Valentine's

Not your style

 

As you walked into your classroom, you get a little annoyed as from where you’re standing, you could already see your table overflowing with gifts. Aish so today’s the day already, you asked yourself. It’s Valentine’s Day and your classmates were also chit chatting and busy looking at their confession letters and whatsoever. You brushed the stuffs on your table away slightly and put your backpack on it. ‘’ MinJoo ahh~ ‘’ You called out to your best friend as you moved your hand back and forth, signalling her to come over.

‘’ Aish wae! ‘’ She said as she hit you slightly on the back. Apparently, she was talking to one of the cute guys in your class.

‘’ This is for you~ And take what you want here just leave the letters I feel sorry but there’s just too many.. ‘’ You chuckled and said as you handed her a Valentine’s card hand made by you.

‘’ Ahh really? Thanks [Y/N] ahh! This is for you too! ‘’ She said and gave you a small box of chocolates and a card.

‘’ Thanks! ‘’ You replied with a smile, showing your one sided dimple as you see her going back to continue her chat with that classmate of yours. You took out your phone to check for any new messages and tapped on the latest one. ‘’ [Y/N] ahh let’s meet later okays! ‘’ It was from Yixing, your childhood friend. Both of you had been friends at a young age since you guys lived in the same neighbourhood, and also, both of your parents are good friends with his. Since he’s older than you, he always takes good care of you and you just can’t be without him. He’s like a oppa figure in your life and you don’t know what you’ll do without him, however, you reckoned that your feelings towards him isn’t love. Well, at least that’s what you thought.

‘’ Okay Yixing see you later at the usual place! ‘’ You replied his text. What you didn’t notice was Kai sitting on the table in front of you, and looking at you. He was your senior in the dance club and you’ve always notice how well he dances, he’s just, special. And you’ve been crushing on him for a few months already. You looked up and got a shock, but you quickly stood up and bowed slightly. He gestured you to sit down and you did, and after which he hands you a small but exclusive gift box and a letter. He smiled at you and after that, he went out of your classroom and went back to his.

You opened up the letter and it says ‘’ Hey [Y/N], I really like you a lot, so wanna be my Valentine’s? Dance studio at 4pm to give me your answer alrights? ‘’ You felt your heart skipped a heart. Throughout the whole day, you can’t pay attention to what your teacher was teaching and you just stared blanking out of the window, thinking about Kai. Soon, it was lunch break and you went up to the school’s balcony, no one really goes there except for you and Yixing, so it’s the place where you two always have your lunch, talks and all that.

‘’ [Y/N] ahh~ ! ‘’ Yixing said as he waved at you. You waved back and went up to him, holding his arm and leading him to the end of the balcony, where the wind is the strongest and from there, you could see what’s happening in the school field clearly.

‘’ Yixing ahh, I have something to ask you. Do you think Kai’s a nice guy? ‘’ You asked.

‘’ That brat?! He’s always acting cute to me so that I’ll buy him lunch! ‘’ He said with a grin and added, ‘’ But why the sudden question? ‘’

‘’ Erm.. I was thinking if I should accept him.. ‘’ You replied quietly.

‘’ You like him, don’t you? ‘’ Yixing said, his tone becoming serious all of a sudden.

‘’ I do.. ‘’ You said.

Before you even finished you sentence, Yixing cuts you off and said, ‘’ That’s all that matters! ‘’

‘’ Really? That’s what you think? ‘’ You asked, looking at him.

‘’ Of course~ But if he bullies you tell me and I’ll do everything! And this is for you the girls gave me too much I can’t possibly take all of them home~ ‘’ He said as he hands you a small bag of goodies.

‘’ Aish that’s too many Yixing! I just gave MinJoo some already! ‘’ You said as you pushed the bag back at him.

‘’ How can you possibly get more than me hehe~ Just take it already I can’t stuff anymore into my bag already! I even got another bag from my classmate and she told me to take it home geez! ‘’ He said, sticking his tongue out.

‘’ Alright alright! ‘’ You said as you hit his arm lightly. You looked at your watch and added, ‘’ Time to go back to class already Yixing! Don’t fall asleep in class later! ‘’

‘’ I wouldn’t please, speak for yourself! ‘’ He said and the two of you giggled and walked back to the classrooms.

Soon enough, lessons ended and it was almost 4pm. You started to pack your bag, and walked towards the dance studio. Kai was there already, and once he saw you, he said, ‘’ I’ve been waiting for you [Y/N]. So what’s your answer? ‘’

You smiled and went to the CD player and put in a CD, then went to him and hold his hands and said, ‘’ Let’s dance~ ‘’ Kai smiled and nodded. When the dance finished, you said, ‘’ That’s my answer, so what do you think? ‘’

‘’ That’s definitely a yes right? ‘’ He asked and you smiled. ‘’ You’re finally mine, ‘’ he added as he gave you a light peck on your lips.

Time flew past and today’s the second Valentine’s you’re spending with Kai. You were waiting for him at home and he’s still not back yet. Even though it’s been a year since the two of you were together, sometimes you still wonder if he’s the guy that you really loved, or is it someone else? Someone like… You were still waiting at home for him but what you didn’t knew was what’s going on between him and Yixing.

‘’ Yah hyung, you love [Y/N] don’t you? ‘’ Kai asked, while slipping down a cup of soju.

‘’ Mwo? Ani, she’s just my dongsaeng! ‘’ Yixing replied quickly, almost chocking onto his food. ‘’ Wae geurae? ‘’ Yixing asked.

‘’ Hyung you can’t hide anything from me.. I know she feels the same too. I feel it all along, throughout this one year. She likes me, but she loves you hyung! ‘’ Kai said, looking at Yixing.

‘’ Yah kid do you know what you’re talking about!? ‘’ Yixing said, almost shouting at Kai.

Yet, he just points his index finger at Yixing and said ‘’ See hyung, you’re gonna shout at me soon for [Y/N], you didn’t even shout at me when I stole your money or whatever when we’re in school. ‘’

‘’ Aish mianhae Jongin ahh, ‘’ Yixing said. ‘’ Yah, if this was so why did you didn’t tell me earlier.. ‘’ He added softly, hoping Kai won’t hear it, but he did.

‘’ Aniyo, mianhae hyung, I was foolish enough to think that maybe time will make [Y/N] love me, so I went on with the relationship. And since I asked her out this time last year, I think she deserve a new start on this day too. Hyung if you bully [Y/N] I’m gonna snatch her back okay! ‘’ Kai replied, as he quickly wipes his tears before Yixing sees them.

‘’ Sigh.. When will you stop being so foolish Jongin ahh.. ‘’ Yixing says softly, so that Kai can’t hear. ‘’ Yah I’m gonna introduce you to all my female friends already! ‘’ He quickly added.

‘’ OHH NO DAMN, ‘’ Kai said, face palming himself. ‘’ Is this what I get for letting [Y/N] go?! ‘’

‘’ I’m gonna be your matchmaker now Kim Jongin, ‘’ Yixing said with a laugh.

You heard a knock on your door and went to open it, and you’re surprised to see both Kai and Yixing outside. ‘’ What’s going on.. ? ‘’ You asked the both of them. None of them replied, and you were just there, looking at the both of them, waiting for their reply.

‘’ [Y/N] ahh, let’s break up, ‘’ Kai said, finally.

‘’ Wae? Did I do something wrong?? ‘’ You said, shocked to what you’ve just heard.

‘’ Ani, I know you do like me [Y/N] ahh, but the one you love is hyung~ ‘’ Kai replied. For some reasons, after what Kai said, tears started to form in your eyes, making them watery and blurring your version. ‘’ Hush [Y/N], don’t cry, if hyung bullies you, let me know and I’ll be there, ‘’ he added, as he hugged you lightly. With that, he left, leaving you and Yixing alone.

‘’ [Y/N] ahh, I’m so sorry, sorry for making you cry, please forgive me, ‘’ Yixing said as he used his thumb to wipe your tears away.

You shook your head and holds his hands, saying, ‘’ What matters is the present, not the past Yixing, we may have started off a little late, but it’s better late than never right? And you heard it if you bully me I’ll call Kai! ‘’

‘’ Yah! ‘’ Yixing said as he holds you closer for a kiss. When he’s done, he said with a wink ‘’ I’ll make sure you’ll have the most memorable Valentine’s ever. ‘’ 

                                                                                        ~ END ~