The new neighbor.

The boy next door.

Yoseob sat at his desk and tried to put his mind on his math homework, when he heard a noise from the hallway. "What the is going on there?", he mumbled and wanted to continue with his work as he suddenly heard a loud noise again. He got up and dragged his feet to the door and opened it, to look who made such a noise.
A boy at his age caught his eye and he wondered, what he did here. Then he saw, that the door of the apartment opposite his own was open and the boy was about to carry a cupboard inside. As the boy noticed Yoseob, he mumbled a "Hi" and then ignored him again. "Uhm... hi. So you are my new neighbor.", Yoseob said low and the boy nodded short. Then he finally got the cupboard inside and carried it in another room.
Yoseob made a few steps toward the still opened door and leaned forward to read the name next to the doorbell. It was 'Yong Junhyung'. "Junhyung...", Yoseob mumbled.
He got frightened, when suddenly Junhyung appeared again and looked at Yoseob raising an eyebrow. Yoseob blushed and stepped back.
Junhyung pushed past him and went downstairs to carry more things into his new apartment. "C-can I help y-you?", Yoseob stammered, but Junhyung didn't notice him anymore and disappeared again.
Yoseob sighed and went back into his own apartment and closed the door. "What a strange guy.", he said to himself and sat down at his desk again. He still hadn't finished his homework. 


In the middle of the night Yoseob woke up from loud music. "What the...?", he mumbled and got up. When he realized, that it came from next door, he sighed. "What have I done to deserve such a trouble maker as a neighbor?"
He wasn't sure what to do. As if this boy would listen to me, when I tell him to turn down the music, he thought. Otherwise, I can't sleep anyway as long as the music is that loud. He sighed again and finally went to the door, opened it hesitant and stepped out. Reluctant he went over to Junhyung's door and rang.
Too late he realized, he was only wearing a loose, black tanktop and black pants. Aish, why the hell didn't I think of putting on at least my jeans?, he thought. He considered going back and put on his jeans and a pullover, but it was too late.
The door in front of him opened and Junhyung looked at him a bit surprised. "What's it?", he asked and sized him up.
Yoseob blushed under the other one's gaze. "C-can you t-turn down the music? J-just a little bit ... I can't sleep.", he said low and avoided Junhyung's gaze.
That was the first time, Junhyung was really looking at Yoseob. Before, he hadn't noticed him much.
He noticed, that the boy was only wearing a tanktop and pants. When he looked at his face, he saw, that the boy blushed. He had a childish, yet good-looking face and soft brown hair. All in all, he was very handsome. Not until now, Junhyung realized, he didn't even know his name. Ignoring the boy's request, he asked: "What's your name?"
Yoseob looked at him again and replied: "I'm Yang Yoseob. Uhm ... did you even listen to me?" Junhyung remembered, what Yoseob had asked him and sighed. "Yeah, I'll turn the music a little bit down.", he said short and turned around.

When he closed the door behind himself, Junhyung snorted. "What a strange, little boy. He seems to be the same age, as me, but he looks so childish.", he said to himself. Nevertheless, he's very handsome, he added in thoughts and chuckled low. 


When Yoseob lay in his bed again, the music was a little bit less noisy. But only a little bit. Yoseob sighed. Why did this idiot stare at me the whole time? Yeah, I didn't wear much, but since he's a boy and I'm a boy, he shouldn't care much, should he? Idiot., he thought and pulled the blanket around himself.
He yawned and closed his eyes, but he couldn't sleep. After ten minutes, he sat up again and sighed. I have a bad feeling about him, he thought and lay down again. He's so strange and kind of cold and distant. Maybe a bit conceited too. I hope for that boy, he will behave himself... With this thoughts he finally fell asleep ... 


... only to wake up again one hour later. The music was now even louder than before and Yoseob buried his face in his hands. "I'm going to kill that guy.", he mumbled. 

Still raging, he banged on Junhyung's door and when he opened, Yoseob glared at him. "Who do you think, you are? I said, you should turn down the ing music, because I want to sleep!", he yelled and stamped his foot.
Junhyung couldn't help but chuckling, because the small boy raging in front of him looked just too cute. Yoseob noticed, that was was the first time, Junhyung showed any emotion and looked at him surprised, before he remembered, why he had been that angry. "Stop laughing, idiot!"
Junhyung stopped chuckling and raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think, you are, calling me idiot?", he said calm and made a step toward Yoseob, who flinched.
"I asked you t-to turn down the music before and now it's even l-louder.", Yoseob replied anxious. "Fine, I'll turn it down now. I wanted to go off to sleep anyway.", Junhyung said low.
Yoseob only nodded short and turned around to go back in his apartment. Suddenly Junhyung grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. Yoseob looked at Junhyung shocked and Junhyung let go of his wrist.
"Are you by any chance at Cube Highschool too?", Junhyung asked. Yoseob nodded. "Yeah, why?"
Junhyung made another step toward Yoseob. "Then I'll see you tomorrow at school.", he replied with a crooked smile.