Chapter 5

Book 1 Rose

 

Hyun Seung arrived at the house surprised not to see Gi Kwang in front of his laptop or TV.  Then she found a folder on the coffee table. He opened it to find the papers he asked Jang Mi to get from their house.  So, she was here, he thought.

 

He slumped on the couch and rubbed his forehead. His mood suddenly changed. He did not like the thoughts running on his mind at that moment. What if? 

 

Suddenly, the door opened to see Gi Kwang smiling from ear to ear. "Ah o, hyung!", he said, surprise was evident in his voice. "Jang Mi just...oh so you found the papers. She was looking for you earlier but it was too late so I told her to just leave the papers here and go home. But then...I sort of...asked her out...", he said shyly. 

 

Hyun Seung was just staring at him, no expression on his face. He was so good at doing poker face, he thanked himself for it. If not, then his face alone would gave out what he was trying to hide. 

 

"Hyung, I hope it's okay to ask your sister out. I promise you I'll be good to her.", he said while pouting. Then Gi Kwang approached him, and like a man he said in a serious tone, "I really like her. I can take care of her for you. I promise."

 

Gi Kwang is a funny and cheerful guy and seeing him look like a man, not a boy, for the first time, Hyun Seung was impressed. He probably likes her a lot. He gave Gi Kwang a smirk as he told him, "You better do. She's a nice girl. I don't care if you have more muscles than I do but I will throw you out of South Korea if you make her cry."

 

That's all he said as he stood up and left Gi Kwang in the living room. He felt heavy inside as he walked to his room. He entered the bedroom but as he closed the door, he banged his forehead on it several times as tears fell down from his eyes.

 

The next days were even worse. One time, she woke up seeing Jang Mi waiting in the living room. He was so happy he smiled from ear to ear. Jang Mi said she had not seen him for a long time so she decided to visit him. But when Gi Kwang appeared, it looked as if  she had been meaning to see Gi Kwang all along. 

 

He would also arrive home to find them both laughing, or cooking or watching TV or playing computer games. 

 

Annoyance takes a backseat to pain. What was worse was the pain he felt whenever he'd see them together. It was downright painful. 

 

He never considered evading Jang Mi. What just happened that day made him realized it would be better to just not see her or talk to her at all. Gi Kwang lives in the same roof as him so meeting him is inevitable.

 

Jang Mi was in the kitchen preparing food for both of them. Hyun Seung found out from Gi Kwang that she usually stayed in the house because Gi Kwang likes her cooking. She learned that Gi Kwang's mom was a businesswoman so Gi Kwang was not close to her. In Gi Kwang's words "she is closer to her work than her son". He had never experienced her mom's dishes and if she ever did cook for him, it was not something he could easily recall. 

 

Gi Kwang was upstairs while he was in the living room doing work when she heard Jang Mi called him "Oppa! Oppa! Can you help me with this?" He rushed to the kitchen but Gi Kwang did an overtake. Gi Kwang passed by his side hurriedly as he helped Jang Mi carried the huge bag from the floor to the kitchen table. Jang Mi was looking at Hyun Seung like she did a big mistake. Gi Kwang looked at him as well, then he smiled and said "Hyung, she calls me Oppa, too." He just nodded and left the two.


Jang Mi's birthday came. Hyun Seung went to Jang Mi's apartment where he was greeted by Hwan Jae. Hwan Jae is Jang Mi's other best friend whom she met when Hyun Seung left for Seoul. According to Jang Mi, it was Hwan Jae who made her happy and made her feel not alone when Hyun Seung left for college. So basically, he owed Hwan Jae for taking care of her. She is a very nice and cheerful girl, she reminds him of Yoseob. He smiled at the thought of her meeting Yoseob. Nope, that'd mean chaos, he thought.

"Oppa, I really have to go now for work. I prepared a cake for Jang Mi, could you give it to her for me?", she said sweetly. "Oh, geurae." After a few minutes, he was left all alone. He prepared the cake, candles and flowers he brought for Jang Mi. She always loves flowers, especially white roses. She smiled at he thought about how she would bug him to buy her a white rose when they were young. He felt for his pocket where he placed his birthday gift for Jang Mi. He hid behind the kitchen wall as he waited.

 

He was lighting the candles when the door opened. Jang Mi did not arrived alone for he could hear another voice. Gi Kwang.

 

"What is this? And why do we have to go home for this?", she asked sweetly. "Just open it.", said Gi Kwang. He heard silence between the two, she was probably opening Gi Kwang's gift for her. Then a surprised sound came out from Jang Mi. "OMO! Oppa! Igeot mwoya? This is expensive!", she exclaimed. Gi Kwang ignored her comment about the gift being expensive, "Do you like it?", he asked her instead. His face was full of anticipation. She sighed as she looked at a beautiful purple dress Gi Kwang gave her. She always wanted to wear a glamorous dress. "Oppa...This...is so sweet. Jeongmal komawo.", she said as her eyes were b with tears. She then tiptoed and gave Gi Kwang a hug. "Komawo."

 

Gi Kwang was surprised at her reaction. If she was happy, then he was more than happy. He looked at her again and said, "Go, wear it. I still have to treat you, right?" She was so mesmerized at him. She never felt this special. Gi Kwang had been really nice to hear. She knew that he is a person not hard to fall in love with. "You're overdoing it, Oppa. I can just cook for us. I'll make it really special", she said as she turned and about to go to the kitchen. But Gi Kwang stopped her by holding her in the waist. He slowly brought his left hand to her face then he fixed the hair that was dangling near her face. "I know it is special. You just don't know how special it is every time you cooked something for me. But this time, I want to give that feeling back to you. Araseo?", he said softly.

 

She nodded. He let go of her and she went to her room to wear her new dress. 

First of all. We know. We're sorry we're not able to update this for the LONGGEEEEESSSST time. Mianheyo!

But here's chapter 5. :)