armani suit. Her boyfriend being a fan of such clothes didn’t make it at all new to her.

 “I’ll be fine. I will get a cab in a few minutes or so. I wouldn’t want to bother you,” She said politely to the handsome stranger. She would have brushed off the offer but he was following her as she walked towards the bus stop.

“If you’re going somewhere out of the way, then I’m retracting my offer but if we’re taking the same route I’d like to help my neighbor I’m new here. I just moved in the building,” he said with pleading eyes.

Dara was scolding herself in her head. She has a boyfriend and she’s not trying to avoid a complete stranger who was basically flirting with her or the guy could just be really nice and she was just being too full of herself. “Right, you’re my new neighbor from right across the hall. I’m on my way to Holy Angel’s Christian school,” she said.

“Great, then you’re in luck that’s exactly the same way to my work. I pass by that area regularly,” the guy insisted. He opened the door of the passenger seat for her. “I’m completely harmless and if anything the doorman of our building has been watching us so you have a witness that you got in my car. I would not dare touch a single hair on your pretty head,” he said too convincingly.

That was a very hard offer to pass not to mention his charming smile was too hard to resist and there is the issue of arriving late o her first teaching job. “All right, fine, I’ll take your offer. Since it would be futile to avoid you when you practically live just right across my unit,” Dara admitted.  She wasn’t cheating she kept reminding herself she was just being conversational and friendly. She’s also being practical because she absolutely need to be at her class before the kids arrive.

“Choi Seung Hyun by the way,” he offered his free hand for a handshake. “May I have the honor of knowing my beautiful neighbor’s name,” he smoothly asked.

Dara rolled her eyes but smiled to him as they shook hands. “Park Sandara, but you can call me Dara. Do you really have a habit of smooth talking to ladies,” she jokingly inquired.

“Sandara, is a really pretty name, but Dara is an adorable nickname. I have a nickname too. I actually have lots. Tabi when I was in pre-school, Bingu when I was in primary school and I’ve been known as Top from when I started middle school to present,” he said nonchalantly. “And to answer your question I don’t smooth talk I just like stating facts,” he added.

“Wow, you’ve got a lot of names. Bingu? What kind of reputation did you have as a kid?  How shall I address you then Seung hyun-shi,” she asked. She was strangely comfortable talking to the guy she just met. She did however find it best not to react to his last comment.

“Call me Tabi. I hadn’t been called that in a while. I remember my fondest memories when I was just Tabi,” he muttered. There was a serene look on his face.  For a moment Dara thought he saw his features soften.  “But enough about me, what do you do Dara-yah,” he asked nonchalantly like he was just talking to an old friend.  

“Well, it’s my first day in my teaching job. So thank you for giving me a ride. It’s going to be a disaster if I come in late on my first day,” she admitted.

“I guess free lunch or dinner as thank you would suffice,” he said as he made a turn.

Dara thought about it for a moment and figured there wouldn’t be any harm in eating out with a new friend. She does owe him for giving her a lift.

“Let’s schedule it sometime. We can go to one of my friend’s restaurants. I hope you like Italian food,” she offered. A small voice at the back of her mind was scolding her for setting a date with her hot neighbor while her boyfriend is on a business trip. Another part of her was dismissing the idea it wasn’t a date after all she was just returning a favor.

Dara’s phone rang and she answered. “Byul-unni, I’m almost at school. It’s Eun Min’s first day at school, right? Don’t worry. I’ll look out for her. Hopefully she’ll be part of my class. I’m almost there. See you in a bit.”

“I have a niece who’s going to start attending the same school as well. I just forgot to ask hyung what his daughter’s name is. She’s an adorable kid but I’ve only met her once. She’s pretty just like her mother but as energetic as my brother,” Tabi recounted.

“Aigoo what kind of uncle forgets his own niece’s name? If she ever goes to my class I’ll make sure to look after her too,” Dara reassured him.

“The kids these days are so lucky to have such pretty teachers. I remember all my teachers were all too scary,” Tabi joked and this made Dara laugh along.

“Stop exaggerating,” she mused.

When they arrived at the school Dara easily spotted her older sister and her niece. “Oh there they are. That’s my sister Han Byul-unni and that’s my niece Choi Eun Min,” she pointed out as Tabi made his way to the parking area.

Tabi couldn’t believe his eyes because the people Dara was pointing at are related to him too. Byul-noona is his Dong wook-hyung’s wife and how stupid of him to forget Eun min-ah’s name. He scratched the back of his head because of embarrassment. “They’re my family too,” he muttered.

“Really? What do you mean they’re your family too,” Dara asked. She didn’t know what he was trying to say exactly.

“Byul-noona is my hyung’s wife. Eun min-ah is my niece to,” he explained.

Dara smiled. She knew that her Dong Wook-oppa had brothers but she only met Siwon and Sulli, their youngest during the wedding.

“What a small world. I have met Siwon-oppa and Sulli-ah a few times so you’re the missing little brother,” she inquired.

“Guilty as charged although I wouldn’t count myself missing. It’s more like I’m the busiest among my siblings,” he said.

The two got out of the car and approached Han Byul and her daughter. 

The older sister could not hide the surprised look on her face. “Dara-yah, Seung-hyun-ah I didn’t know you two are acquainted,” she said to them.

“We didn’t know that we were both related to you guys until I saw you and Eun Min-ah,”  Tabi answered pointing at Han Byul  and the little girl with pigtails.. “You know how I always forget to ask her name,” he admitted.

“Aigoo, that’s why they like calling you Bingu. So why are you with my younger sister,” she inquired.

Dara automatically carried the four year old who welcomed her with open arms.  “He’s my neighbor Byul-unni,” she answered for him.  

“Eemo, chugha haeyo,” Eun Min said as she handed the bouquet of flowers to Dara then hugged her.

“Kamsahabnida Eun Min-ah,” Dara exclaimed as she kissed the little girl on the cheek. Top just watched in awe as to how close Dara is to their niece.

“I’m glad to hear that you have family close by. Seung hyun, you should come by the house and visit.  You’re siblings miss you a lot,” Byul said.

“I’ll visit you guys soon. I just have some important business to attend to,” Top said as he made his way back in his car. “I’ll be seeing you soon Eun Min-ah,” he called out. “Dara-shi how about a home cooked meal? I haven’t had one in years,” he asked.

“I guess that would be fine since we’re neighbors and all. Thanks for the ride,” Dara replied.

“It’s my pleasure,” he said with brilliant smile on his face.

Despite the fact that she has a boyfriend she can’t possibly deny the obvious, Choi Seung Hyun is a very attract

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter