5 days to go!

Countdown to Valentine's Day

 

The venue was penetrated by guests of esteem, dressed with fine, pristine clothing. A piano man played famous and self-composed pieces heartily by the side of the platform. The chandelier hung high above their heads, pieced together by metal and authentic stones, therefore glistening and shining light on the ballroom floor. The tables were especially decorated by the finest party organizers in the whole of South Korea, with expensive cloth over the table tops. Everything was just great to celebrate the project's success and the biggest boss owes it all to Lee Dong Hae's team.

 

"We would like to congratulate Lee Dong Hae for a great success on the Valentines Project. Over a hundred thousand copies of the magazine featuring our lovely models, Ms. Jessica Jung and Mr. Kim Junmyeon, were sold, beating our previous record of over half a hundred thousand in the previous year," everybody claps as if to congratulate the given names, "I would like to express my gratitude to all the guests who were able to make it today. Please enjoy yourselves tonight."

 

The biggest boss bows and leaves the podium when everybody claps, the music resumes and the guests busy themselves with their own businesses. Dong Hae silently makes his way towards one of the tables where an old friend stays.

 

"Hyuk Jae! It's been a while!" he greets and Hyuk Jae looks at him, stunned.

 

"Congrats, Hae," he congratulates his long-time friend and Dong Hae chuckles and expresses his gratitude. A man carrying a tray of beverages greets the two men and offers some wine, they oblige.

 

"So, how's life? As an idol?" Dong Hae asks, sipping from his glass and then carefully placing it on the table top.

 

"Wasn't as good as I expected. Everything I do is monitored, the way I dress, eat, and even sleeping habits are corrected. It's still fun though, performing. That's the good part of it. Sometimes I wish I never went solo, it seems that my world is only composed of my manager and I," he story-tells and Dong Hae listens.

 

"That's how life is, there's no such thing as paradise in this world. You're a famous star, they think you have everything. You get rich, expensive clothing, you can go to places, but the hard part of it is actually feeling human, with everyone watching your every move and everything you say. With everyone judging you from 30 second snippets cut by the media to manipulate your speeches. Not to mention, lack of sleep. You seem like you're well-rested tho," Dong Hae sips from his glass a little more.

 

"Just seems like it. Make-up does the trick," Hyuk Jae finishes the alcohol from his glass in one gulp.

 

Dong Hae walks around the venue a little, greeting every guest worthy of his respect. Dong Hae discontinues his greetings when he spots a person all too familiar in close proximity. He walks over to the said person and smiles.

 

"Hey," he greets, leaning against the table. His eyes scan all over the room, no humongous cameras in sight, he sighs in relief. The tension eases.

 

"Hey," she smiles charmingly, her dimples materialize on either cheeks. Dong Hae's heart skips a beat, his breath becomes unsteady. He sighs, uneasiness settling in his stomach.

 

Dong Hae slips a piece of paper and the other end receives. Dong Hae makes his way to greet and acknowledge all other esteemed guests, while the rest of the party-goers socialize or mind their own businesses. 

 

_

 

Jessica scoots a little to ths side when her friend comes back from greeting, greeting and greeting everybody. She invites him to sit down next to her.