Trusting strangers

Don`t Break My Heart Love

 

A loud knock on the front door interrupted you just as you were about to put the last piece of pineapple in your mouth. With a slight frown you contemplated whether you should still eat it or not before answering your door but another even louder knock broke you from your thoughts and with  heavy sigh you rose from the sofa you`d been curled up on and left the sweet piece of fruit alone on the plate as you headed towards the hallway.

Upon opening the front door you found yourself face to face with six boys, two of whom were supporting a third that looked unconscious. You blinked at them a few times waiting for one of them to speak up.

“Please help us.” One of them said as he struggled to support his friend’s weight. You were confused and frankly a little bit weary of letting six unknown boys into your house just like that, especially since you were only a girl and lived alone. But seeing as your house was located in a pretty secluded area with the nearest neighbor several kilometers away you didn`t see how you had much of a choice, you couldn`t very well leave them outside while their friend obviously needed medical attention, especially not since the forecast had predicted heavy rain later that evening.

So while biting your lip nervously you nodded your head slightly and opened the door up wider to let them all enter, which the gladly did.
“This way.” You said as you led them towards the living room and motioned for them to place their friend on the couch you`d previously been so cozily sitting in. 

After the boy had been carefully placed on the couch his friends stood rooted to the ground while their eyes uncomfortably flickering over every detail of the room, carefully avoiding you and your cautious gaze. Your own eyes moved from the five boys standing to the one on the couch and with a defeated sigh you moved to check on his vitals.

“What happened?” You asked as you placed a hand on the boy’s wrist to check his pulse.

“We`re not sure.” One of the boys started, his gaze shifting to your figure as you cared for their friend. ”He`s been kind of out of it lately and then suddenly he just passed out. We`re not sure why” You moved turned around to look at the five boys standing, they looked pretty worn out themselves, like they were close to passing out as well. You silently wondered what they were doing out here in the first place, your house was located in a pretty secluded area close to the edge of a big forest and not many people visited these parts, unless they were on their way to go hiking in the mountains. But these boys did not look like they were planning on hiking.

“What`s your name?” You asked as you stood up and continued to come to terms with who they were and what they were doing here. The boy who`d been the only one to speak a word so far was again the first to speak up.

“Oh of course, um my name is Suho.” He flashed a small smile before pointing towards his friends. ”This is Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.” You glanced at the rest of them to try and take in their appearance more carefully. Sehun was the one closest to Suho and he looked slightly confused or maybe distracted as he kept his upper lip while focusing on the pineapple slice left on the plate. Next to Sehun was Chanyeol who towered over his friend, easily claiming the spot as the tallest person present which wasn`t rivaled in the least by his neighbor Baekhyun who on the contrary was quite short, probably around your own height, maybe a few centimeters taller. The last one in line was Kyungsoo whose eyes seemed to be ready to pop out of their sockets any time, they were amazingly big and you found yourself lingering on his handsome  features a little bit longer than you had on the others.

They were all handsome no question about that and under different circumstances you would have thought no ill thoughts of them. But considering how their circumstances were slightly inconsistent with anything normal you remained weary of them.

“I`m Jin.” You said reluctantly before moving past them, aiming for the kitchen. ”I’m just going to get some water and a few cloths” You mumbled under your breath earning a slow nod from Suho and the rest.

When you returned to the living room you found that Baekhyun and Chanyeol both had decided to occupy the two armchairs that also furnished the living room. Kyungsoo was observing Sehun who was silently chewing something and upon a closer look you noticed how the pineapple piece seemed to have disappeared. Suho was the only one who still remained by their still unconscious friends side and you found it odd how most of them could be so calm despite the current situation.

You moved to sit on the floor besides the boys head and placed the bowl of water beside you before you drenched one of the cloths in it and wringed it out. Using the now damp cloth to dab away some of the sweat on the boys neck and brow you didn`t realize how his handsome features seemed to draw you in. He had slightly tanned skin and soft looking plump lips. With his eyes closed you could clearly admire his long eyelashes and you silently wondered what his eyes would look like if them were open and what it would feel like to stare into them.

