7 days to go!

Countdown to Valentine's Day

Dong Hae was sure of rejection as soon as he clicked on that doorbell, but the other's face said otherwise.

 

"What are you doing here?" she asks and Dong Hae flashes an smile, his lips forming into a rectangle, well maybe just a little bit.

 

"Long story," he sighs.

 

"Well, if you're not going to tell me why you're here, then it must be best for you to leave. You know what "they" could do," she leans against the doorframe, looking bored and Dong Hae notices.

 

"Alright. My car crashed, not really, but still, and so, I needed to get home, but I gave the wrong directions and I got here! Plus, I only realized that I left my car keys as soon as I stepped out of that yellow vehicle."

 

"So, what exactly do you need from me?" she asks, scanning her perfectly manicured nails.

 

Dong Hae sighs, probably picking up the words he needed to properly formulate a sentence, "Well. I need a place to crash in for the night. Would it be alright to crash in? I could sleep on the couch. I mean, I'm not going to do anything to you, I'm just going to sleep and then tomorrow, I'm out of the house, back to where I belong!"

 

"Seems like a bad idea," she looked uninterested.

 

"Please?" he pleads.

 

"I need to head out tonight. I'm sorry, I can't do anything about it. Just a minute, I'll give you something that might help," she leaves for a while and comes back with a piece of paper.

 

Dong Hae reads, a smirk forming across his face, later disappearing. He scoffs in disbelief, "Are you for real?"

 

Soo Yeon waves 'good bye' before shutting the door close before him and running back to her bedroom where she previously came from.

 


 

"Is there a problem here?" she asks, almost losing her patience.

 

Neither parties nor social events suited Soo Yeon's vapid attitude. Soo Yeon was a model who had strutted down the ramps of Seoul and New York Fashion Week. She represented South Korea in luxurious brands a plenty, and graced the covers of a plethora of magazines, most getting sold out. Yet, with such a background, Soo Yeon would rather skip the after-party of every success. Parties were nothing but a waste of money to her, but here she is, sitting with eight other expensive names, in a party hosted by a close friend we would like to call, Im Yoona.

 

She adds another factor to why she hates parties on her list: the conversations.

 

"Yes, and if you want me to make it clear to you, you indeed stole him from someone a hundred times more deserving than you are," a close friend she was, but does she live up to that name?

 

"I didn't steal anyone from you, Im Yoona. Let me clarify things first, he was always mine since the beginning of everything. I didn't do anything to steal him from you," Soo Yeon argues a little more.

 

"No you do-"

 

"Yoong, Jess. Stop. We're in a party, we're supposed to have fun, right? Parties aren't meant for fighting?" Sun Kyu helps stop the developing brawl as she stands up and laughs nervously.

 

And they make the headlines the following day: TOP MODELS IM YOONA AND JUNG JESSICA FIGHTING FOR A MAN'S HEART?

 

"What the heck is this, Jung Jessica?!" the woman before her slaps the newspaper on the coffee table before her, not strong enough to break anything in its way.

 

Soo Yeon looks uninterested, "She started it," playing games on her handphone.

 

"Well now we need to do something about this! Your name is stained once again, Jung Jessica! It all started with that- with that-"

 

"Alright, alright, Kang Seulgi, you don't need to panic. It's not like I'll die because of this right? Make them talk and bash me all they want. I just want to live a normal human life," Soo Yeon cuts, gently putting her phone on top of the coffee table, beside the newspaper.

 

"Well, just in case you didn't notice, the media is a bloodbath! People take advantage of whatever is news-worthy! They're going to keep slandering your name! Do you want that? The company might eventually terminate the contract if you keep getting yourself into scandals like this! I just don't want you to lose your job, not to mention, mine too!" Seulgi exclaims, looking as panicked as ever with Soo Yeon looking at her, amused.

 

"I've never seen you this stressed before, Kang," Soo Yeon snickers as she grabs her phone again after it buzzes.

 

'Thanks for yesterday,' she reads the text silently, a smile slowly forming across her face.

 

"You even have the guts to smile and laugh while I'm worrying about my occupation and your passion!" Seulgi grunts and Soo Yeon remains calm amidst the storm coming at her.

 

"Who cares about them? I'm just going to keep doing my job and the news will soon fade away," Soo Yeon explains calmly and Seulgi doesn't seem too pleased.

 


 

"Sunflowers, seem great. Thanks," and he drops the call.