FINAL

Book 1 Rose

 

Jang Mi was still devastated about what happened. Like Gi Kwang, she also never heard from Hyun Seung after the incident. Things get uncomfortable between her and Gi Kwang at first but good thing they were in pretty good terms now. They might not have ended up with the usual romantic happy ending but the friendship that was formed between them was still a happy ending.

 

"Oh, here she is," Hwan Jae said as Jang Mi opened the door. Jang Mi looked from Hwan Jae to the man sitting on the couch.

 

"I have to go work now. I'll leave you two", and she closed the door.

 

Jang Mi walked slowly to the man sitting on the couch.

 

"Oppa, what are you doing here?"

 

"I can't visit you now?", inquired Gi Kwang with a smirk.

 

She smiled. "I'll go get you something to drink... and something to eat, too."

 

Gi Kwang held her back. "Nah! I prefer taking you out for a walk. You sure need some fresh air. How about I bring you to a park?", he flashed a sincere smile. He did not wait for her to answer as he tugged her and walked her down to where his car was parked.

 

"A walk in a park on a weekend? Really?", she said while looking at him incredulously.

 

"You might be surprised with what the ordinary can bring the unexpected."

 

Jang Mi got in the car as she shook her head. "Fine, whatever." She was still buckling her seatbelt when Gi Kwang put a blindfold on her.

 

"And what is this about?"

 

"If I answer that question, that will just void the use of a blindfold, won't it?" She was on a blindfold but he could sense the smirk on his face as he said that.



*********************


It was a pretty long drive that she almost fell asleep while on a blindfold when the car was suddenly brought to a halt. When she got off the car, Gi Kwang slowly removed the blindfold. She had to adjust her eyes from the light and had to clear her eyes from the blurry vision. 

 

It was indeed a place with fresh air. The green grasses and trees surrounding the park accentuated the blue peaceful lake. She let her eyes scan the entire area and saw the familiar bridge over a manmade stream at the northeast part of the park where the tropical garden is located. It was the same as it was 13 years ago. Memories flooded her.

 

She was snapped from her musings when Gi Kwang started talking. "I guess it's about time."

 

She gave him a puzzled look. He grinned.

 

"I'll just go get us some drinks. I'll meet you down at the tropical garden bridge. I won't take long." Then he gave her a wink.

 

She took in the beautiful sight of the familiar place, tracing the path Hyun Seung and her used to walk whenever they head to this lake back when they were younger. The manmade stream in tropical garden sounded so peaceful. She walked over the bridge and stopped in the middle as she closed her eyes and inhale the fresh air while listening to the water running down the stream. 

 

Her phone suddenly vibrated and received a message from Gi Kwang:

 

"Pabo-ya? Do you have to meet me just so you can realize 
how much you love Hyun Seung hyung? Tch. 
You both are really stupid."
*chuckles*
 

By the time she finished reading Gi Kwang's message, she heard footsteps moving tardily towards her. She quickly looked over her back to see Hyun Seung standing at the other end of the bridge. He was looking undeniably gorgeous in white long sleeves shirt and black pants. She could not help but surrender to the rapid beating of her heart, hoping he would not hear it from where he was standing.

 

Hyun Seung stopped just inches away from her, his figure towering over her. His chin was almost touching the top of her head. He looked down at her and stared at her. The intense gaze Hyun Seung was giving her goosebumps. 

 

When Hyun Seung kissed her that night, she knew she would never look at him the same way again. Because it was then that she realized they were both feeling the same way about each other all along. She realized Hyun Seung liked her back.

 

"It's been a while," said Hyun Seung.

 

Jang Mi looked down and tugged the hem of his shirt. It was an odd habit she just can't break.

 

Hyun Seung looked at her fingers twirling the hem of his shirt. 

 

"I missed that," said Hyun Seung as he laughed softly. "And I miss you...so badly."

 

She was still staring at the floor, not even bothering to look up at him.

 

"I am really sorry I haven't been entirely honest with you. You- You are too important to me. There's nothing I wouldn't do just to see you happy. I love you... and I will love you as long as I live."

 

Still no reply from Jang Mi. His patience is running thin now.

 

"Yah! Aren't you going to say something?", he asked with a hint of impatience in his voice.

 

Jang Mi looked up smiling. "I am just fighting the urge to make you the happiest man on earth right now." She then pulled him down and kissed him. Then Jang Mi pulled back.

 

"What was that?" asked Hyun Seung as he tilt his head sideways. 

 

"A kiss?", answered Jang Mi sarcastically.

 

"You call that a kiss?", smirked Hyun Seung as he lifted Jang Mi off the ground by her waist. She almost shrieked from such an unexpected action. Hyun Seung grabbed the opportunity to kiss her passionately. Jang Mi put her arms around his neck and caressed his silky black hair. And as she did so, he deepened the kiss. They never thought they missed each other so much they never wanted to break the kiss. But they did because they were running out of air. 

 

"I love you...so much", she said breathlessly as she was caressing his strong arms holding her waist. He was holding her like he would never let her go.

 

"You have no idea how much I do." Then he pulled her back again for another kiss.

 

The kiss they just shared was exactly the way Jang Mi imagined it to be. It was passionate yet gentle. And this time, he did not kiss her because he was angry. He kissed her because he loves her.

 

She smiled.

 

 

**********

A/N: Finally, I can work on the other guys. Queenj and I are too excited to start writing Doojoon's story. Thank you for reading and subscribing! 

Lots of love,

- princess jas

 

 

You might also want to read our other fic. The 2nd story in this 6 part Book titled Serenity: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/38217/book-2-serenity-beast

And here is the prologue for the 6 stories. This will basically recount the waves of situation that led each of their lives intertwined and later formed a strong bond of friendship and brotherhood: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/67921/prologue-beast

We hope you like it! 

-Queen J