Chapter 11

Book 1 Rose

 

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His knees were trembling as he looked at the girl pinned to the wall by his hyung. He did not know what made him run across the room and punch the hell out of the man beside Jang Mi. He threw punches everywhere, trying to knock the sanity out of the man who seemed to disrespect the first girl she ever liked. He was waiting for Hyun Seung to defend himself from the punches he gave him. But he did not even bother to move. It was as if he was willingly accepting the pain he was giving him. It was then when he realized Jang Mi crying beside Hyun Seung, her hands outstretched trying to stop him.

"Gi Kwang Oppa,please. Stop.", her shoulder was shaking from uncontrollable sobbing while he was just standing there with labored breathing, staring at Hyun Seung. Hyun Seung was consistently looking at the floor. After a while, he stood up and walk past them. When he was about to reach the door, he heard him say, "I'm sorry." Then he left.

It was the longest silence they ever experienced. They both were standing there, not even moving very slightly. It was Gi Kwang who broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Do you love him?', asked Gi Kwang.

Jang Mi looked straight into his eyes. "Oppa...I-I...I never wanted things to happen like this. I never wanted to hurt you. I-I swear... You have to believe me, I like you. I really do." Her eyes were b with tears. She never looked this pitiful. Her face was wet with tears and she was sobbing terribly he could see her having difficulty from breathing. 

He walked up to her slowly and hugged her tightly. "But you love him. You like me, but you love him. You loved him since you were younger."

"Mianhaeyeo. Jeongmal mianhaeyeo," she cried.

He hugged her more tightly and as he closed his eyes, tears trickled down his cheeks.



***************

After that night, he never heard from Hyun Seung again. Gi Kwang, on the other hand, busied himself with his studies. Hyun Seung did not show up in the apartment for god-knows-how-long and as much as he wanted to talk to him, he had no idea where he was. Gi Kwang figured it was probably for the best that they give each other a time. The situation they were in was pretty messed up so it would undoubtedly take time for things to go back to where it was before. 

Though, if he were to be honest with himself, he did not have any intense dislike with either Jang Mi or Hyun Seung. He understood the first time he met Jang Mi that she has feelings kept for Hyun Seung but he dared to take his chance with her. Things, apparently, did not go well with them but it does not necessarily mean he would hate her. After all, it was him who took the risk.

Hyun Seung is a very good friend to him ever since he met him. More than anything, Hyun Seung is a brother he never had. And if friendship goes beyond its superficial definition, no woman can break that bond apart. 

Thanks to the help of their friends who constantly urged them to talk things through, he was finally able to get the chance. 

**************



It was pretty late in the afternoon when he arrived at Hyun Seung's hometown. Dongwoon said he took a leave from work and went to his hometown for a while. 

Hyun Seung's mother said he was at the park near the lake. She said when he came back from Seoul, he would always visit that park near the lake.

Gi Kwang walked into the park, it was quite unusual for a park to be this serene. He scanned the area and he saw him crouching beside the lake. 

"I thought I left you a pretty bad mark all over your face," Gi Kwang smirked.

Hyun Seung turned his head in his direction and beamed at the sight of Gi Kwang. "Well, I'd say you're lousy at throwing punches."

They both chuckled as they both started to look at the placid lake. Hyun Seung heaved a sigh as he said "Gi Kwang, I am sorry."

Gi Kwang looked at him. "I am sorry, too. You loved her first." 

Hyun Seung did not respond, he just continued looking at the tranquil blue water in front of him.

"You know, I really like Jang Mi," Gi Kwang went on when Hyun Seung did not talk. "But...the fact that you kept what you felt about her because you thought she would be happy with me, that's way more than what I can offer to her.  Liking someone and loving someone deeply make a lot of difference. That's a record I cannot break. I will have to work more muscles to live up to that standard of loving someone, won't I?" he joked as he tried to liven up the situation a bit.



Hyun Seung smiled. "Whenever I wanted to cry, I would go here. In this park. And when we both want to have fun, we would spend the rest of the day here. Jang Mi would always bring food for me and my sister. We'd eat beside the lake and we would all play our hearts out here before we head back home. My childhood memories were... pretty awful. But Jang Mi... Well...sh-she made my childhood memories easy to bear. It was not the best, but she made it better. "

There was silence again but they both understood each other. For some reason, they both did not need lengthy explanation. 



"Your room is pretty dusty you need to go home and clean it up," said Gi Kwang with a smile.

"Only if you clean yours," Hyun Seung quickly retorted. They both laughed. 
 
-----
So, chapter 11! YAY! Only one left for this story. :P
I'm working on the third book now! :) Wanna guess who's the lead for that third book? :P
Enjoy!