Chapter Eight

The Hour Glass (Discontinued)

 

Minye-

 

 

One minute Minho was standing in front of me, the next minute he was gone leaving me with Hyeo and Leeteuk. Leeteuk looked at me then raised an eyebrow, while Hyeo silently walked away. I wanted to stop her but I was frozen from where I was standing.

I can't believe Minho just left me here.

Where did he go?

I wanted to follow Hyeo but Leeteuk held on to my hand. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

“I don't know what you and Minho are up to but it seems pretty amusing. Can I at least know your name?” Leeteuk asked me.

“M-me? You're asking for my name?” I asked him back pointing at myself.

“Yes. What's your name? You do have a name right?” Leeteuk asked me.

“Um... m-my name?... I have a name... it's... it's... Kim... Kim Hyeo.” I said to him.

Back at the present...

Minho-

“I'm telling you the truth...” I said to Key, Hyunki and Hyunri for the 100th time.

“Do you expect us to believe that you and Minye found a time machine in the attic, got transported back in time... you became Choi Minho of Shinee... met your parents and you came back here in the present while Minye is stuck in the past?... We're not that stupid Minho.” Key said to me placing his arms across his chest.

“But it's the truth!” I told them, frustrated that they wouldnt believe me.

“Minho, what you're telling us is completely unrealistic. Are you sure you didn't dream it all?” Hyunki told me.

“If I was... then where the hell is Minye?” I asked them.

Key was about to say something again when the doorbell rang. Key went to answer it while I slumped back to my seat and buried my face in my hands.

“Appa! What are you doing here?” I heard Hyunki say.

I looked up and I saw Kyuhyun standing behind Key.

“Hyeo called and said to check up on you. So, everything's okay here? Where's Minye?” He said sitting beside Hyunri.

“According to Minho she's stuck at the past.” Hyunki said sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

I said nothing but just gave out a frustrated moan. I saw Kyuhyun's expression and I knew that he wouldn't believe me either.

“Where did you get that idea Minho?” Kyuhyun asked me.

His face was serious somehow. I took a deep breath and sighed.

“Uncle, all I know is that Minye and I went back in time and messed up the meeting of our parents.” I started to tell him.

“What? You messed up Hyeo and Leeteuk's meeting?” Kyuhyun said to me.

He quickly stood up, surprising all of us.

“You don't really believe him, do you appa?” Hyunri asked him.

“Did you by chance see an hourglass in the attic?” Kyuhyun asked me again.

He was pacing back and forth across the living room now with his hand on his temples.

“If you mean that weird looking thing in the attic, then yes. I accidentally touched it and Minye and I went to the past. Then there was this blue light and I came back here... without her... I looked all over for it but I couldn't find it anywhere.” I told him.

“I saw it too but I didn't touch it and just left it alone.” Key answered as well.

“Then it's true then... Damn it! I knew that there was something wrong with that thing. I told Kana not to buy it as an anniversary present but she was so insistent. Here's the deal, kids... a few years ago, Kana and I bought this weird hourglass from the flea market and gave it to Hyeo and Leeteuk for their anniversary. The guy that sold us the thing said that it contained magic powers ad take you back in time. Of course, Kana and I didn't believe him. The guy said that once the sands have stopped falling you will be back to the time where you came from. That's probably how you came back here since you touched the hourglass.” Kyuhyun said placing a hand on his chin.

“So... what you're saying is... Minho's telling the truth?” Hyunki asked.

“I believe so. Minho... we have to find that hourglass and send you back to the past to get Minye. You've already messed up your parents' meeting... it can't get any worse than it already is. We have to fix this. If Hyeo and Leeteuk doesn't meet and fall in love then Kana and I would have never met and that goes for Kara and Heechul and the rest. If that doesn't happen then...” Kyuhyun started to say.

“Then... all of us will cease to exist.” I said finishing his sentence.