“His name is Jongin or Kai as he prefers to be called.” Suho said with a smile, showing off a set of perfectly white teeth and causing his eyes to twinkle charmingly which caught you off guard a little bit. You nodded in understanding and turned back to Kai who suddenly started making weird noises while his face scrunched up into a frown. This caused his fellow companions to all flock around the couch and hover over it trying to see what was going on.

“Hyung what`s wrong?” Sehun asked as he looked between Suho and Kai rapidly. Suho shook his head as Kai started to turned his head back and forth slightly while letting out several ed snarls and growls.

“I don`t know!” Suho said as he tried to shake his friend awake. ”Kai wake up, wake up!”  His please were soon followed by the rest of the boys as they all worked to bring their friend back to his senses.

You were the only one who remained somewhat calm and while the boys tried to shake their friend awake you swatted their hands away and placed your own on Kais forehead while pressing down softly on the space between his eyebrows in an attempt to calm him down.  You were silently hoping that his sudden outburst had been nothing but bad dreams and that you, by doing what you mom used to do to you when you had bad dreams as a kid would be able to stop Kais discomfort as well. Surprisingly enough it worked and Kai`s face immediately calmed down by your touch which caused a relieved sigh to slip from your lips.  You closed your eyes briefly before moving your hand to gently run it through his thick hair, continuing with the same method your mom used on you.

“He`s been having some problems with this girl recently.” Kyungsoo said suddenly and thus breaking the up until now consistent pattern of only Suho speaking.” He just can`t seem to get her out of his head.” You nodded absentmindedly, not really understanding why he suddenly brought that subject up but listening attentively none the less.

“Problem is though that she doesn`t really know he exists” Baekhyun continued and you since you were so absorbed in calming Kai down you failed to notice the quick glance he sent your way. ”At least until recently.”

“Is that why he fainted?” You asked. ”Because of her?”  Baekhyun nodded.

“Yes, or well, we think so. He really likes her so I guess the pain of her not knowing became too much.” A soft sigh escaped his lips as he closed his eyes. You finally moved your gaze from Kai to look at the group once again. They looked completely defeated with heavy bags under their eyes and dirt all over their clothes. You chewed absentmindedly on your lower lip, you still didn`t trust them completely but you didn`t want to send them off in this state and it was already getting late. Even if you`d preferred to find out a little bit more about who they were and how they ended up so far from the city you didn`t really want to probe too much in something that wasn`t really any of your business, so instead you decided to just leave it be for now.

“I have a few guest rooms if you would like to stay the night. It`s getting late and I heard it was going to rain as well.” As if on cue the soft clatter or rain drops could be heard as it began pounding against the windows. The boys looked at you with exhausted but grateful eyes.

“Thank you so much for your hospitality.” Suho offered politely with another one of his bright smiles. You nodded in reply and rose to your feet, simultaneously removing your hand from Kais head. At the loss of your touch Kais face scrunched up in a slight frown once again but no sounds escaped his lips nor did he start moving around again so the slight change in his facial features went by unnoticed by everyone.

“Just help me with the sheets please.” You said as you offered them your first smile in an attempt to ease your own mind more than theirs. If you considered them to be friendly then maybe the chances of them being unfriendly would decrease you rationalized in your head before moving towards the second floor with four of the five boys following closely behind. Kyungsoo stayed behind to look after Kai while the rest of them prepared the beds.

Just like the rest of the boys Kyungsoo knew that the reason behind Kais current condition was nothing too dangerous yet, which was why none of them had been particularly alarmed when he fainted. They knew the reason behind it and they also knew that within a day he would be awake again.

The problem however would still remain and Kyungsoo chewed on his lip thoughtfully as he pondered how they were going to cure Kai completely. He knew of only one method that could help his friend and it was the most complicated one because it involved no herbs or material medicine, it was far more complicated than that. 

 

-------

A/N: How is it? does it sound good? I`m not really good with characters apperance descriptions so it will all be revealed bit by bit throughout the story.  but I hope you can enjoy the story anyway ^^

Oh and if you have any suggestions or remarks please let me know ^^