With a snap of his fingers

Don`t Break My Heart Love

 

You stirred slightly as a comfortable warmth seemed to surround you. You tried to bury yourself deeper into the comfort and pressed yourself towards it only to bump your nose against something hard. Your eyebrows furrowed slightly before you lazily opened your eyes, blinking twice you realized it was a human, or more specifically someone’s chest that you were pressed against. Still in a half asleep state you glanced up towards the, still sleeping, persons face from the only to realize that it was Kai.

For a moment you only stared at his relaxed features and couldn`t help but notice the content smile that spread across his face in his sleep, but then you shook your head slightly and got back to your senses. You tried your best to push away and wriggle out of his grasp but even fast asleep Kai was strong, and his arms wrapped even tighter around your waist as he pressed you closer against him. With a heavy sigh you gave up on your futile attempt and tried to glance up towards the ceiling despite being pressed so close against Kai.

A smaller shriek escaped your lips as you came eye to eye with Jaejoong who hovered above you and Kai while blinking mischievously at you.

“Feeling comfortable love?” He asked with a chuckle and your face immediately grew hot and tinted into a slight shade of pink from embarrassment. No words managed to escape your lips and you just remained silent while staring into Jaejoongs silver orbs.

“Don`t worry love, let me help you.” He said and then he did it again, that impossible thing with his fingers. He just snapped them once and before you knew it you were free from Kais grasp and had it not been for Jaejoong , who grabbed you by the waist to keep you balanced, you surely would have fallen to the ground from the sudden change in surroundings.

“Easy there love.” Jaejoong mused as he offered yet another grin before you steadied yourself and cleared your throat.

“Thank you.” You said as you glanced at him from the corner of your eyes while Jaejoong took a deep bow.

“My pleasure love.”  When he straightened up from the bow he sent another grin your way and had it not been for Baekhyun breaking your moment your face would have once again turned into a more crimson color.

“So what`s your deal then?” Baekhyun questioned from his position in one of the armchairs, arms and legs crossed and his eyebrows tightly knitted together. Jaejoong chuckled and turned to face Baekhyun.

“My deal?” He asked.” Would you mind elaborating?”
Baekhyun gritted his teeth but before he managed to reply, Chanyeol beat him to it.

“He means what are you? How do you know so much about werewolves?” Chanyeols eyes flashed red for a brief second. ”and how did you know about Jin being Kai`s soul mate?”

“I know a lot of things.” Jaejoong shrugged. ”But I don`t believe I`m obligated to tell you what I am or how I come to know the things I do.”

“Why?” You raised one eyebrow and crossed your arms and for the first time Jaejoongs features turned stern and his eyes shifted  into a darker, more faded, shade of grey before he answered.

“My business is my own and not something to I will share.” The tension in the room quickly rose and you knew you weren`t the only one who realized that pushing the subject would be a bad idea so when Sehun broke the silence by mumbling something about how starving he was you let out a smaller sigh of relief.

“So what now?” You asked as you dared another glance at Kais still sleeping form, his once  content smile had now turned into a light frown as he seemed to be searching for something in his sleep.

“What do I have to do to accept him?” you question seemed to take most of the boys off guard, all but Jaejoong whose eyes once again had returned to their bright and playful silver color.

“You mean you will accept him?” Kyungsoo asked, hardly believing what he was hearing. In reply you only nodded in his direction, truth be told you weren`t so sure about anything at the moment but you knew that you didn`t want Kai to die and if all you really had to do was accept him as a friend then where was the harm in that? It wasn`t like you had too many friends to begin with so one or a few more wouldn`t exactly hurt.

“Yeah, sure, just tell me what to do.” You turned towards Jaejoong who seemed to be the only one who had any answers at the moment. Jaejoong snapped his fingers and pointed in your direction.

“It`s simple love.” With another snap of his fingers he was right next to you and leaning in closer, his breath tickling your ear as he rested his cheek against yours and whispered only for you to hear. ”To accept him all you have to do interact with him.” For the third time the sound of Jaejoong snapping his fingers echoed throughout the room, the only difference this time was the now he didn’t reappear anywhere, this time he was really gone. The tickling feeling of his warm breath lingered for a few moments as you touched your cheek with your left hand. It had happened too fast for you or any of the boys to react but now that is was starting to sink in you couldn`t find any words to say. 

“Where did he go?” Chanyeol almost roared from his position at your desk, his eyes frantically searching for the man he didn`t trust one bit.

“I think he left.” Suho stated as he too rose from his seated position next to Chanyeol. ”What did he say to you Jin?” You shook your head in return.

“Nothing much really, just that I should interact with Kai in order to accept him.” You were still puzzled by the meaning of it and quite frankly also a little bit flustered from how close Jaejoong had been to you only moments ago.

“What`s to say he wasn`t lying though,” Baekhyun said while waving his arms around him. “I mean we don’t know anything about him even though he might know a great deal about us.” The rest of the boys nodded in agreement, Baekhyun had a point. But you still felt uncertain about it, somehow Jaejoong didn`t seem like someone who`d go through that much trouble just to lie to someone. He seemed far too free-spirited for that, like a kid at a playground. But for the moment you decided to keep that opinion to yourself, you weren`t too confident in your belief to start a possible argument over it. Besides, observing situations rather than jump to conclusions had always been something you strived to achieve, even though you hadn`t done such a good job that recently, considering how things turned out.

A low grumble slowly broke you from your deep thoughts and you turned to look at Kai who seemed to be stirring awake. In a matter of seconds Kyungsoo was beside him, helping him into an upright position.

“Are you alright Kai?” He asked while his brows furrowed in concern. Kai only nodded his head and flashed his friend a smile.

“Yeah, don`t worry.” Kai patted his friends shoulder reassuringly.

“Hyung, you shouldn`t make a habit out of fainting unexpectedly. It`s bothersome” Sehun scolded while crossing his arms and looking straight at Kai who in return rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“Sorry, but I really feel fine now.” He removed his hand from the back of his head and let it rest in his lap while his head hung low. Something told you that he was debating whether to look at your or not so you decided to take the first step.

“Here goes nothing” You thought quietly to yourself, determined to at least try to heed Jaejoongs advice, to interact with Kai.

“Let`s be friends.” You said as you sat down next to Kai and offered him your hand. Kais head shot up and his wide eyes looked straight into yours, the mere intensity of them almost causing you to blush again.

“What?” He asked not really sure if what he had heard was correct or not.” You bit your lip, dearly hoping you would not come to regret this decision.

“I said.” You grabbed his hand in yours and smiled as brightly as you could, given the situation. ”Let’s be friends.”  What came next was something you were not prepared for and you had no time to react to it either. As soon as you had finished your sentence Kai had grabbed you by the shoulders and pressed you tightly against his chest, effectively trapping your arms in between both your bodies. He buried his head in your hair against your neck, deeply inhaling the soft summer scent it gave off. This time you couldn`t stop the blush from growing on your cheeks and by the way he was clutching at your shirt and pressing your body against him as if you would disappear forever if he should dare let go, you didn`t have the heart to try and break free either.

So for the moment you let him be and stayed still and quiet in his warm and comforting embrace.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late and short update, this chapter was really difficult to write because not much really appens but it is important for the story to move along, so hopefully from now on it will become more interesting ^^ Why does it feel like I say this at the end of every chapter...sorry ;__;
 
But thank you for all of your support, I lvoe reading all of your comments and they really motivate me to keep going with this story :D Thank you <3