Chapter 1

Book 1 Rose

 

Hyun Seung stared at the two figures a few meters away from him. He could not help as tears were threatening to roll down his eyes. He looked at how Jang Mi held gaze with his friend Gi Kwang. He was not ready to succumb to this kind of pain. He knew something like this could happen. He did not dare to move. He tried to stand still as he tried to listen to their conversation. 

 

Jang Mi looked at Gi Kwang's jet black eyes. "This is probably the reason why a lot of women named him the Eye Prince", she thought. It was as if she was drowning at the intensity of his gaze. She saw how his lips slowly curve into a mischievous smile that contradicts his seemingly puerile being. She was mesmerized at how perfect it was. The perfect white teeth and the eyes that seemed to danced along with his every breath. 

 

He flashed another grin before saying, "You...you look really different today. You are very beautiful. How could Hyun Seung not noticed that?"

 

A small laugh escaped . "Hyun Seung...as you know he's my childhood friend. We know each other's deepest secret I guess. And I don't think he will ever look at me that way."

 

"Why not? Does he like someone else?", asked Gi Kwang.

 

"Can we not talk about him? Isn't this supposed to be just me and you?", she tried hard not to show his sudden annoyance.

 

"Mianhe", he paused after saying that. He just looked at her for a moment, for some reason he never planned to take his eyes off of her. "Are you ready?", he asked.

 

He held her hands and slowly tugged her along, their arms brushing with each other. 

 

Hyun Seung had to lean on the wall to keep himself from falling. That was all the energy he could muster. He wanted to cry but he was so dumbfounded to even utter a sigh. After all these years, his childhood friend never even felt how much he loves her? Gi Kwang is one of his very good friends. They even considered each other as brothers- a bond that goes beyond blood. Gi Kwang may not look like it, but he knew how good a person he is. It hurts him even more thinking that a guy he was supposed to go mad at does not even deserve even the tiniest grudge.

 

He found himself crouching like a little lost boy, his back to the wall. He was silently crying, hoping that somehow the pain of losing the only girl he loved will be alleviated. It' s not that he does not have any other options. In fact, several women were throwing themselves at him, doing any possible means just to get his attention. But no matter how he tried to direct his attention to someone else, he would still look back at Jang Mi. Jang Mi was the only girl who was able to put up with his mood. She was there when his world was about to crumble. She was the only person who saw him crying. She was the person who cared for him at the most atrocious moments of his life. The very first person to see right through him. And most of all, she is the only woman he ever dreamed of...
 

 
First chapter is up! How is this so far? Let us know! :)