Decisions

Don`t Break My Heart Love

A deep heavy sigh escaped Kris as he slumped down on a log on the edge of the clearing they`d been “camping” in for the last couple of days. His thumb and index finger found their way up to the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes and continued to ponder on possible solutions to the problem they were facing. But the result of his thinking remained the same, he couldn`t figure out what to do. A worried Lay slowly approached Kris and sat down beside him.

“Still no solution?” He asked carefully as his kind eyes observed the alphas hunched figure while the later buried his face in his hands.

“No matter how much I think about it there is only one way for us to reach Suho.” Kris slowly raised his head and looked straight into the thick forest in front of him. “We need to cross their territory.” He nodded slightly in the direction that led to the rival packs territory, and the only route that led to Suho and the others. Lay let out a small sigh as well and leaned back against the rough  bark of a tree , closing his eyes in the process.

“We`re in trouble then. Those wolves are almost twice our size.”

“I know. Had they been fewer we could have put up a decent fight at least.” Kris let out a deep exhausted breath and rose to his feet. His dark brown eyes slowly scanned the clearing. Luhan and Xiumin were at the far right, deeply engaged in preparing some food for the others too eat, although judging by the annoyed look on Xiumins face things weren`t going so smoothly. Tao and Chen were both practicing acrobatics and martial arts in the middle of the clearing. Neither was in much need of more practice considering that they were by far the best fighters of the pack but whenever they became restless or bored they would always fall back to old habits and practice until they dropped from exhaustion. Kris frowned slightly upon noticing the obvious fatigue that crossed both Tao and Chen’s faces as they once again attempted yet another high kick. A low snarl grew from the back of his throat as he started making his way towards the two younger wolves.

“That`s enough.” He warned as he placed one hand on Taos shoulder just as the youngest was about to leap into the air. “We`ll move soon. I need both of you to be in fighting condition when that time comes.” He sent a warning look towards both Chen and Tao who in return nodded in understanding. Kris returned the nod before he went back to the log he`d been sitting on previously and tapped Lay, whose eyes still remained closed, on the shoulder.

“We`ll wait two more days. If we haven`t heard anything from Suho by then we will take our chances and sneak through the rival packs territory. Make sure the others are ready by then.”  Lay nodded in response and Kris continued.

“I`ll go take a look around the area, to see if anything has changed. If we`re lucky they might move on within the next two days.”  Kris didn`t wait for Lay to reply before he leaped into the forest with inhumane speed. Despite giving the order to move on no matter the circumstances he wasn`t confident they`d make it through unless Suho and the others came to help them. As he continued with his check of the area he silently wished that Suho would realize the severity of the situation and come help them, he really needed their strength right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes widened noticeably as you stared as Suho who kept his eyes focused on an equally shocked Kai.
 
“You know as well as I do what would happen if you`re separated from her right now.” Although his voice was calm it was obvious just by looking at his face that Suho was struggling to hold back his true emotions. Kai bit his lips slightly and glanced at you once before he sighed and nodded.

“Yes, I know. But I still need to go.” He looked straight at Suho with his now brown eyes and continued. ”Hyung, I was the one who talked to Lay so I, if anyone, should know how much they need our help.” Kai seemed to have no worries for himself and only focused on the wellbeing of his friends. You had remained quiet during the whole exchange since you weren`t really sure what exactly was going on. From what you`d gathered some very important friends of Kai and the others were in trouble and in need of their help. But for some reason Kai wouldn`t be able to go unless you came along with them, although you guessed it might have something to do with you being Kais soul mate it still confused you a bit.

“I understand how you feel Kai, but I can`t let you go unless Jin comes with you. It`s too dangerous and don`t even try to argue with that, Kris would have said the same.” Suhos words left no room for any kind of discussion so Kai remained quiet and looked at you. His expression was hard to read since it showed a mix of so many conflicting emotions. Part of him seemed to be pleading for  you to come with them while the other seemed to be worried about your wellbeing and therefore whished you would just stay home where you`d be safe.  Needless to say it seemed like the decision was entirely up to you as all four boys in the room turned to look at you. You blinked once, twice, and then shook your head slightly, your forehead creasing significantly.

“Wait-no-I mean.. it will be dangerous right?” You struggled to wrap your head around exactly what was going on and looked to Suho for help, since he seemed to be the one who always had all answers.

“Yes, well-.”

“It`s dangerous.” Sehun bluntly cut Suho off, he seemed to have cooled off enough to regain his usual calm. Suho frowned at Sehun before sighing heavily.

“Sehuns blunt but he`s also right, it will most likely be dangerous. Werewolves are very territorial and they become fiercely aggressive when a rival pack gets too close to their territory, let alone tries to pass through it.”

