Chapter 9

Book 1 Rose

 

Hyun Seung went straight home. He needed to rest and the best way to do that is to sleep. He felt suddenly tired. Stress from work, he can handle that. But being not just physically and mentally tired but also emotionally stressed, that's probably way too much. 

 

As soon as he turned off the car's engine, he noticed a figure looming  on the front door steps of his home. It was dark from inside of the house but he did not need lights to figure out who it was.

 

 

He did not know where it came from, but he suddenly felt his pain formed into an inexplicable ball of rage. He got off his car and walked straight past the woman who was looking really pleased upon seeing him. He went straight to the door without even giving a glimpse to the lady walking behind him. 

 

 

"Oppa! Oppa! What's wrong with you?", her voice was shaky. 

 

 

"Hyun Seung!", she yelled. Hyun Seung knew she was mad. The only times she would call him by his name are the times she is mad at him. Still he did not look up, he bolt open the door and did not even bother closing it. Jang Mi followed him inside the house. The entire house was dark but Hyun Seung did not bother turning any of the lights on. 

 

 

The effects of 2 bottles of soju started to creep into his system. He was tired, groggy and most of all, his insides are raging. Jan Mi opened the lights from the living room then she followed Hyun Seung to the kitchen. She found Hyun Seung drinking bottled water, the lights from the refrigerator and the light from the living room are the only lights penetrating the room. She could still see him. It was not the Hyun Seung that she knew, he looked like a totally different person.

 

 

"WHAT.IS.YOUR.PROBLEM?", she said each of those words slowly, yelling evident in her voice. It was as if Hyun Seung did not hear anything, he did not look at her. Jang Mi could not help her tears anymore. When she spoke again, her voice was already shaking. She was half yelling and half crying. "If I did something wrong, why won't you just tell me? DO NOT ACT LIKE YOU DON'T HEAR ME!" 

 

 

She knew her voice could be heard outside. "What happened to you? It's like I don't even know you anymore. Why didn't you answer any of my calls? Why didn't you...Did you even greet me on my birthday? Where were you? That was my first birthday you haven't attended!", she did not know that she was this upset. Of course, waiting for him in the restaurant for several hours would drive anyone mad. 


********************

 

When Hyun Seung heard her mentioned about him not attending her birthday, he could not help but give her a glare. Really? I was there, you just did not notice me because you were so happy with your Gi Kwang. Now you're giving me that bull? Jincha!, he thought

 

 

She did not stop with her tirade which made Hyun Seung even more pissed that he already was. 

 

 

"Even Gi Kwang Oppa noticed how much you changed. He's really worried about you. And I am worried about you. If Gi Kwang was not here with you, I'd be really worried about how you were doing.", she said while still yelling.

 

 

Gi Kwang, Gi Kwang, Gi Kwang. That was it. He heaved a sigh as he put down his bottled water on the counter and walked past her, her eyes filled with tears. 

 

 

She yelled, "Where are you going now, huh?" she yelled.
 
Still no words from Hyun Seung. He just walked past her like she was non-existent. She then grabbed Hyun Seung by the hem of his shirt. "WAIT!"

 

 

Everything happened in a blur. When Hyun Seung felt her hands grabbing the hem of his shirt, trying to stop him, he quickly turned to her. Their faces were just a few inches away from each other. He held the right hand she was using to grab his shirt and grasp for his left hand as he pinned her to the refrigerator wall. The refrigerator shook from the impact of his force. His body was pushing Jang Mi against the cold wall as he kissed her roughly, trying to find her lips as she wriggled in resistance. He could taste her tears. Then suddenly, Jang Mi stopped moving although he knew she was still crying. It was then than he automatically changed his kisses from rough to gentle touches of his lips to hers. He could taste her sweet supple lips. He realized right then how much he wanted to make Jang Mi feel how much he loves her.

 

 

*************

Jang Mi was beyond shocked when Hyun Seung suddenly pinned his body against her. He could still smell the soju from his breath when he looked down at her. But when Hyun Seung started kissing her, all she wanted was to escape. Her knees felt weak as they literally shared the same air at that moment. He could feel his breath brushing against her face. After all these years, she never expected she actually feels  the same way all along. The same way when they were younger. The same way he would always want him to look at her. Whenever Hyun Seung was around pretty girls, she would always feel hurt. Even before, she had always hope Hyun Seung would look at her more than a sister and a friend. 

 

 

Even if she unknowingly wanted Hyun Seung's kiss, she always imagined it to be gentle. Not like this. Not this way. She never wanted him to kiss her when he is drunk and angry. She cried because the situation they were in was so hard to bear. Even if she resisted, what good would it do to her. She stopped moving and she let him kiss her, silently hoping he would kiss her because he wanted her, not because he was angry and he wanted to just shut her up. She was so confused about how she felt that moment. 

 

 

Then she felt how Hyun Seung's kisses suddenly turned gentle. She could smell his breath. She could feel his thin lips brushing against her. She never knew how long it was, but she found herself responding to his every kisses. She was kissing his bottom lip as he was kissing his upper lip. She never wanted it to end... but it did. When she opened her eyes, he was looking at Hyun Seung's jet black eyes. His brows were wrinkled as if he was thinking about something and his eyes were questioning.

 

 

*************

He wanted Jang Mi to feel how much he loves her even through this kiss. What surprised him was when she felt Jang Mi kiss-biting his lower lip. She was responding to his kisses. His heart was pounding so fast. He could also feel her heart beating as fast as his. Then he did something he never really wanted- he let go of the kiss. He looked at her. Her face was devoid of fear or hatred. If anything, her face shows confusion.

Then suddenly they heard a voice from the doorway. 

 

It was Gi Kwang.
 
 
 
 
==================
Author's Note:

Thank you for reading and for the comment. We really appreciate it. We are thinking whose story should we post next? Should we post Yoseob's story? Doojoon? Gi Kwang? Or Jun Hyung? 

Hyun Seung's story is basically finished. Just waiting for more readers so that I can post the rest of the chapters. (Completed). Dongwoon's also almost done. But again we are not sure whether the story is good or not. cheeky

Hope you guys had fun reading as much as we had fun writing these. All the best for everyone!

Carpe diem!

-jas