8 days to go!

Countdown to Valentine's Day

The store has never been more crowded until now but the two women walking around it didn't mind it that much. Shopping was the main thing to think about, they both thought.

 

"I think this will fit him!" she grabs a navy blue dress shirt from the rack and Tae Yeon frowns slightly at her friend's choice.

 

"Isn't giving clothes too ordinary? Jess, he deserves something extraordinary. It's Valentines Day!"

 

"If he really loves me, he'll take whatever I give him. Simple as that," Soo Yeon comments and Tae Yeon thinks that her friend was right, but she still chooses to disagree.

 

"Here." she handed me a box, "I think he'll like it!"

 

Soo Yeon took the box from her and looked at its contents, "That looks pretty, Taeng, but will he even like this? I've never seen him wear one?"

 

Tae Yeon smiles, "Well, he's going to wear it for you then." Soo Yeon knew she had a point.

 


 

Soo Yeon got home all too satisfied with what she got for her lucky Valentine. She hides it inside her closet when someone opens the door, revealing a casual-looking Jung Soo Jung leaning on the door frame.

 

"What are you doing?" she asks and Soo Yeon turns to face her sister.

 

"Stal, I got him a gift!" she screams excitedly and Soo Jung rolls her eyes sarcastically before plopping down onto her sister's bed.

 

Soo Jung leans on the headboard, shoving a spoonful of Baskin Robbins in , "What did you get him?"

 

Soo Yeon smiles brightly, but her smile drops, "If I told you then what's the point of it being a surprise, right?"

 

Soo Jung rolls her eyes for real this time, "Why did you tell me to excite me only to bring me down in the end? Where's the sense?"

 

"The sense is...somewhere down the road. You just have to look for it," Soo Yeon says in english and Soo Jung scrunches her face in reply. "Anyway, what did you get your Valentine?"

 

Soo Jung tenses, "Valentine who?"

 

Soo Yeon smiles mockingly, playing with her eyebrows, "That boy you were telling me about."

 

Soo Jung drops her ice cream cup gently onto the mattress, "Hey, I never told you about anyone!"

 

The sisters get too playful sometimes, but not in a disturbing way. But, people envied their relationship. They were like cats and dogs sometimes, but they were cats both at the same time at most times. They knew each other all too well and they knew each other's secrets, only this time, Soo Jung seems to be hiding something from her sister.

 


 

Soo Yeon's phone rang, the person on the other end of the line waiting to be answered. Soo Yeon grabs her phone and presses "Answer" as soon as she reads the caller ID.

 

"Hey Tiff," she greets.

 

The person on the other end sighs, "So, how was your day? Did you get him anything?"

 

Soo Yeon cradles the phone between her shoulder and ear as she hastily grabs a piece of clothing from her closet, "Well, yeah. Taeng and I went to the mall a while ago. I'm not really sure if he's going to like it though. I've never seen him wear one."

 

"Well, that's the test of love, I guess? If he really loves you, then he shall wear whatever you got him. Does he really love you? Stay tuned on the next episode of Jessica and-"

 

"Shut up, Hwang Miyoung. If anyone finds out about this, you're doomed," Soo Yeon threatens, earning a giggle from the other, "Anyway, I need to find clothes for tonight. I'll talk to you later?"

 

The other agrees and the phone call is put to an end. Soo Yeon basks in relief as she gets rid of the voice teasing her just a few moments ago. 'Now, what to wear?' she sighs as she picks up another dress.

 

Perfect.

 

Her doorbell distracts her from picking up another dress, resulting to her running towards the front door in an instant, not even finding time to catch her breath. Before her was a figure she didn't quite expect.