“Great.” You muttered under your breath, there seemed to be no end to the troubles these boys brought you.

“Hang on.” You raised your eyebrows as you suddenly realized something. ”Won`t I be a big burden if I come with you? I mean I don`t really know anything about fighting in general, let alone fighting against werewolves.”  Kai smiled gently and slowly approached you as soon as you had finished your sentence.

“Don`t worry, I`ll protect you.” When he reached you he grabbed your hand and squeezed it gently, a gesture that surprisingly provided you with some comfort.

“Honestly, Kai will be significantly stronger with you close by, another perk of having found your soul mate is that you kind of power up when they are nearby. You could say the will to protect will fuel his strength.”  Baekhyun, who had kept quiet throughout the whole conversation, said with a shrug before he smiled at you. You nodded, truth be told you`d already decided long ago what to do but now you felt more confident in your decision.

“I`ll come with you.” You squeezed Kais hand the moment your words left your mouth before you released him and went up to Suho. “They`re important people to you guys right? If they need your help, all of your help.” You gestured towards Kai with your right hand while you kept looking into Suhos attentive eyes. “Then I`ll come with you. “ A wide smile spread across Suhos face and it seemed as if he was moving to pull you into a hug when you felt someone wrap their arms around your shoulders from behind. While Kai pressed his cheek against yours, Suho, Sehun and Baekhyun stared with wide eyes at the pair of you. You felt your cheeks heat up almost instantly as Kai only seemed to tighten his grip around your body.

“Thank you.” He mumbled right next to your ear, his warm breath tickling your now rosy cheeks.

“Y-you`re welcome.” You stuttered and reached for Kais arms in an attempt to pry them off your body. Sadly, your strength alone seemed to be far from enough so with pleading eyes you looked to the three wolves in front of you, all whom seemed to have amused grins plastered across their faces.

“Help me.” You pleaded while still trying to release yourself from Kais still tight grip.  Baekhyun was the first one to move to help after letting a soft laugh escape his mouth.

“Come one Kai, let the poor girl go.”  Baekhyun came right up in front up you and placed his hands next to yours to help you bend Kais arms open. After a small struggle, and some assistance from Suho who had targeted Kais ticklish sides, the three of you finally managed to create enough space between Kais arms and your body for you to slip out of his grasp rather ungracefully. Sehun, who had remained at the sidelines throughout the whole ordeal, chuckled softly as he observed the amusing scene before him.

“Thanks for the help.” You muttered sarcastically towards the youngest as you placed your hands on your face in an attempt too cool your still heated cheeks down.

“No problem.” Sehun said with a grin and you couldn`t help but smile back. You turned your head back to Kai only to see him glare slightly at Baekhyun and Suho who were both teasing him with wide grins spread across their faces.

“You shouldn`t interfere, that`s rude.” He muttered as he puffed his cheeks slightly, strongly resembling a dissatisfied child.

“ Can`t say I`m sorr-“

“We`re back!.” Baekhyun was interrupted by Chanyeols booming voice as he and Kyungsoo walked into the living room.  Both boys had small sweat drops trailing down their necks confirming that they had indeed been out on a run, as Baekhyun previously had mentioned.

“You look like you`re having fun.” Kyungsoo mused as his eyes observed the scene in front of him where three of the four wolves were grinning, one was pouting like a child and you were busy trying to cool off your tinted cheeks.

“We are, but not for long. Make preparations, we`re leaving tomorrow morning.” Suho ordered with a soft smile as he headed towards the stairs, no doubt aiming for his room to get some peace and quiet before they set of on their journey.

“Wait, what?” Chanyeol questioned as both he and Kyungsoo looked utterly confused, neither being up to speed with what was going on. You removed your hands from your cheeks and chuckled softly, patting the two wolves on their shoulders as you passed them.

“You`ll know soon enough.” You said with a grin before you headed straight for your room. Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai copied what you and Suho had done and left the living room without giving any sort of explanation to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo who remained standing in the middle of the room, still extremely confused.

“I think we missed something.” Kyungsoo concluded with a slow nod as he looked at Chanyeol who nodded.

“Yeah.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay for update! (^-^)
 
Sooo, who do you think the rival pack is? ;) 
I hope you liked this update,as always your support is greatly appriciated (^-^) 
and to answer a question I seem to be getting quite frequently I can tell you that Jin will not only be Kais soulmate, she will definately be the soulmate of more than half of EXO ;) I`m sorry the romace part is so slow though >_< I`ll try to get better at it I swear! 
 
But at least we got some Exo-M moments xD even though they were brief in this chapter they will become more frquent and longer in chapters to come (^_^)
 
Thank you all for your support~